• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Oh, the question about the uniform was more of passing interest when Dannigan brought it up. xD In my head, I kinda see Carn in one of those military officer uniforms from Fullmetal Alchemist, unless if blue isn't the color of the Resistance.

Like this?

hqdefault.jpg

Those look like dress uniforms. I'd imagine them being used in an official setting, during a ceremony, or some such. Not in actual battle. For one, a uniform (no pun intended) blue like that probably wouldn't be best choice. There are reasons why modern uniforms have camouflage patterns. In medieval times they actually used camouflage as well, by the way! Just not for whole armies, but more like for certain units, on a smaller level.

The color of the Resistance would be grey, if anything. Because the Resistance was founded by the old Royal Army, and their uniforms were, well - steel plate armor. With decorative bits and trims, but grey was the dominant color.

*Tilts head in curiosity and then bobs head in agreement*
That seems quite sound. Though, if that's the case, what is Carn wearing at the moment? Armor or clothing?

😭

I know! How about you decide? I did a pretty poor job at trying to describe what the options might be, and probably came off as even more uncertain than I actually am, so the chances of you making a mistake are quite low. Use my explanations for reference, just keep in mind that this is an official setting. A council of war. You were just in a room with the Resistance's elite members, not to mention a couple of angels (!) - surely you'd have prepared accordingly?

Not for the angels. You couldn't have anticipated divine creatures visiting. Ahem.

But Carn would have certainly been expected to look presentable. Also, remember that he likely doesn't own a whole assortment of clothes, as we do today. His main outfit might actually be his "mission" outfit. Or a part of it, at least. Anything, as long as it's clean and not falling apart. I tried imagining him in some kind of... drakkar robe? But he always ends up looking like a merchant of some sort XD

I'm sure you will do a good job. I can sense that you really want to include this description, and be aware of what your character is wearing in general, and that's a good thing. So I am giving you a reasonably free rein and encouragement to figure it out on your own. Go into as much details as you feel comfortable with. Just remember that you aren't required to. It's fine to be as vague as you want or need to ;)

*woof*

It's good to be a priestess. ^;3^

"What is Maggie wearing?" What she's always wearing... her priestess robes! (Probably the ceremonial ones since she was wearing them when we fled the palace, but still, robes.)

Touché. Since she had the ceremonial robes at hand, I am sure she would have worn them to the council meeting. There couldn't be anything more appropriate in the world, come to think of it. She will need something better suited for the mission at hand, however. Don't forget and accidentally ship her off north in nothing but her ceremonial robes! 😇

But all in due time. I'm gonna allow a day or two at most for others to post before I reply. Even if you don't in this period, it won't be a problem - you'll be able to just as easily after my next post. That said, there is definitely more room now than ever before in this chapter for anyone to speak up. Any questions your character will have, concerns, or even just comments - feel free to get them out there. You're in a relatively private setting (if you can get over the company of divine beings...), and I'm certain you will find yourselves with more to say or ask as we go along.

Oh, and before I forget again... Dann, there is indeed something highly unusual about Carn. Not at first glance, but at first... introduction, shall we say? Carn's a fine name for a drakkar, but what kind of drakkar goes around with a surname like Barley? 🤔 😉

I wasn't seriously asking because I didn't expect there to be a real answer... But if there is, I'd like to know. Because I'm not seeing it, so you'd be one step ahead of me, lol.

It's more in the writing style than his actions, really.

Oh, and before I forget again... Dann, there is indeed something highly unusual about Carn. Not at first glance, but at first... introduction, shall we say? Carn's a fine name for a drakkar, but what kind of drakkar goes around with a surname like Barley? 🤔 😉

This too. Correct me if I'm wrong, here. I see the drakkar as having some similarities to Mass Effect's Krogan. They're big, tough, warrior race with no shortage of pride and all the willingness in the universe to fight if the cause is right.

"Commander Shepard headbutts a Krogan." (Mass Effect - best gaming trilogy ever!)

Carn Barley does not strike Auri as a typical drakkar, that's all. Plus, I don't recall any other drakkar being here so I think Auri is a little surprised to see another. =)

The Krogan would make a good enough parallel.

But yes, now that you mention it, he does come off as unusual through just the writing style. That must mean Parrot's doing a goob job, because his character certainly is unusual. Your observations are spot on *woof*

Given all that's going on, I feel such days are to be appreciated. I'm glad you're one that does. =)

Inspiration comes in bursts they say, and I've been kind of spaced out the last few days. Sorry! Posted now. I realize it may not be a true advancement, but I'm leaving an open window here in case that any of your characters have something to say to this. Or ask. Up to you *woof*

After that, there will be only a couple of other matters to touch on before we will be ready to wrap up and proceed with the next part of the chapter! Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon that includes the thing we've been discussing, to remind you ;)

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I'll try to get Maggie's reactions up tomorrow or the next day.

You too, Parrot! =) Sorry if my character does not have much to say (but he really does not have much to say). I'm trying to post but a buddy has asked something of me and I'm spending my game time doing that instead. I want to post today, even if it's a short one.

This is true, good Parrot! Life has a way of making its own entrances and exits, doesn't it? =)

Life: "Hi, Dann. Have a bomb. Deal with it before it goes off."

Me: "I was in the middle of something important. I don't think I have the time or mental resources to do that well."

Life: "Did it sound like I was asking?"

Me: "Ohhhh brother!"

Ha ha ha! =)

Well, I'm just glad someone posted, even if it wasn't to say anything special. I always feel awkward replying to my own posts, lol *woof*

I would have posted sooner but stuff got in the way. Will extend until tomorrow in case someone else has anything to say! ^^

Same here!

Wolf, I am in the middle of fulfilling your request. I should be done within the hour. =)

Eh, Dann? So you said "within the hour", but I'm afraid that I couldn't wait for more than a couple days for that 😅 😇

Being serious now, I understand that you couldn't post in the end. That's ok. There's a new opportunity now, and indeed I expect everyone to sound off to this, but if Auri was going to say anything relevant to what was being said before, it's most likely still appropriate. Even if you might have to tweak your post (since you did say you were working on one) *woof*

That includes the quietest man around, Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon ! *woof*

I'm sure that it's painfully obvious, but clearly all of the PCs are supposed to get in the "go North" group, with Carn. I apologize if it's a little awkward that I'm making it seem like a choice, when there isn't one to be made. It's actually my way of purging the party of NPCs that have been accumulating for a long time. Something I promised to do a while back. We won't be saying goodbye to all of them, and they'll remain part of the story, but there's definitely little room for them in the main group, at least in the form of "permanent" party members.

Just a heads up - I'm trying to resolve my unemployment status these days so I'm a little distressed and find it hard to focus on anything else. Also, been waiting to see if Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait replies, just PMed him about it. Ideally I'd let him have at it before we continue, but will move things along regardless in another day or two.

Happy Independence Day 2020 to Dannigan Dannigan & Kaerri Kaerri !

I wish the circumstances were better (what a lousy year so far, eh? :(), but I hope you got to take a little break today and make it a little special. I don't know how big you two are on state/federal holidays (I don't get too excited about our own Independence Day lol), but felt like I should say something all the same. All the best to you both! *howl*

Thanks a bunch, Your Wolfness! =)

I think it is safe to say that Kaerri and I dearly love being Americans and we are proud to be one tiny part of the big ol' U.S.A., but unlike some, we're not fanatical about it (about anything, really, even gaming which we also love). While it has been a lousy year, we're in this together no matter where we live. But yeah, it's wonderful to be American living in America! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back