• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

I made an update for Dann, Kaerri and Parrot for now... Not sure what is keeping Leon busy, but I'll grant him another day or so if that's alright with you Andei - I could go and do it now but the truth is I have a slightly more important update for you guys, and I'd rather allow Leon the chance to post first! *woof*

UNACCEPTABLE!

... Nah of course I’m totally joking, that’s completely fine by me! No stress, Rekai Leon Rekai Leon :) Hope irl stuff isn’t too crazy!

Purr Purr Kaerri Kaerri Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Andei Andei Rekai Leon Rekai Leon

Yikes. Well, gave myself the shivers with that last post lol. Turned out a bit longer than I aimed for, but no regrets *woof*

Tagging you all because I wanted you all to read this, but also because I just realized I haven't tagged a list of players this long in an even longer time, heh, and it's kind of nice! Anyway. So you probably noticed the two new character profiles - I've gone and approved them, but they are both obviously pending the long-awaited character sheet redesign, same as all the rest. So things don't yet look as nice as they ought to, but I made sure two things were in order:

First, I updated the Stats tab. I know no one actually paid attention to Stats, and with good reason (hasn't been relevant yet... until now!). But I've taken a good, hard look at things, drew up some comparison tables and ensured that, to the best of my ability, what is there is what makes sense. This isn't a tabletop, we didn't roll any dice, and I've basically gone and based the stats on what you all stated about your characters' backgrounds, appearance, and such. And how they related to each other, because Stats are nothing unless you have something to compare them to. If someone has made it clear that they have never trained in archery, for example, they probably got a zero. In cases where they might have neglected to mention it, but it makes sense to assume that they had a little training at least (especially the long-lived among you), I've gone and assigned a lower value. Never mind the explanations - the important thing is, it's done but if you are for some reason unhappy with something, or don't agree with my assessments, you can obviously let me know and I can explain the what and why. Keep in mind - Stats, and other parts of W.A.R.S. are all subject to change; I'm not gonna stick with anything that I see is taking away from the experience! *woof*

Second, I've filled out the Powers section for Ingvar and Faron. Yes, I realize some other people are still waiting on theirs, but these two are going to need it sooner. Trust me. Also, I've done a lot of thinking and revamping of ideas for magic/sorcery, and even Miracles a tiny bit, and I've realized just how unfinished and yet cluttered stuff has been, especially Elemental magic. So I've discarded most of that, and decided not to release a whole handbook on it, but rather the spells your characters know will simply be detailed in your sheets in the appropriate section. One of the main reasons for this is that I cannot, for the love of me, come up with dozens of spells to cover all four elements, not in a way that doesn't clash with Amaranth's settings and lore. It's not a videogame. And besides, it's also made me realize just how overpowered magic has been based on what I had before, so there's the need to tone it down a little. Otherwise I can't justify why the Mages Guild isn't in charge and ruling the world, lol *woof*

Anyhow, Andei Andei and Rekai Leon Rekai Leon you two should review your spells/Miracles and get semi-familiar with them. Let me know if there are concerns or problems. Kaerri Kaerri I think having a second priest class in the game might actually be quite interesting for Maggie, especially since I've put it a lot of effort along with Andei to make sure that your two characters are similar yet different in many ways. I don't know if you've checked out his Ingvar yet or if you want to wait until you learn about him in-game, but suffice it to say that you come from different philosophies and wield slightly different tools, and will hopefully compliment each other out there! *woof*

Right. Sorry for the low activity these last few days, there were hurdles to overcome but now I've overcome some of them and I'm feeling super motivated and oriented and looking forward to playing with you :) *howl*

EDIT: almost forgot the most important lol: praise to all of you for the superb quality of your posts lately ^D^

I'll try to get a post up today or tomorrow. Busy week.

Me too, working on my post now, should be up by tomorrow (or tonight at a push). Sorry for the delay!

Just thought I’d pop a note here to ask how everyone’s doing!

