• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Okay, I'll wait for Wolf's opinion as well. Ah, it would also be in character for him to stay put as well. I'd like to say more on this, but I'll probably end up spending 20 minutes writing this response if I did xD

If it helps you think it out, I'll listen and help as I can. You're a good player, Parrot, and I like RPing with you. =)

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, and as such, I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm thinking about having Carn go after Dina to talk with her. I don't know, but I get the feeling he would do that. However, that would mean more posts and a longer time before meeting up with Andei's and Rekai's characters. That's why I want to ask you guys since this might impact the waiting time.

I agree with Dann - if you feel that’s what your character would do and Wolf is cool with it, then go for it :)

If your conversation delays Wolf from bringing that dragon down from the skies before Ingvar gets his dwarven butt across that bridge, then so much the better.

... In fact, please do. Save dwarven lives today.

You're being very considerate, Parrot, and thank you for that. There are times when I ask players to do X or not do Y for the sake of either IC or OOC reasons, but I generally dislike doing that. Even if it does make things more convenient sometimes to have people play along, I always put the story first and so prefer that characters remain true to themselves.

I'm actually surprised to hear that Carn would go after Dina, given their interactions so far, but if you say he does, then he does. Violet was actually about to go after her, which would make sense, but I hadn't yet posted that because I felt like Kaerri might have something to post. Feel free to have Carn follow Dina if you wish.

It's true that I was hoping to wrap up the scene in preparation for the meeting between the two groups, but since the dragonhunters' scene is taking longer than expected I think it's great if the Chosen find something to pass the time *woof*

I see. Great, great. However, you could have ended your post with what Carn says upon catching up with Dina. Or is he intentionally just walking up to her and waiting for her reaction first?

Kaerri Kaerri do you have something to post in the meantime, between Maggie, Auri, Violet (and even Asher)? Or shall I assume that the rest of the party is starting slowly after Dina and Carn? I doubt anyone wants to take a break in the former dragonhunters' camp *woof*

Maggie's content to move along. I'll have a post to that effect sooner or later, but don't wait for me.

Many apologies, will get a post out to you early next week - work has me locked down until Sunday :(

But I am keeping up with the thread and am really enjoying reading the interaction with Dina and the rest of the party!

So, did Asher successfully swipe a crystal or not? Did I miss something?
He did. Sorry, I acted as if it was understood since I didn't reply with anything that would counter that, but perhaps I also forgot a little. I did make note of it when it happened, just failed to confirm it. Sorry.

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait , thanks for reminding me that Laurolf is, in fact, with you guys. I was literally about to go correct you when you mentioned him, to tell you that he's away with another group and to ask you what made you think that he's here. And then I realized. Wait... And did some digging and discovered that the last time I mentioned him was back in Haven... He mysteriously disappears just before you get to the healer's house... Oh ffs XD

I suppose he's been uncharacteristically quiet for a while now. Probably meditating on the go or something. Yeah, that's it. Meditating on the go... *woof*

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow or Thursday. I know it's been a while and I'm sorry for that, but I really don't know what to do with this situation.

That makes two of us. I'm at a solid wall here and I don't know which way to turn (part of this is my ADHD acting up today and last night - it hasn't stopped what it does yet and I'm a bit scrabble-brained as a result).

The thing is, I was moving towards closing the scene in preparation for merging the two groups together - but Andei and Rekai are taking their time posting (for valid reasons I expect, but nonetheless). Since I don't know what happened to the dragonhunters yet, I can't well have the Chosen catch up with them, or even let them reach the point on the mountain where the dragonhunters are right now.

So whatever you guys want to do until we can move along is probably fine. I do get the feeling like you're also done with the social interactions (a shame that Asher seems to be uninterested in partaking, when I know for a fact that he does have things to say, if he wished), so i suppose I'll have to improvise some distraction to keep us occupied until Andei and Rekai catch up *woof*

So whatever you guys want to do until we can move along is probably fine.

That's just it, Wolf. I don't have any idea what to do next. As confirmed by the last post, Dina isn't changing. I can't get Auri to change (he really is fed up with this). I'm losing my motivation to continue here. Again, I'm at a solid wall here and I don't know where to turn or if to keep going. And I can't just ignore their differences and pretend.

Recommendations, please?

Wow. Alright, first thing - I thought we were in character, but it sounds like you are experiencing both IC and OOC feelings mixed together? I'm not personally upset by anything that's happened between my characters/NPCs and the player characters, and I hope that you aren't either (though you sound irritated).

Second, you state "Dina isn't changing" as if delivering the conclusion to some extended, convoluted plan that failed to yield expected results - yet that's not the case, is it? Whatever issues lie between Dina and Auri are the product of literally 2-3 posts, mere minutes in game time. Can you really expect anyone to change in that amount of time? Or be honestly sure to have accurately assessed someone's entire character in said time, or be able to tell whether or not, or in what way, a change has taken place? It seems to me that you are taking things too seriously and too fast for what's happening at the moment.

I'm honestly quite surprised to hear someone of your experience get demotivated so fast and possibly feel like giving up. Should we re-examine what happened to make sure that we are on the same page? I can understand and find ups and downs for both parties involved. Besides, you don't need to do anything at the moment. Or pretend. Perhaps I'm not seeing what you are, but I don't see that anything has happened that would make it impossible for either you or Auri to continue.

I can understand if as a player you are disliking a twist or turn in the story, but that's all it remains, in the end. A story. Is the whole story for naught over this? Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions?

