• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

It's funny to me that Asher and Maggie have similar ideas. They're ordinarily very different!

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Ah, if Violet decides to gives the thumbs up, you can take control of Carn. Though, if you do, Carn'll do a few "slow strikes" without hitting the mound to help visualize where the sword is gonna go.

Sorry for not posting last night - also can't today, I have very little time left as the filming project takes up the whole day basically, and on top of everything we are preparing for the whole unit to move to a different city and region on Sunday... I will try to post tomorrow! *woof*

Thanks guys. I finally managed to post, and now that we've settled at the new location I should be able to organize a little time every day for posting. Though for the next four days we're doing night shots so... Heh. Still, could be worse. Could be about to get killed by a dragon XD

That reminds me. So, just to make sure we're all on the same page, I tried to make a few drawings. Very crude, but I only have a borrowed laptop and no access to my usual image editing software so bear with me.

Andei Andei , the dragonhunters have already crossed the halfway point of the bridge. So they are now dispersed between the middle and the far end (now the near end). In placing himself between the dragon and everyone else, Ingvar would have actually put himself right in the middle, more or less. From your post it doesn't sound like you realize this, but that's what it would mean.

2021_05_17_13x_Kleki.png

So there's the bridge and the chasm, the surroundings mountain tops. The black smudge to the far left is the tunnel you need to go through (the arrow pointing the way that you've been going so far). Green/Blue dots are the NPCs/PCs. The disproportionate floating red cat head stands for the dragon (kill me pls). It's swooped down once already, then it repositioned back to the far side from you, now it's coming for you a second time. Possibly the worst piece of graphic I have ever made for this game.

Actually, no, scratch that. This one's taking the crown:

2021_05_18_009_Kleki.png

The scene for you guys is probably pretty clear, but just in case. So it's a high wall of rock, the avalanche fell down from the peak above and kind of piled up like that. The black thingy in the middle is the presumed tunnel/passage entrance, but it's hidden behind all the snow (cyan snow... I know...). It could be an 8 foot tall tunnel, or it could be a 20 foot tall, ten feet wide passage. Depending on its size, you can't even be sure where exactly it should be, since the tracks you followed can't help you enough to pinpoint the exact spot. Carn could be digging 10 feet too far to the left, no way to know. You could try and climb the pileup and down through/down to enter the top of the passage, but if it's too small or in the wrong place, again you have the same problem.

Yes that's Carn shoveling in the middle.

*woof*

Ahahaha, I greatly underestimated how big the snow pile was xD
Note that nothing here is to scale, but yes it's probably more than you imagined. You guys do have some idea where to dig, but only in the sense of "hmm, well let's try the middle of the path", though there isn't a proper path anymore. But if there is a tunnel it's not likely to be in a corner somewhere, and if the snow is obscuring it then it has to be near the middle or Asher would have possibly perceived some hint of it as he examined the sides of the pileup.

I'm assuming here that Carn is trying to see how far he could reasonably get, but that he's not committing to the effort 100% - in other words that you're not looking to spent too much of your energy/arcana doing this, for now at least. So far he's making a little progress but it's obvious that this is not the most effective way to go about it. He could use some help, perhaps, or you could look for another path altogether (though it doesn't look like there is one, unless you wanna backtrack and explore a different route - but that would mean not following the hunters' tracks.

Thanks guys. I finally managed to post, and now that we've settled at the new location I should be able to organize a little time every day for posting. Though for the next four days we're doing night shots so... Heh. Still, could be worse. Could be about to get killed by a dragon XD

That reminds me. So, just to make sure we're all on the same page, I tried to make a few drawings. Very crude, but I only have a borrowed laptop and no access to my usual image editing software so bear with me.

Andei Andei , the dragonhunters have already crossed the halfway point of the bridge. So they are now dispersed between the middle and the far end (now the near end). In placing himself between the dragon and everyone else, Ingvar would have actually put himself right in the middle, more or less. From your post it doesn't sound like you realize this, but that's what it would mean.

View attachment 883434

So there's the bridge and the chasm, the surroundings mountain tops. The black smudge to the far left is the tunnel you need to go through (the arrow pointing the way that you've been going so far). Green/Blue dots are the NPCs/PCs. The disproportionate floating red cat head stands for the dragon (kill me pls). It's swooped down once already, then it repositioned back to the far side from you, now it's coming for you a second time. Possibly the worst piece of graphic I have ever made for this game.

