• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

I have just realized that there are 2 column 16s in our battle map 😂. Also, could you please not delete the images of the previous turns?
Yikes. There are indeed two columns numbered 16... Heh. Dunno how I missed that, but it will be fixed for next time *woof*

And that's a good point about previous turns' maps. Sorry. In the future I will leave them accessible at least for the duration of the scene, if not longer.

Replies tomorrow! ^^

Posted.

We are now out of combat time (Andei and Rekai), though the scene isn't over. There's a thing or two to be done still, and I'm hoping that Andei will be able to join us soon. If not, there are more opportunities just behind the corner *woof*

As far as the others are concerned, we will be moving on shortly. Kaerri has yet to post, and I've bumped our friendly assassin Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon as well, if he's up for it.

Dannigan Dannigan Kaerri Kaerri Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Rekai Leon Rekai Leon Andei Andei

So... I should take this opportunity to wish everyone all the best for the holidays, as well as to thank you for either sticking with the game this long or for joining us, respectively :) Here's hoping for a better, brighter year ahead! I will continue updating the game normally if anyone decides to post in the meantime, we're not officially on hold or anything. But I obviously won't send out posting reminders - at least not for another week or two :P

I am glad that we managed to get through a big chunk of Chapter VII, perhaps even halfway (depends on what happens of course..). There's plenty of action in store for us, it's not titled "revelations" for nothing! Not that there haven't been plenty of revelations thus far... We'll be utilizing more W.A.R.S. and as we go I'll refine the combat procedures and fill out what's missing, and we'll just take it from there I guess. That reminds me - I should set about polishing the character sheets/inventories and filling out the missing sorceries and such for various characters.

That's it for now, see you next year I guess *howl*

Happy Holidays, Wolf and everyone else! Prep, celebrations, and recovery have eaten up most of my time this week but I hope to be back on schedule soon. ^;3^

Happy holidays as well!

Been busy for the past couple of weeks, but things are finally settling down for me (still on borrowed Internet though). Sorry for being even less active than usual.

Seems like Asher was directly called out in the meantime. Yikes.

Happy New Year! Best wishes for a great one for all of you. <3

Happy new year everybody! Thanks so much for all your patience while I've been out of action - I've managed to get things more or less in order and have written a post to celebrate :) Hopefully there won't be any more unexpected events and will be able to post more reliably. I look forward to continue writing with you all this year!

Hey, Dann? Having read your latest post, I'm just curious to check if you're having a goof moment, or if it's just how Auri is understanding things, or what. I'm mainly confused about when Dina asked Asher if he "trusted his queen", I thought it was obvious that she meant herself, but it sounds like you took it to mean she's referring to the Sorceress? Because Auri seems appalled that Dina seems to be saying that they should trust the Sorceress, if I'm reading it right.

Also, she does explain that she was being sarcastic to Asher, but it's up to you whether or not Auri heard that part.

I'm just a little surprised that Auri's reaction reads as possibly you and/or him are misinterpreting something. If I'm wrong, never mind me ^^ *woof*

Because Auri seems appalled that Dina seems to be saying that they should trust the Sorceress, if I'm reading it right.

This statement is true. Auri is referring to Dina when she said this (during post #195):

"I doubt it will come to that," Dina answered as they went on. "The way I understand it, it is not a blessing waiting to be undone. Oh of course," she quickly added, "Why would you believe Ilhirel if you don't believe me? Why do I believe her? Because whatever she is, she is no liar. I've come to learn that much about her. And I hope you'll come to learn enough about me to trust me, as my friends do. This journey of ours will not go well otherwise." she offered a smile in way of encouragement.

Also, she does explain that she was being sarcastic to Asher, but it's up to you whether or not Auri heard that part.

Both Auri and I understood part too. Jack can correct me if I'm wrong - Auri and Jack took Dina's comments the same way (and I applaud Asher's clever response). I'm just hoping Dina doesn't pull the same stunt with Auri; I think the Chosen are uncomfortable enough as it is.

Ah, well I suppose that saying someone isn't a liar could mean saying that they're to be trusted... Though not necessarily 🤔 Well, semantics *woof*

I wouldn't take it as Dina advising the party to trust the Sorceress lol, but I obviously I have no control over how party members take things! It is what it is. Can't say I'm surprised that the Chosen are worried about her, of course. She doesn't seem quite the same as she was the last time they saw her, before all this, in Dunn *woof*

Andei Andei and Rekai Leon Rekai Leon , as it's been a week since my last update for you guys, please let me know if you're planning on posting. If not, I will consider your current scene finished and advance the story for both you and the Chosen to the next locations *woof*

Likewise, sorry it took so long to reply. Happy to be moving on - can't wait for the moment everyone finally meets!

That said, this upcoming meeting between the Chosen has been so hyped up in my mind that I've recently been gripped by the fear that it'll be not everything I've dreamed it would be.

You know what would keep that from happening? A random encounter with a savage herd of unicorns made of ice cream and waffle cones. You could call them 'uni-cones'.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr could make it work. I believe.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Besides the fact that the purple Taint Crystals look (at least in my head) as the stuff inside Dina, what does Auri know about them? Has he learned anything from his time as a wizard?

Hm. Note that what Dina has is a scar on her arm - now pretty long, twisting and forking like lightning scar, dark purple in color that actually emits a faint glow when she draws on the dark power - but it's not a crystalline surface. It definitely doesn't seem to be the same case as with the dead wolves, who appeared to have had actual Taint crystals embedded in their bodies (but which are now only a dull purple color in appearance, and do not glow - perhaps because the beasts are dead?)

Though it's hard to tell just how old this Taint presence is, it has only relatively recently been manifesting openly. The party had an encounter with it just prior to Auri's and even Maggie's joining (one that you can assume was shared later with the others, to some detail at least), but that was an enclosed incident in Raziel's hidden temple up on Sandpeak Mountain. There, the corruption had destroyed a part of the temple and seemed to have remained dormant until the Chosen come across it (and Dina accidentally got infected). Elsewhere on the continent there were few isolated cases in the last few decades, mostly in the North, from which rumors might have originated describing some dark power connected to purple crystals. When Dina spoke to Arenov, the Archmage of Dunn's Mages Guild, even he was unable to tell her more except to mention these reports, and indeed stated that Dina herself seemed more knowledgeable on the subject.

As old as this thing potentially is, it's also kind of a new threat. And, for the time being at least, you've probably got the world's leading expert on it in your own party. I wish I could be more helpful! *woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back