• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Okay, I'm sorry, but it is time for me to go; I simply must move on. Thanks, Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr for over 5 years of fun, creativity, and good times! Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon , Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait , Andei Andei , Rekai Leon Rekai Leon - I wish you all the best!

(I give no one permission to play Auri. He is my original creation based off my Muppet-based, wizardly, and martial art imaginings. I made him; he is mine.)

The easiest way I think for him to leave this game is for me to say Auri just gave Maggie, Carn, Asher, Laurolf, and Meric open invitations to visit him in Alicante whenever they were next in town. With that, Auri will travel back down the mountain, visit Master Horn the Healer and deliver his collected plants and herbs, and then continued on back to Alicante or wherever seems safest to go. But that's just an idea to offer. Do whatever makes the game fun!

As I write this, for reasons beyond my own understanding, this song keeps popping in my head (the Reprise version especially):

I think it's just a happy, silly way to move on gracefully? I certainly don't wish the destruction of Asgard (see the movie for details)!
"So Long and Thanks For All the Fish" by Neil Hannon for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Original Motion Picture

Partial lyrics
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long and thanks
For all the fish

Stay safe and take care, everyone! See you around, perhaps in other games! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sorry to see you go - especially before our two old coots had a chance to get together to share a drink over a fire :'(

If you and Auri ever decide to visit, Carn and I will gladly welcome both of you. In the meanwhile, may your future RPs be filled with good times. 🙇‍♂️

Oh, dear. I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for roleplaying with us. I wish you the best and I hope that I would be able to have fun with you in other roleplays. I hope that you didn’t leave because it‘s taking us so long to reply, as I am starting to feel guilty right now :(

Put your minds and hearts at ease - you all have done nothing but make Amaranth brighter. I won't go into details; just know It was not you or anything you did or did not do. Thanks for the well wishes! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Well that was... sudden :( I mean, I realize that this probably makes a lot of sense from Auri's perspective, and that he quite possibly would have left the party after this mission/chapter, but it's still somehow sudden. Oh well. I'm sorry to hear that, Dann, but if you really don't feel like continuing, then it is what it is. I know you well enough to know that this wasn't a decision you made lightly. So I won't press or try and get you to stay *whine*

I understand the special note about not wanting anyone to play your character, especially given Amaranth's tradition of converting abandoned PCs into NPCs (something that still puzzles you I bet :P). However, there is no need for concern! This is something I've typically done with characters of players who disappeared without a word and/or were somehow too important for the story to be simply dismissed on the spot, in which case I continued playing them until a more convenient exit could be found (or at times indefinitely).

Auri only just joined the Chosen, so he won't be missed a much as you will as a player - but more importantly you didn't just disappear and you've provided a lore-friendly explanation for what happened with your character. That's all I ever really wanted - for the story to hold. It would have been nice, perhaps, to have Auri's departure happen in-character, but I suppose we can just as easily respond to it as if it did. For reasons that are I think obvious to all, Auri has decided against traveling with the Chosen and has instead retired back to his post in Alicante - whether or not he stayed there, or went back to traveling, or what else happened shall have to remain unknown.

I hope it goes without saying that you are more than welcome to return to playing Auri, should you change your mind later on, or even to create a new character. I guess it's unlikely with the game being on the brink of its late stages, but you should know that the invitation doesn't expire :) *woof*

May we RP again in some other project! *howl*

Oh well. I'm sorry to hear that, Dann, but if you really don't feel like continuing, then it is what it is. I know you well enough to know that this wasn't a decision you made lightly. So I won't press or try and get you to stay *whine*

I appreciate that a great deal. I feel you tried your best to see things from my perspective and I remain grateful for that, too.
I understand the special note about not wanting anyone to play your character, especially given Amaranth's tradition of converting abandoned PCs into NPCs (something that still puzzles you I bet :P). However, there is no need for concern!

I placed that note in there as a general statement as I would have in any game where PCs might become NPCs. In other words, I am not worried about you, good Wolf - I put that up there because I felt it was my duty as a PC to make it clear and to do otherwise was... lazy or just plain not right of me to do.

While I have never taken on converting PCs into NPCs, I have since chalked it up to, "That is some GMs' preference and if it works for them and keeps their game going, good on them!" May there never be only one method of roleplaying, but many!

I hope it goes without saying that you are more than welcome to return to playing Auri, should you change your mind later on, or even to create a new character. I guess it's unlikely with the game being on the brink of its late stages, but you should know that the invitation doesn't expire :) *woof*

May we RP again in some other project! *howl*

Thank you! You too, Wolf! Going back to our many years of Conversation talks for a moment here, I hope you get to complete Amaranth - your labor of love of many years and a very worthy labor at that! See you around! *throws a big, fresh, juicy steak your way becoz Wolfs rilly like beeeg joocy steaks!* Hee hee! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sorry for my silence, I just am not up to posting, especially when it feels (to me -- I am not blaming anyone!) like we're just filling time while we wait for the others to catch up to our point in time. Particularly when the time is being filled with the kind of angsty argumentative inter-group conflict that I do not find at all enjoyable.

If I come up with something for Maggie to do, I'll try to write it up, but the last couple posts I've pushed out were draining, and I'd rather not force another one.