Is it possible to maintain the shield while moving - say, while Ingvar retreats back up the bridge towards the tunnel entrance? And how imminent is the dragon's attack (I only have time to make a few steps before it's upon us or it's far enough that Ingvar would reckon they've got a good chance of making it to the tunnel)? Or is it information that would be more fun for you to withhold so as to see what fun thing I would do in response haha

Actually, no, scratch that. This one's taking the crown:

View attachment 883435

The scene for you guys is probably pretty clear, but just in case. So it's a high wall of rock, the avalanche fell down from the peak above and kind of piled up like that. The black thingy in the middle is the presumed tunnel/passage entrance, but it's hidden behind all the snow (cyan snow... I know...). It could be an 8 foot tall tunnel, or it could be a 20 foot tall, ten feet wide passage. Depending on its size, you can't even be sure where exactly it should be, since the tracks you followed can't help you enough to pinpoint the exact spot. Carn could be digging 10 feet too far to the left, no way to know. You could try and climb the pileup and down through/down to enter the top of the passage, but if it's too small or in the wrong place, again you have the same problem.

Yes that's Carn shoveling in the middle.

*woof*

It's... it's just so beautiful 😭 I can feel in this work the raw emotion and deep sense of futility one can't help but have in the face of the awesome power of nature

He he *woof*

Sure, you could maintain a Great Divine Shield while moving. It hadn't occurred to me yet for some reason, but there's nothing saying it wouldn't work. It might not be practical sometimes, since it does require focus and continually drains one's energy. I suppose the typical situation calls for a "fixed", shield-type protection.

Ingvar would know from experience that it wouldn't work here. The dragon has just turned around near the other end of the bridge and is starting its flyover back across. It is almost certainly planning to low-fly the length of the bridge while breathing fire down below. Ingvar wouldn't be able to run the distance to keep up the pace with the attack - at some point he would get overtaken by the dragon, and only those immediately near him would be safe under the shield. Those before and after would not. Consider also that the flames linger briefly before dissipating. You'd need a few Ingvars even if everyone was grouped tightly together; several in case everyone was scattered like right now.

No. As Rains is trying to convey to his men, and as Ingvar himself doubtless has learned by now, often times the best defense is offense. It would be far more preferable to prevent this attack than to have to endure it, or recover from it.

Sure, you could maintain a Great Divine Shield while moving. It hadn't occurred to me yet for some reason, but there's nothing saying it wouldn't work. It might not be practical sometimes, since it does require focus and continually drains one's energy. I suppose the typical situation calls for a "fixed", shield-type protection.
*takes notes*

Apologies, friends. We got Mass Effect Legendary last Friday and I got so swept away in replaying the first one that I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd logged into the site. (I was still around on Discord, but that's not anywhere near the same as far as roleplays are concerned.) I'm sorry I went silent on you! It was unintentional and I'll try not to do it again when I launch into the second one (hopefully not quite so headlong).

That's understandable Maggie. I've been through the trilogy twice before, so I get you :) *woof*

Sorry for the delays as well, had to wait for the free weekend to post. Kaerri Kaerri I hope it's ok to assume that Maggie calls Dina over, just saves us a post/day.

Now you guys need to decide what you want to do. Both routes are viable. One will take a significant amount of effort but you know what's ahead - the other is supposed to be easier but uncertain at the same time.

That's fine ^33^ Maggie would indeed call Dina's attention to the first sign of green life.

If Carn asks how Dina got the information, would it be safe to assume that Violet would explain to Carn? So I would write something like "Carn asked how, but after a quick explaination from Violet, he tilted his head in confusion" and continue the post from there.

It's all good *woof*

Try and make it clear what order you guys are going to go down the tunnel. Laurolf wants to lead, and Violet will probably stick right in front of Dina. How are the rest of you proceeding?

And a little tag for Andei Andei and Rekai Leon Rekai Leon , hope you guys can post soon :)

Carn definitely would have a say on how to proceed, given that he's nearly twice heavier than everyone else xD

Hm. Sorry if I rushed too fast, I was just trying to save us some time since it's taking longer than it should on average right now, to progress... If you had something in mind write it, don't let me (or Laurolf) stop you.

It's cool, though just a heads up, the post probably won't come later today since I got a major project due today xD

Edit: Will be doing a post 6/7/2021 when I wake up

Last edited:
Maggie can go after Dina, since Carn wants to go last (and makes a good point about it). ^3^

Sorry for the delay everyone, we'll be moving on shortly, to more interesting bits (finally) *woof*

I am still hoping to hear from Andei Andei and Rekai Leon Rekai Leon , mostly but not only because I need to know how their encounter went. If I have to, I will make certain assumptions, however. Hope you are both alright!

Really sorry everyone, can promise a post by the end of the week. Things have (as you may have guessed) had a bit of a downward turn irl so am chipping away at a reply as much as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back