I don't have any idea what to do next.
There's nothing to be done, really. What I was saying in my previous post is exactly that I should probably find something for you guys to do, since I can't well move the story along until Andei and Rekai are ready :/

Wow. Alright, first thing - I thought we were in character, but it sounds like you are experiencing both IC and OOC feelings mixed together? I'm not personally upset by anything that's happened between my characters/NPCs and the player characters, and I hope that you aren't either (though you sound irritated).

No. No mixing of the two. Auri the Character is irritated and confused by Dina's actions since we left Alicante and they have come to a head here in the mountains with Dina and Violet's behavior. I the Player am not irritated; I am very confused as to what to do about it. Does that make sense?

Second, you state "Dina isn't changing" as if delivering the conclusion to some extended, convoluted plan that failed to yield expected results - yet that's not the case, is it? Whatever issues lie between Dina and Auri are the product of literally 2-3 posts, mere minutes in game time.

Uh, again no. That's... not the case from this side of the computer. Auri is an old creature, not one prone to quick decisions. He has been watching everyone for some time and with care. This has been going on since the Chosen escaped Alicante and is just now reaching a kind of apex. So... several months (maybe even a year?) of role-playing here.

Perhaps I'm not seeing what you are, but I don't see that anything has happened that would make it impossible for either you or Auri to continue.

Maybe read the in-game posts again? The friction is there and (I thought) well-explained. I'd rather not write that all over again here.

I can understand if as a player you are disliking a twist or turn in the story, but that's all it remains, in the end. A story. Is the whole story for naught over this? Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions?

Can I get a little bit of benefit of the doubt here? How long have we been roleplaying together? =)

Look, it's not the story and it certainly isn't a snap judgment. It's the way Dina has been treating people since she left the Sorceress's side including new folks like Carn. It's how she threatened someone with her own powers, someone (Auri) who was genuinely concerned for her safety. It's also Violet who has also threatened similar action all the while demanding trust.

Please take a look back on Dina's own words and actions toward the people who are here to help her?

Perhaps from a Storyteller's perspective, this all makes sense? Our Characters' duty is to defend and help Dina regardless of how she treats our Characters and the friends of our Characters?

Speaking only for myself, Auri is feeling purposeless here. He came to assist Maggie assist Dina. Dina (from Auri's perspective) is dismissive, disrespecting, and altogether closed to outside opinions (even Carn's). At this stage, it seems even Violet can't (or won't) get through. So... we're here to help Dina, but when Auri tries, he is left in this uncomfortable position of following at the cost of his own dignity? I mean, would you follow somebody (royalty or otherwise) who threatened (say, with a gun) all you were doing was were trying to help them out of care? What about their bodyguard when they also threaten you? Are you seeing what I mean here?

If this all sounds like an over-reaction on my part, well, I don't know what to tell you. Nor am I telling anyone else what to do or feel - I just don't know how to continue playing Auri here. He wants to turn around back to Alicante because of all this. I also think it's unfair that I ask you to change Dina; you're the Storyteller and you have every right to have fun here. This latest post with Dina shows that she's only listening to herself. Not even Carn can get in. Hence my feeling as a player that I'm at a "solid wall" if you will.

That's why I'm reaching out to you. For solutions. Know what I mean, Wolf?

Sorry, I didn't mean to create a misunderstanding. I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, I do understand Auri's (and Maggie's, and Carn's) issue, but I don't think it's something that can be fixed out of character. It seemed to me like an overreaction, but I suppose that's because I'm seeing this from a different angle and the perspective of characters who have been traveling with Dina and known her for a longer time. Auri and Carn basically spoke with her once or twice, and even Maggie who has joined the party at Dunn couldn't interact much with her given how the Chosen split up back there. This is the reason why Violet (or even Laurolf, not to speak for any of the absent characters) are more prepared to give Dina the benefit of the doubt, for example in not automatically assuming that she truly meant the threat she made - whereas, understandably, Auri would choose to believe it.

So we have a bit of a rift I suppose, with Dina being on one side and Auri, Maggie and Carn on the other, with certain other characters, like Violet, finding themselves in the middle. Violet certainly doesn't condone any of the bad behavior on Dina's part (perhaps I failed to make that clear), but at the same time she's known her for long enough to trust that her intentions are good and so she won't outright side against her. She doesn't see Dina as a negative figure in this situation, but rather a friend who needs help because she may not be wholly herself. As he's only just met her, Auri would understandably not go to the same lengths to help or understand Dina. That's fine and normal.

As for no one being able to "get in" and get Dina to listen or whatever you meant, well... It simply may not be the type of situation, and Dina may not be the type of person, where everything can be immediately solved on the spot. I can see how it would make Auri uncomfortable to continue like this, which is probably the reason why he and Carn have tried to hard to clear this up, but if it can't be done, I don't see what else you can do except carry on and hope that the problem is solved later or at least that it doesn't escalate further.

I'm not sure what would qualify as a solution to you guys anyway. Even if Dina apologized and everyone said it was ok and you continued on your way, would it really be so? And if nothing like that can be achieved right now, what's keeping the group from figuring this out later and continuing anyway? Will some of you turn around and go back down the mountain, abandoning the mission?

This really is an in-character discussion. I'm not sure what I can say or do OOC, except what I've just said. It may be that you'll have to give this some time, and find a way to deal with it according to what happens. I'll try to reply to Parrot's (and Kaerri's) post later, I don't have as much free time lately :/ *whine*

So sorry for the delayed post! It's been getting crazier than ever (on account of the same situation as before) it's been hard to put aside any time when I'm not totally shattered.

As I was writing, I realised the post didn't actually need to be as big as I thought because I ought to stop before Ingvar actually crosses the bridge in case Wolf decides to collapse it (but why would you do that Wolf ;) ) but then I kinda got into it and it got long-ish anyway. Anyway, sorry about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back