• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

If I may ask, can I change the last part of my post? I feel that Carn's actions were a bit exaggerated and the fact that I wrote it as such has been bugging me since Tuesday 😅

I know that feeling! I have written posts that have downright nagged me for my missing of some crucial element that would change the post. When I'm running the game, it's easy enough to change, but when I'm a player? I find myself asking the Storyteller just as you are, Parrot. Me: *Shouts crazily* "Hey Mista Storytella! Kin I change me post, pleeeze?!" Ha ha!

Last edited:
Chances are that I won't mind. Just use common sense *woof*

For example, it's perfectly fine to do so regardless of whether it's been hours or days, if no one else yet posted anyway. However, as Kaerri once pointed out, it's probably a good idea to leave a note in the OOC, since people might have tabs open for posting and they just haven't gotten around to it - and they might be relying on your old, not-updated post.

If people already replied, well... It really depends how heavily their replies rely on what you've already said. Retouching a post to sound/feel better is probably ok (might wanna leave a note anyway), but if you're gonna change crucial things that will inevitably force others to go back and edit their own posts... I'm not sure. Overall, case by case basis I'm afraid. But yeah, probably fine as long as it hasn't been more than a few replies and if you leave a note explaining the change. I don't expect issues to arise as long as it's handled that way *woof*

Ah, that's good to know. Also, the way I wanted to edit my post matches really well with your post. I'll be making the changes right now :'D

Made the changes. I replaced the last part of the post where Carn shouts at Dina. A small thing, but I'm glad to have taken it out : 3

Yeah, I've been working on it incrementally over the last few days, but hard to squeeze in those spare minutes! I mean, if you're going to drop a freaking dragon on us Ingvar needs to sort out his emotions

He turned to look at the priestess before asking, “Maggie, do you have any miracles that can get rid of these crystals?” Carn stole a mistrustful look at Dina before looking back at Maggie. “We don’t know if those things can still revive or spread somehow.”

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr
Given that Maggie knows almost nothing about these crystals (live or inert), does she have any ideas about how to adapt what she knows? Or is the part where I inspect her character sheet and get creative?

Ah, I'm aware that Maggie doesn't know much about the crystals, but I went with a "let's try this and see if it works." In character, Carn doesn't know what to do with the crystals other than to see if they can completely irradicate the crystals with a Miracle. Out of character, I was thinking that Maggie could use the purify miracle. Though, if that request is a bit too much, I can edit the post, or we can have someone suggest that Maggie save her miracles in case something happens.

Oh no, that was meant for Wolf, I just quoted yours for context. Maggie would be happy to do something about them if she can think of something to do ^D^

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr
Given that Maggie knows almost nothing about these crystals (live or inert), does she have any ideas about how to adapt what she knows? Or is the part where I inspect her character sheet and get creative?
I don't see how Maggie would find an application for any of the Miracles that she knows in this situation (or really, even for any Miracles that she's heard of). That doesn't mean you can't get creative if you want to. It's thoughtful that you wouldn't want to leave these potentially dangerous objects just lying around, but they do seem not to be "active" anymore, and Dina who has had some experience with them seems to believe so.

Still, whether or not she is correct, your options here are limited. I suppose you could throw the crystals off the cliff if you wished to risk handling them, or attempt to destroy them via more conventional means (both choices would involve gathering them in the first place ). Your characters might remember that, as the healer told you back in his house, the Silverthorn company was accompanied by a priest (and a dwarf at that) - yet he hasn't used a Miracle to dispose of them.

I encourage you to brainstorm this in-character. It's always nicer to see ^^ *woof*

edit: on second thought, I suppose you could consider the application of destructive Miracles here, I didn't think of it at first because to me this falls under "conventional" solutions

Quick as a fox, Dina knelt down once again and grabbed a sample of the controversial substance.

Auri did not mind at all that little Dina was trying to satisfy her curiosity by examining these Taint crystals - he had been young once too and she was but seventeen or eighteen years old; a hatchling by Drakkar standards - but if she made one move towards touching these crystals, Auri was ready to calmly pluck her up off the snow by her waist and while she dangled, ask her if she valued the wisdom of elves, of course, referring to Violet's warning. If she instead made no such move, then neither did Auri.

Quite literally my most-recent post.

Sigh.

I didn't ignore your post, Dann. I took it into account but decided that, since Dina initially made no attempt to do anything of the sort, and given how the conversation continued and a least a minute or so went by in discussion, it would be plausible that everyone stopped expecting anything abrupt to happen and that Dina's sudden action wouldn't be interrupted after all (versus if she'd tried this immediately after you stated that Auri was on the lookout for it, it would have surely failed). Are you saying that throughout all of this going on, Auri kept his attention solely on Dina and was still expecting to have to interrupt an action from her?

I didn't find it likely, but I can reconsider and rewrite my post?

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, and as such, I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm thinking about having Carn go after Dina to talk with her. I don't know, but I get the feeling he would do that. However, that would mean more posts and a longer time before meeting up with Andei's and Rekai's characters. That's why I want to ask you guys since this might impact the waiting time.

You be you, Carn be Carn. I say you RP as your character desires within the limits Wolf is comfortable with. In other words, if it's cool with him, it's cool with me. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back