• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
This thread is meant to describe your thoughts about the adventure from a player's perspective, or more simply put this is the Out Of Character thread. You can discuss the RPG here.

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT WORLD MAP IS LIKE JUST TOTALLY HORRIBLY Fine. I especially find it cool that the Darkvale Mountains, are exactly how I imagined Knalga to be on a map, when I was writing Laurolf's profile- So I guess he's from there now. :D

Both Darkvale and Fangir mountains are inhabited by Dwarves, though the capital, Darkreach, is located in Fangir.

Glad you like the map. A decent amount of effort went into it, though my next one will be better.

It is indeed open. Do not be thrown off by the first post. I will make posts featuring the sorceress Ilhirel a few times per chapter perhaps. They will have nothing to do with your characters, but rather serve the purpose of illustrating to you as players the picture of who you're fighting against. It also gives me pleasure to write this because I play no character of my own and Ilhirel is the closest thing to that.

So aside from the obvious literary and God-knows-which-else value of the first post, feel free to to ignore it and react to the second one which involves your characters.

Sounds good.

Aaahhh I have no idea how much internal narration vs. external action description to use :P

It is a matter of personal preference combined with the needs of given situation. Please refrain from posts of multiple pages. Only the Storyteller can justify those for his own personal needs :3

Really now? I haven't even got myself into reading and there is already oh i love you, lets use our bodies to mingle at sundown...

Welcome to the Desert, baby!

Trying to think up a suitably awesome entry post while the clawmarks on my hands and arms heal up (damn cats).

I realize that my map isn't particularly awesome, but can't you be at least a little impressed? :(

I worked hard and although I do believe I've overtaken the majority of shitty excuses for maps, it didn't quite turn out as good as I was hoping it would.

If you could do me a favor and publicly discuss cartography in the thread I just opened up HERE, I would be thankful. No, your Storyteller will be thankful. Think of it that way :P

Not to be splitting hairs here, but Xenthriss and Lareo - though I must first of all commend your quality posting - there is a detail per each of your posts that makes me wonder just how carefully have you read my second post in which I laid out the scene.

Xenthriss, you stated that "A gust of wind caused the entity's robes to flutter...". I am having a hard time imagining this when taken into consideration that you are in a huge underground cavern. While it is true that there theoretically must be some air access, you should not have assumed this. It could have been a magical fantasy cave where air is brought up through strange bubbles that pop out of the water. Or maybe the place is enchanted and there simply is air forever? Either way this isn't drastic, and while you are allowed to manipulate a few this beside your own character, please try to reasonably anticipate examples like this. If I had intended one of the two magical possibilities, your draft would have cut me off. Just a note for the future, ok? ;)

Lareo, you stated that "...there sat a short figure on a rock leaning against the cavern's wall.". I am having a hard time imagining this when taken into consideration that the company is set on a small rock amid a dark sea, and like I wrote in my post, you can actually barely see the edges of the cavern, and only so when one of the white lesser spirits flies close enough to illuminate them. Probably a minor oversight on your part, it happens, and it made me laugh, but really do try to focus? On another note kudos to you for the Dwarven personification. I like it when someone plays that accent :P

You know, guys, it's rude to post without waiting for the other players. One day is not too much time to wait. If not everyone has posted, try not to reply until such a time as they have. You appeared to have began a new round of posting while I was asleep, and without waiting for any action on the behalf of the character you had just interacted with. I won't whine too much this time, but in the future try to be patient and wait for a response. You wouldn't walk away in the middle of a conversation, would you?

Shockingly enough, I have to agree with Xenthriss. I was just thinking about the same thing earlier today while I was unable to post but I did anticipate more posting on your part. While I do commend posting activity, try to determine when it is a good idea to start a new round of posts and when it is not. It all depends on the situation, so you have to be wary not to cut off other players amid something going on that involves their characters.

Also, when you know you can't post for a while it may be prudent to reserve your spot and notify the others in this OOC thread. If nothing else, at least some adjustments will be made to accommodate everyone's needs.

Also, Xenthriss, 2 things. First, why do you insist on using 7 indentations for your character title instead of hitting the "center" button? The indents don't make it centered so I had to fix that so far.

Second, will your character be speaking like that the whole time? That fashion of separated words and plentiful supply of dots. If that's how he speaks, why not just explain that before or after his dialogues, now and then because we've already pretty much learned it.

Not saying you can't carry on like this. Just a thought.

[QUOTE="Renarion Arenimon]After the specter's words Dina could feel all eyes on her.

[/QUOTE]
STARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who wouldn't? Look at dem curves :3

Feel free to sexually harass Petal's character. The Storyteller will too busy suppressing the urge to join to do anything about it.

Yeah, whatever happened to that whole.. "Waiting for posts" and whatnot? *CoughcoughRencoughpetalcough* :rolleyes:

I wanted to get a basic idea of how hard he is to understand into your heads before typing regularly. The seven indents is because for some reason the alignment buttons don't show up for me. Also, I'm not posting until Ridel has, disrespectful otherwise, as this is a major plot event.

What? Oh... I need to post...

I'll post tomorrow... Oh, wait, it is tomorrow... I'll post today after about nine hours of sleep...

I have been unable to post for nearly two days due to a trip I had to make. I'm back now, and will update my RPs right now before Petal steals me for the rest of the day.

Well, perhaps the dwarf is worth of the art.

Damnit Ridel. You need to post. I'm going to go insane if I have to stall any longer.

Why does everyone else keep saying "Drakkar" when in the Races list it says "Drakarr"? ;)

The bloody dwarf is right :o

I haven't noticed until now, but Drakkar somehow comes more natural than Drakarr. Kudos to you Lareo for noticing this, and there is no need to edit anything, but in the future let's stick to Drakkar. Better sounding. I edited the name in the races.

As for VonRidel, I actually expected this of him since we played the Children of London before. Not sure if his inactivity is caused by a lack of interest, real life issues, or something else, but for now just try to play along. If he doesn't reply in a situation for too long, ignore him. Worst case scenario is actually good for you. In epic stories there are always casualties, and I'll probably kill him off somewhere along the way to add a bit of realism :D

I'm sure VonRidiculous will post soon enough. If not, then let's brutally end him kill his character off, with respect and dignity. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back