• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

I keep forgetting, but I might have to dispense some more info to you, Kaerri, on the topic of Creationist priests, especially as concerns the dwarves. I've handed out plenty to Andei during character creation but since the two of you hadn't interacted until just now, I just didn't get around to it. I'll make sure to do so soon, though there probably won't be much time to chit-chat for a while! *woof*
I'll take it whenever you can give it to me. ^;3^ Been rather busy myself, and will probably be less available next week than usual so I'll try to get a post up over the weekend.

Posted!
...and just wondering, how's it goes for everyone? I'm personally done with one midterm (with 2 more to go)

Well, as y'all know already, I didn't manage to post last weekend. (very very sorry! bad Kaerri!) But the unusual busyness has subsided as of this afternoon, so I shall be writing tomorrow. Many apologies for the delay.

Good luck on the midterms!

I currently have a major deadline coming up on Tuesday, so won't be able to post until Wednesday at the earliest - sorry!

Hi all, hope you're all good! Just wanted to let you know in advance that I'll be abroad for 3-4 weeks between July and August so might find it hard to post :) Should be good for the rest of June / mid-late August though!

Just wanted to let you know in advance that I'll be abroad for 3-4 weeks between July and August so might find it hard to post :) Should be good for the rest of June / mid-late August though!
Noted. I think you probably meant to say that you should be good for this month and mid-late July, after which you'll be away until the end of August or so, hm? Anyway, it's fine. We'll take what we can get *woof*

Oh, I just noticed your new profile picture!
It's actually an old picture, but I probably haven't used it for a year or so. I have basically two or three pictures that I rotate when I feel like a change. But thank you ^^

I came back from a trip myself a couple days ago so here's some delayed posting... Sorry to keep you waiting but glad to see that everyone's been able to get something down (except Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon , I do hope he'll get around to it). Will try to post more often personally, it's not good to stretch things out this much, it always kills the feeling of continuation, not to mention how much it harms character immersion *whine*

I envisioned it as
June/early July: Andei
late July/early August: no Andei
mid-late August: Andei

Anyhow, good to see you back, Wolf!

I'm really sorry for the slow replies, everyone :( *whine*

Been on the road a lot, even had to stay in a different city for a week, and when I did have the time I couldn't always muster the willpower. Back home now but somehow managed to get sick - self-tested positive for covid, probably picked it up down on the coast somewhere, cases have been exploding there lately (lots of partying, tons of people, music festivals etc.) but since it's peak season and we need the money, the government is keeping a reasonably tight lid on it (yes the numbers are reported, but they're not "advertised" anywhere and no safety measures apply, no need for masks or certificates or anything). Right now we got 10k guaranteed cases (obviously can only be more, as not everyone bothers to go get officially tested), and big surprise, over half that number is down by the water, lol.

I'm more or less fine, will see about posting as soon as i feel a bit better! In the meantime there's a chance for those of you who haven't posted to do so :) *woof*

Heya Wolf! Heya everybody!

Wolf, I still check here from time to time. Having just learned that you're not your normal self, I wanted to wish you the best in taking care of yourself, getting enough sleep, getting good food and hydration, and keeping your spirits up!

You've beaten bigger dragons than this so keep your chin up, Your Wolfness!

Or... should it be... Your Rawrness? His Ever-traveling Wolfiness? Mista Numbah One Maximum Wolf-Powah? How about The Amazing Man from Amaranth? The One and Only Croatian Sensation?

Oh, to heck with it! Here, have a big hug, Wolf! Feel better soon! =)

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Oh dear! I hope you don't get any worse than you do now, and that you feel better soon! We'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks, all. It was actually pretty horrible the first 24 hours, been getting better since. Still can say that I've been hit a lot harder by the "regular" flu in the past :x

So, umm. Hello everyone. I'm really sorry about the low activity. Last you heard I was still sick - I fully recovered from that, and then there were some work related obligations and a short spell of low motivation throughout which I'd been musing on how to proceed (plus I believe not everyone had posted yet). And... Well. Something else.

This is really hard to type out.

My dad passed away having lost his fight with cancer after 3 years of sickness and mostly ineffective therapy. He'd been diagnosed really, really late, so I guess in some way we should have known or prepared for it since the start. Like super late. Like, he could have been saved if he'd listened to people or even just his own body later on, but yeah. He was always a little stubborn when it came to his own health and safety, while working hard all his life to ensure the well-being of the rest of us. So I guess in some way it couldn't be helped.

