• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

The Chosen are stopped at a magical barrier even the angels cannot thwart! Auri watches in awe as Carn busts out the ocarina! The Chosen are saved! Hooray for Carn! 8D

I like the background musics too. Go, Link, go!

Hey, Wolf! It says right there on 5:18 that Link is a Chosen One! That means we get a new NPC, right? Link's going to join us in Amaranth, right?! (Ha ha ha!)

"Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina of time - (26) Temple Of Time"

Alright, so as in the past, I have decided to make use of the tabs BB code for situations in which the PCs split from each other. I will typically attempt to preface these with some kind of general text, or perhaps stuff that would normally go to me as Dina's player, just so that the first, default tab doesn't go to any of the other players. I understand that some of you read everything I write, while others focus on updates relevant to their own characters (or perhaps a combination, depending on circumstances). As always, my goal is to provide choices for you; not to make them for you. So I'll be making use of tabs and spoilers to divide content per character(s), letting each player decide what they want to read and know. Yes, I trust that you are all capable of separating your character's knowledge from your own, but in case that someone has difficulties with this, or most likely just wants to be truly surprised at times and emulate a more character-driven perspective, I will make an effort to make it easy for you to "miss" things.

This is nothing new, but I felt like reiterating for Parrot, and whatever lurkers we are having these days. Yes, you guys would be surprised - I actually get contacted every now and then by RPN members, some old, some who have been around for a while, some who turned into potential players and others who were fine with lurking. People send me their thoughts and usually even some praise as well. No pressure, but... the world is watching, huh? We're in a public place, after all! You can read this stuff without even making an RPN account, so you never know 😇

Oh, and a note about the language *woof*

So obviously, the Common Tongue is still spoken throughout the North, except in the Varden kingdom (though most of them learn Common in addition to their own language). I just wanted to remind you about the accent - though this is basically a flavor thing, for those of you who like to imagine everything and soak up all the details they're given. I have actually made an attempt to describe the accent of northern Asgard once before, back in Chapter V. The only time that I can remember doing so, come to think of it, and it was because of Archmage Arenov from Dunn's Mages Guild (and who was also present at the war council in Tyr's Retreat). Since none of you except Kaerri played at the time, and since it has been a long time since, and we have actually gone north, it occurred to me that I might delve into this again.

The accent of northern Asgard is a lot like the Scottish accent, mixed with some Russian. I believe I actually described it as being Russian-like that one time in the past, but when I think about it now, I'm afraid you guys will end up with the wrong idea, so I'd rather describe it as some weird Scottish-Russian accent (like wtf, right?), than to just say one or the other. Much like the weather up there, the accent is harder, the countryside folk tend to speak faster, and a lot of words and sounds often get forcibly joined together. The most distinctive feature, and the one thing you should really remember is that the letter R is rolled - like in Russian, or Spanish. Scottish is really cool for me since it's English, yet they do roll the R to some extent (but not as hard as we do in the Slavic languages, and I read something about the Scottish rolled R slowly dying as the younger generations are opting for the softer, normal English R pronunciation).

So yeah, there you go. Northern Asgard speaks in a Scottish-Russian accent, and they roll their Rs, and as you'd expect the accent is stronger and more common as you get closer to the City of Tears. That's the TLDR. Lol.

*howl*

Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon do you need a map of the tavern? ^33^

Dannigan Dannigan & Kaerri Kaerri are either of you planning to post? Because I've been waiting on you. It's ok if you need a bit more time, I mainly just want to avoid that awkward situation where each is silently waiting on the other unbeknownst to each other XD *woof*

I have been planning to post, yes, just haven't been able to in the past two days.

Likewise, given that we come as a pair (and I've just woken up from a deep nap and my brain is groooooooggy). =) As default, I try to post at least once per week (depending on what the GM/Storyteller is up to).

Thanks! I knew what I meant! Heh. =)

EDIT: Edited! Everyone goofs; it's all how you handle it. =)

I'm glad our part of the group went to the healer's place. We have two Violets now. There is a silly joke in there somewhere. =)

Note to Dannigan Dannigan Kaerri Kaerri and Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait - you can consider the woman to no longer be blocking your way. Though she's technically still there, having just expressed the intention of leaving, you have the option of either continuing to engage her in conversation, or assume that she's walked past you and have your characters enter the healer's house.

And a note to Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon - post! :P You have a limited amount of time in which to resolve the RP opportunity that you went looking for. Ideally, I'd like both of your groups to resolve their respective scenes at about the same time, so neither has to wait too long on the other before we're all once again moving as one party! So post!!!11 :D *rawrrr*

I say "both" groups even though there's technically three (me being Dina's player). That's because I clearly have full control over that, and besides I may or may not actually publicly roleplay out what happens with Dina in situations where she is separated from other player characters. We're off to a pretty decent start with Chapter VII, let's keep the momentum! *woof*

Ah, and at this time I think it's safe to say that I have a surprise for you guys. And how soon I announce it depends entirely on you. Or more precisely, on your progress! ;)

Sorry for my silence this week. I'll try to have something up over the weekend but don't wait for me -- if you post before I do, I'll just include it all in Maggie's next.

Been a bit hectic after getting back to work, had to adjust to an earlier morning shift and I've had other developments as well. That is why I haven't posted in over a week.

Should be fine now, I guess.

Last edited:
Better late than never! During these uncertain times, I am glad you have a shift to go to. =)

I'm "just sayin'" here.

If Auri had been given the chance, I was planning on having him smooth things over with this Violet, but that opportunity has been taken out of my hands. No big deal. Not looking for apologies. I was planning to post today (again, I can commit to one post a week minimum), but hey, let's move on.

Again, "just sayin'."

I know what you mean, and I'd expect no less from Auri - but at least Maggie did something along the lines. I'll make sure this is reflected in my next post *woof*

Though I've stated that the woman has gone / was going, if any of you three had made a more active attempt at stopping her, continuing to try and talk to her, etc. I hope you realize that you had the power to do so. Her leaving was an assumption and response based on the last thing that happened (Carn's action), but it was not unavoidable nor unfixable.

I realize you're not asking for an apology but since you bothered to voice some discontent (you did stress "just saying" twice, and under quotation marks), I felt like offering this explanation at least. I don't want you to feel like the opportunity was taken out of your hands - it certainly wasn't my intention, and I'd go as far as to say that it actually didn't happen. Please be aware that even following what Parrot and Kaerri wrote, you still had the power to act independently of that and smooth things over, as you put it.

I'll probably be a little busy visiting a friend over the next couple days, so if you wish there is still time to edit your post in any way you see fit. I'll respond accordingly when I become available again! *woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back