• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Hehe, I knew you would like it :D *woof*

I've just recently realized just how big Auri actually is, from the measurements you so kindly provided. I mean, I never fully envisioned just how big the drakkar are in general, compared to humans and elves, but Auri really takes the cake (xo xo)... I was at a coffee shop the other day, looking at the ceiling and thinking hmmm so if I'm like 6'5 or so, and Auri is 8'3... And then I imagined that he was there, and realized just how much taller (not to mention wider) he would be than anyone else there. It really hit me, then. Lol.

Just one of those things you kinda know, in the background, but you don't fully account for them *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr

I was inspired to make this rendition of the Great Hall everyone is in right now. There's not many character shown but if you look close you can see placeholders for Auri, Maggie, and Asher, haha. I used the old Neverwinter Nights toolset which allows you create working game modules lol.

Tyrs_Hall.JPG

No thanks needed it was a good bit of fun to sit down and do something creative. here's a shot with a few more people standing around, lolol. Ok, I'm done XD

Tys_Hall2.JPG

I remember bits of Neverwinter Nights, especially Deekin the kobold bard. I thought he was just the best character in the game! Deekin: "Boooooosss?"

You: "What now, Deekin?" =)

Oh, I couldn't forget it! The way he would march around the battle banging on his drums chanting, "Doom, doom, dooooom!" in that hilarious little kobold voice of his! I swear, they could not have chosen a better voice actor for Deekin!

Dannigan Dannigan would you like to post before I update things? Same for Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon and MDL MDL

Again, it's not that any of you have to, since your characters are not being directly engaged in some way, but you are always encouraged to react if you wish, or just share your character's thoughts and feelings. I was going to post tonight but I'll hold off until tomorrow night just in case *woof*

That last post took longer than I intended because I'd gotten a little sick along the way, enough that for a whole day I actually didn't turn my computer on at all! Not even to play videogames! If that's not proof of sickness, I dunno what is lol *woof*

I got better a couple days ago, though, so here's to getting back to it :closed eyes open smile:

I asked Jack to join us more often - he said he'd see about it, but I have no idea where MDL went. Seems he's gone the way of the Doc and disappeared without a trace :C Last seen September 29th...

Oh noes! Too sick even to play video games?? Poor Wolf!

I'm glad you are feeling better now. ^33^

The wizardly drakkar especially took note of the items and the ritual itself - blood magic was a study he had never been enthusiastic about in his 350 years of life, but right now, what could be better?
This is fine, just don't confuse this "ritual" involving Dina's blood and the Tenárus amulet with actual blood magic as performed by the (now all but extinct) Dragon Cults from the Daskárd desert. When people think of blood magic, they think of death, torture and darkness that's exclusively related to the Dragon Cults. The kind of forbidden magic nearly devoid of any sensible application. It does sound like you understand the difference, but I'd like to reinforce it anyway.

Though it's an interesting observation. It didn't even occur to me that, to a mundane observer, Dina using her blood to activate some ancient artifact might actually be seen as blood magic in some respect. I suppose it even technically could be, it's just so vastly different from the real thing that it doesn't even belong in the same sentence.

I'll post tomorrow and I promise to make it more interesting starting then. I realize that so far in the chapter not a lot happened, but I think the fact that I'm back to semi-frequent posting is improvement enough. Once this first part of the council is out of the way, we shall quickly get to the point, and beyond! Thanks for sticking around *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Protocol question. ^;3^

Would it be more appropriate for Maggie, as a priestess, to kneel with the others? Or just to bow her head, or nothing at all? In some places (fictional and otherwise), priests are expected to show the same reverence towards royalty that everyone else does, while in others, they're expected to show less (because their higher reverence is supposed to be given to their deity).

In this case it's the former; equal reverence. Though I should point out (or reinforce, because I believe I already stated it once upon the time) that kneeling is a lot less common in Asgard than in the real-life medieval ages. It's typically only used for special occasions, such as coronations, proclamations of fealty, or simply when the person in question feels like expressing additional respect. Kneeling looks like what you probably expect: one gets down on one knee, with their hands on their weapon (if they have one and if it's unsheathed) or alternatively one hand resting across the knee and the other one by their side.

Under normal circumstances, a bow of the head suffices, which may range from a nod to bowing one's entire head and looking straight down. Depends on the status of the other person, but doesn't need to take more than a second or two regardless.

Note that Ilhirel did not seem to require anyone to kneel before her back in Alicante. Right now, Dina's moment is big enough to warrant kneeling. It's practically her unofficial coronation.

It's a good question you asked, and there is a little more trivia about the reasoning why, which should be revealed as the story progresses *woof*

She also wondered what she'd been called up front for. Perhaps merely to heal Dina's cut once all had accepted her blood's proof?
I'm afraid that's the main reason, yeah XD In Asgard, relying on sorcery or miracles to heal wounds is about as common as bandaging them up (provided one has access to such means). Dina has both, in this case. There would be several mages present at the scene, not including Archmage Arenov who is standing quite near and who would undoubtedly be more than able and willing to assist - however Natalis' choice speaks for itself. First, Maggie and Dina are both members of the Chosen. Second, a priestess is a more.... natural choice, since Miracles are seen as a higher form of sorcery and are associated with healing and restoration by default, everything else second (as opposed to conventional sorcery which people usually associate with... many other things, before arriving to the same idea). And third... I shouldn't go into details on this OOC, but... The nature of the Tenárus amulet and how it reacted with Dina's blood should be more than intriguing for Maggie, in her professional capacity. Let's call it "fitting" that it should be a priestess that's involved with the ceremony, and not a sorcerer ;)

And of course, Maggie's got more than a special role in the things to come. I hope you won't mind if she's been called up for a simple healing Miracle this time :closed eyes open smile: *woof*

I mean, have you ever cut your hand on something? It's not really the cut that's the issue, especially if it happens fast and against something very sharp. It's the healing process that's painful, and you can't really use your hand properly until it heals. That's one of the reasons why I had Natalis tell her not to go for the palm. I've always facepalmed hard watching movies that involved rituals and people cutting open the palms of their hands. Goddamnit, what a stupid idea, especially in a medieval scenario where you might need to fight and use your hand to grip tools and weapons. Good luck doing that with a cut palm -_-

But I suppose it's theatrical enough *woof*

Last edited:
Hm. With the ritual finished, Maggie is free to tend to Dina's injury.

You could do this in your next post, but perhaps it's simpler if you just go ahead and edit that bit now *woof*

Either way, I'm updating the game tomorrow! Are you guys getting tired of these semi-regular posts? :coolshades: ^33^

Tired? Not at all! Loving it!

I'm going to edit my latest post to reflect what I now know about the common view of priests as healers, since I'd been working from a different perspective at the time, but I think I'll leave the actual tending until after your next one. This is Dina's moment, and Maggie doesn't want to interrupt until she's certain the drama has had its time.

Hey guys! So a lot's been going on these last few days, and since the next post is supposed to be a longer one, I'm forced to take a little extra time to write it up. Also working on a small surprise for you at the same time. Stay tuned! *woof*

Sorry guys, I'm a little (or more than) out of it these days, there's just next to no chance for me to get anything creative done for some reason. I hope next year turns out better.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to push the game forward this week, since for the second half of it I'll be out of town on top of everything else. But. After that, I'll give it my best. Thank you for your understanding 🐺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back