Kaerri Kaerri Ohh :( Yeah, that sounds tough - many apologies for my contribution to a slow-moving situation (with full acknowledgement that no-one is blaming anyone and I certainly don’t feel got at or unduly pressured on account of the current pace)! I totally sympathise with the difficulty of writing into the tough atmosphere the main party is currently stuck in and can only reassure you that I’m still hyped for the Chosen to come together and remain committed to making that happen (then we can go after Ilhirel and save Asgard, but baby steps).

If it’s any consolation I think what you’ve been writing for Maggie has been absolutely cracking, especially in this situation, and it’s been a real motivation for me to write as well as I look forward to conversations between two very different priests of the same faith. So thank you!

EDIT: Hope none of that came across as condescending or anything like that, that was very much not my intention - I wish I was better at communicating things like this via text *nervous laughter*

Well, it's true that we've essentially been waiting for Andei and Rekai, but I've also hoped that the rest of you would welcome a chance for some social interaction in between the council infodump and the upcoming action. I myself had no idea how exactly it would look or what it would entail and I sort of just let things happen naturally, but I am sorry if some of you don't find this latest development interesting (or well, fun... hopefully it's at least interesting). I hope you'll at least take my word that what happened wasn't just for the sake of something happening, and that things aren't as bad as they seem, and that there are indeed more revelations to uncover *woof*

You don't need to post anything else - I had a reply for Dina but since Carn's moved off I think it's probably best to just leave it at that for now. I'll see about giving you guys something else to do since it might take a couple more posts until Andei and Rekai are done, and at the current pace that might mean a couple weeks lol *whine*

I thought everyone would be together by now, but as usual I miscalculated :/ Apologies for not having posted yet, I've been brainstorming about how to resolve the dragonhunter scene faster, even if it means cutting it a little short. I wanted to have something up by today or tomorrow, but between work and stuff I'm feeling so tired and drained and I don't want to just dish out a half-written reply for the sake of it. I'll get it done when I can and thank you for your patience <3

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town for a couple of days, but really I don't have an excuse this time :/ *whine*

We still essentially need the dragonhunter scene to finish before we can really move on, but I deliberately haven't thrown anything big at the Chosen in the meantime because I'm pretty sure that then it would be the other way around. As it is, I am confident that Andei and Rekai won't need more than a few posts before we can call it done.

Was also hoping that Jack would post something, as he said that he was considering *woof*

First of all, apologies to everyone for the delay. I was waiting in hopes that Andei and Rekai would post, but then I learned that they are having some difficulties that are keeping them from being active here. So even if I were to cut their scene short, we'd just be in the same situation since everyone's supposed to join together in the upcoming part. So that puts us in the awkward position where we need to keep moving since most of you are just waiting and getting bored now, but at the same time we can't move on without two of our players...

For the time being I replied to Parrot's post (really sorry you had to wait this long). I wanted to include some kind of hook to give the rest of you real cause to reply, but the day dragged on and I simply failed to think of it in time. Now it's too late, so I went ahead and posted just a shorter version of my post. I didn't want to make things too complicated out of fear that then Andei and Rekai will end up waiting on you guys, but I don't think there's a choice. I'm going to have to rethink what's happening carefully and kind of move things along regardless of who's ready or not *whine*

Sorry once again and thanks for your patience.

Understandable, Rekai. Sometimes there's just nothing that can be done but hope for the best. In the meantime I can't keep the others waiting (more than I already have), so I'll just make up something for them to play with and hope that by the time they've finished, you and Andei will be able to join. Because as I already explained, once we unite the two groups it will become a lot more inconvenient if a couple people can't post at all, given that then we will truly need to either continue without them or stop completely :/

I've managed to actually come up with some decent ideas on what happens next, so there should be no further delays from me ^^ Just waiting on Parrot and potentially Kaerri or Jack - though if you've nothing to reply with that's perfectly fine, you definitely will after my next post xo xo *rrrrr*

I should have said something earlier, but my computer has been in the shop these past few days (when I was planning to write, of course). I hope to have it back tomorrow or the next day and then I can post. (I have much respect for those who can write their IC posts on mobile devices, but I'm not comfortable with it. Lack of keyboard is hard on my creative process.)

Heya! Irl crises remain unresolved BUT I have some time off so I can take my mind off them for a bit and do some writing so you can expect a post soon!

I feel your pain, Kaerri. There have been times when I couldn't use my computer, and I hated using the phone even just for the OOC, let alone for actual posting. Though I've done it once or twice... Ugh. Will give you and Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon a chance to respond before moving off (and yes, we are finally moving off!!!)

Looking forward to finally hearing from you, Andei (and Rekai!). I really hope that stuff settles down for you... If you need help with Ingvar's response do not hesitate to reach out to me via PM *woof*

Sorry for not posting sooner, all. I was about to when I had to go on a trip to work on a filming project in another city, and while it's nice to have something more interesting to do again, it does consume practically my whole day. I brought my laptop so I could post before I go to sleep, but was only able to do so tonight, and even so with the last of my strength *woof*

What shall the Chosen do now?

Hope you are all doing ok, and since it's been a while I won't feel guilty pinging Andei Andei and Rekai Leon Rekai Leon again. A bit sad that you guys couldn't post at all yet :c Hope you didn't forget altogether! We need you *woof*

Post was long overdue, my apologies. As difficult as things are, I couldn't in good conscience let another week go by without a response and I'm glad I didn't!

I meant to post today, but I got frustrated at a lot of things unrelated to Amaranth and haven't yet regained my creativity, though I've at least managed to get into a better mood. I'll try to get one up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back