Anyway - we still had a lot of hope despite the late find, especially since up until this year he didn't seem to be as bad as we now know that he was. Still, there was supposed to be more time. Another 2-3 months, possibly, they said, but then all of a sudden he got much worse and very quickly 2-3 months turned into a few days and... that was it. The thing had simply spread too much and there was nothing that could be done except to afford him a quiet departure in the comfort of his own home and the company of us few closest to him (me, my brother, and his second wife).

That was a week ago, exactly. He's been put to rest a few days ago, down by the sea like he always wanted.

I'm sure everyone here has lost loved ones before and that you're no strangers to grief. It's just like... extra horrifying when someone goes out this way. Just literally falling apart from the inside. For me, I'd never heard someone's actual last breath being drawn before. That's... some kind of something.

I meant to share this sooner but like you'd probably guess, it's just been a rapidly evolving nightmare. Even now, when we're relatively "ok" in the sense that we're starting to function enough to do stuff that needs doing, somehow it's... like, super fucking hard to actually tell someone on the phone, or in person. Or even just to write or type it down. I'm suddenly super tottally not ok and I can barely breathe. And all I can do is stop what I'm doing and face away and breathe and then find some distraction until I find myself relatively "ok" once again.

I really want to continue with Amaranth and I'm terribly ashamed that it's been so long since my last post. It will probably help as well, writing and RPing again, it's a more productive and useful distraction than most - I just. I just might need a few more days to try and get my stuff together.

Hope you are all doing alright.

Heya Wolf!

Man, am I sorry to hear about this! You always adored your dad when you talked about him. To go from "hey, he still has some time," to "get ready because he's going very soon!" had to be the worst of shifts. But you know what? From the sound of things, he left this world in a pretty good way! Surrounded by people who genuinely gave a damn about him. Buried down by the sea where he wanted to be. While the sting of losing him might never entirely fade, you did right by him. That's a great thing. Look back on those good times with your dad - remember those!

I say dive into Amaranth. This is the "safe haven" you built. It would not exist with you. Now let it be there for you. What is it about Amaranth that made you love it enough to start it? To share it? What is it about this world, its characters, its stories, that makes you smile?

Above all, I say take life one day at a time. You're all messed up right now but life will smooth out a bit. Sooner or later, you'll get out from under this storm and see blue skies again. The white clouds. The sun. Heck, maybe even a rainbow or two! =)

Your dad was clearly one heck of a guy. You are one heck of a guy! I bet your dad wanted you to be happy. Amaranth helps make that happen, right? Maybe continue the Recapitulation for another paragraph or five? Tell a bit more about the Shadow World or Asgard in general or whatever comes to mind?

Whatever you choose, I recommend not rushing a thing. Take it easy. Day by day. Hour by hour. You will adjust to life without him and help the others in your life do the same. You've got RP Nation. You've got Amaranth. You've got buddies here too! So keep your chin up, Wolf! =)

Here's a big hug so you'll remember all this:
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

I am really sorry to hear that, Wolf. You have my sympathy and compassion. Please take care of yourself and remember that you are not alone. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Life happens and it is okay to take a break. I really appreciate the fact that you are able to wait for me, and I am willing to do the same. Feel free to take as much time as you need, okay? I wish you the best.

Oh no, I'm so sorry, Wolf! It's never easy to lose someone you love, and I can imagine how hard it must be to type it out to us. We're here for you, whenever you're ready, whether that's now or in a few days, or whenever. 🫂

I got a heart from the Wolf! Heyas Wolf! Good to see you online again. ^33^

Terribly sorry, everyone. I feel very bad about it but I've not been able to get back to Amaranth like I thought I would by now :( *whine*
With the holiday season upon us, I doubt there's any sense trying to rush out an update that no one will have the time to reply to anyway, so allow me to pledge a resuming of our course sometime in the first half of January. I hope to see you all there, but I will also understand if it's been too long - sorry to disappoint you. May 2023 be more favorable to us all and may it restore some of Amaranth's old glory *woof*

All the best and see you on the other side,

Wolf

wolf-howling-and-moon-rising-footage-136517041_iconl.jpeg

Hey! Look who it is! Hooraaay! Wolf is back! Have fun, everyone! 8D

Dog Celebrate GIF

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Hey, Wolf! It's great to hear from you! January will be fine. I'll still be here. ^33^ Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy all other holidays you celebrate this winter!

Yooooo! Good to see you back! As always, I'm always fine with the wait. In the meanwhile, have a good restful Christmas plus New Years, especially after all the craziness that has gone on in this past year @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back