In a random bit of other news, I had this incredible stew the other day which is like, every imperishable food you love in a spicy broth topped with American-style cheese slices. Sounds like it shouldn’t work but it’s basically joy in a pot and it made me think of Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait our resident connoisseur of happiness haha

Don’t know if this is the place to put that kind of non-RP related thing (let me know if it isn’t!) - would it become RP-related if I somehow worked the dish into the story? ^^;

Anyway, I’m really enjoying writing with you all so far - hope everybody’s having a good week :)

Don’t know if this is the place to put that kind of non-RP related thing (let me know if it isn’t!) - would it become RP-related if I somehow worked the dish into the story? ^^;
Well, this is the Out of Character thread. If there's someplace to put non-RP stuff, this would be it! *woof* I know what you mean though, and it's perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure it's been done before, though we don't tend to chat much. Feel free to break with tradition ^_^

I'm also enjoying the RP lately. My apologies for not replying sooner; there wasn't anything stopping me in the last few days except laziness. My bad. I'll go and do it now before I come up with another excuse. It's going to be a quick update for both scenes anyhow. Purr Purr Kaerri Kaerri Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait could you let me know if you are all three actually done with your visit to the healer's place? Because I get that impression from the last couple posts. If you still have something to say, feel free. Otherwise we'll move on. Oh, and also - do you wish to roleplay the graveyard scene? I wasn't sure if this is something you wanted to spend a couple posts on, or would you rather we do it in the background and just mention it at the beginning of our next scene?

And one final note for you Andei Andei - in regards to your latest post. If you are going to be quoting something that was said earlier, it would be better to go ahead and actually quote from the relevant post, the way Dann and Kaerri do it. Because if you simply make it a part of your post, at first glance or when skimming it kinda looks like your character is saying it. Of course, if you are going to quote something really short then I suppose it's ok to just to use inline quotation marks, but in general the proper BB code would be better. And you don't need to bold dialogue, unless you want to I suppose. I used to do it for years until I noticed that it's a bit invasive when it comes to lengthier dialogue, and other people started dropping it so I did as well. The fact that your character's dialogue is colored should make it stand out plenty.

(I just happened to be up at this time)

I'm not sure of the others, but as for Carn, he's pretty much done with the healer's hut unless something else gets brought up. As for the graveyard scene, I'm inclined to say yes, but I'm equally as willing to have it as background (or at least until after the mission's completion!).

And one final note for you Andei Andei Andei Andei - in regards to your latest post. If you are going to be quoting something that was said earlier, it would be better to go ahead and actually quote from the relevant post, the way Dann and Kaerri do it. Because if you simply make it a part of your post, at first glance or when skimming it kinda looks like your character is saying it. Of course, if you are going to quote something really short then I suppose it's ok to just to use inline quotation marks, but in general the proper BB code would be better.

Gotcha, edited the recent post to reflect standard quoting format :)

Warnings were being shouted this way and that. The men who stood near the cliff's edge remained there, while the others appeared to be bracing themselves. It did not look like the animals were going straight for the camp, on second inspection, but they rolled down in a fast and somewhat unpredictable manner, as if the whole mountain was coming undone behind them.

Khaleesi is coming to Westeros

*rolls initiative*

Auri is mostly gathering worthwhile information while attempting to follow Carn. Auri and I are up for whatever Carn wants to do. Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait =)

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr
"Ours is a small but hospitable settlement," Renhart told Maggie.

Hey there! I'm a little confused. Master Renhart is addressing Maggie about the offer Auri made him? Why isn't he addressing the character who made him the offer?

He is addressing both of you. First, Maggie's thanks for his hospitality:
"Ours is a small but hospitable settlement," Renhart told Maggie. "Being the local healer, I am used to giving more than others. That's why I am always prepared. Think nothing of it."
Then, Auri's offer to help:
He then turned to Auri and shook his head. "A kind offer, but I would not burden you with such trifles when you've more important things to worry about."

This is what I get for being so excited to read a post ("Cool! What's happening in Amaranth?!"), but getting so distracted because I was doing two other things while reading it. Hah! Derp! =)

In other news, Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon has informed me that due to his work schedule he won't be able to post this week, so I am wrapping up Asher's scene. We were debating on whether or not there would be a second bit where Asher leaves the tavern to check out a shop (possibly even meeting up with Dina/Violet). As it is, it will be done in the background.

That means the Chosen's scenes merge again and the party is back underway setting out of Haven whenever the Dann/Kaerri/Parrot trio is ready. Presumably after the asked-for graveyard scene. Which reminds me - if you are truly done with the tea party, please make your character's intentions clear in your next posts. Then I will reply with the transition. Note that, since Master Renhart is coming with you, you will still be able to talk to him and ask more questions on the way! *woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back