• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Don't worry about it. I actually meant to just sort of make a pause there, splitting one big post into two so you could post if you wanted to, but didn't have to - I just let too much time pass in between. Because there really wasn't much to post to. Sorry. Been a little sick but I'm nearly recovered now *woof*

Aw, sorry you've been sick! Glad you're better now.

Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon Jack, that is one of the coolest posts I have seen you write. I enjoy seeing what's going on inside of Asher's head. =)

Sorry for such a short post after such a long time, I was going to write more but then I saw a chance for some player interaction and I had to take it. I have the current scene well planned out though, so it's safe to say that we should be able to proceed without further complications! Ready to reply when Kaerri Kaerri does :) *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Should I assume that Maggie doesn't recognize the amulet? In the sense that Uriel means, that is. I don't remember, and can't now find, any mention that Maggie knew more about it than anyone else present.

No, she doesn't know anything more than what I've described in the post where the amulet is presented. And again when she saw it up close, patching up Dina, I think. So I'm really just asking her to give her opinion based on that. She's definitely never seen this exact thing before ;) *woof*

"It's an ancient relic of House Tenárus, who brought it when humanity fled from our original homeland to Asgard, but I'm afraid we've lost the knowledge of what it was and what it meant before that." She glanced down at her robes, then back up towards Uriel's face. "It almost looks like the Creationist symbol, aside from the color, but I don't recall ever hearing why."
Dear Kaerri, I'm afraid that Maggie is sort of missing the point. Or rather, you are, since Maggie couldn't possibly with her background as a priestess (and even simply as a resident of Asgard). I do apologize because it's probably my fault - I've allowed the RP to slow down too many times for everyone to really stay in tune with their characters and the world lore.

You've had Maggie quote what Knight-Commander said ten minutes earlier, but that's new information to her. I don't think it should be the first thing that comes to her mind. Rather, the depiction on the amulet itself is the most obvious thing. And it's not the color. The Creationist sigil appears everywhere in Asgard, and though it's supposed to be golden, it really depends mostly on the materials used. It could be chiseled into stonework, but left as just shades of grey. Or etched into a shield, but uncolored. In official paperwork, which almost never uses colored ink, it's black.

You almost let Maggie say it: "It almost looks like the Creationist symbol, aside from the color..."

Aside from the color, isn't there a more obvious, and clearly more important difference between Dina's amulet and the universally recognized Creationist sigil? One that should be so odd to Maggie that she would hardly pause to ponder its origins, which are beside the point even?

Also, the amulet did light up and glow with a golden light, despite the odd pitch black metal it seemed to be made of *woof*

I'm afraid I'm still missing it. I don't know much more than what she said, and was referring at least as much to what was in spoilers and descriptions rather than what the Knight-Commander said, I thought.

Is it not still glowing? Or did I miss that too?

Aw gawd :c

XD

Sorry. It's just... Remember the old Miracles tree I had made? It's not included in the current handbook, but I'm pretty sure I've described what the Creationist sigil looks like many times throughout the story (again, my fault for slowing down said story...).

Here's the two side by side, I'm sure you'll see it right away:

1585527471096.png 1585527512169.png

Hmmm... Actually, on second thought maybe it's not as painfully obvious as it ought to be. It's because this medallion is a pic off the internet, and not one that I made.

But basically. The Creationist sigil is made up of two parts: The sun, and the eye (referred to as the Eye of the Maker).

Dina's amulet depicts only the sun. No Eye.

Sorry for confusing you >.< I just realized that the dot in the middle could actually be interpreted as an eye, but it's definitely not. The reason I didn't see it is because I knew better, so my mind didn't expect to see the likeness. Was that it?

I'm not sure I would have noticed anyway, because the amulet is more stylized-looking if that makes sense? But with the Eye being so important, Maggie would know it ought to be included even in a stylized version, right?

Hello! Excuse me for butting in so suddenly, but Wolf wanted me to introduce myself as soon as possible. I hope to have fun with you all and to be a good addition to the RP.

I'm not sure I would have noticed anyway, because the amulet is more stylized-looking if that makes sense? But with the Eye being so important, Maggie would know it ought to be included even in a stylized version, right?
Yes, Maggie would know. There is no "stylized" version. The Creationist sigil is made up of the sun and the eye, it is never displayed as just one or the other. Always both. It is unfortunate that the medallion image I found off the internet sort of makes it look like it might be a matter of different styling, but that's not the case. My apologies, should have cleared it up in the description.

And yes, surprise - we have a new player! Everyone meet Parrot! :D *woof*

It will be good to have him, especially since MDL seems to have gone AWOL. Hasn't been seen online since September... I'll have to retire his character, looks like :/ I was also in the process of character creation with another two potential players over the last couple months but they both dropped out before we could even finish lol.

Oh, and - we've never had a parrot here, so that's a nice new experience ^^

Goodness, it's late here, let alone where you are! Sleep well!

Welcome Parrot! I saw your Drakkar character in The Chosen today and thought, "Who is this?" =)

Hey Wolf? When you edit a post and add a bunch of new things to it, can you drop us a note here? I had the tab open from Monday to consider Maggie's response, but because I never reloaded the page I wouldn't have seen all the stuff you added Wednesday if Jack hadn't posted.

Zoinks. I was afraid of that >.<

I had just assumed that either no one saw yet, or that you were going to see the changes anyway when you eventually come back to post. My apologies, definitely should have left a note... *whine*

You actually keep the tabs open? :P

I have, at the present time, 14 tabs open. ^;3^ Four of which are RpN tabs, although that number varies depending on how many RPs I owe posts in. >.> That's because I have this bad habit of reading an RP when I have time to read but not reply, and then forgetting I haven't replied. Keeping the tab open is a visual reminder that I'm not finished with it yet.

Makes sense. Alright, do you think you could post by this time tomorrow? Since I've just delivered some pretty shocking news, I assumed that most of you would have some reaction to it - even though ancient, long-forgotten secrets of his own race's origins don't seem to particularly rouse Asher, eh Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon ? XD Asher's like, totally chill about the "history lesson" lol *woof*

Well, this history lesson hasn't been taught in like, over a thousand years. But whatevs! :D

I will wait until tomorrow before going forward, but we really should get going. I guess now that I've finally got my sh*t together I'm eager to, plus there's Parrot - I'm reluctant to keep him from playing, but I still haven't finished with the infodump I really, really need to make and which is essentially keeping the rest of you from making meaningful posts as well. Sorry about that, but as the title of this chapter suggests, there are some things that have to be revealed at this point! *woof*

I too am in the habit of keeping tabs open (for a myriad number of reasons). I also tend to read posts the moment I see them (opprtunities allowing). If they get changed up without my knowing, I get confused. Thanks for leaving future notes, Wolf! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back