• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Good enough for me!
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png
 *howl*

Sorry; I've been busy with convention stuff but it just ended today so I can get back to posting. I must've missed the alert for Amaranth in the leadup.

@Wolf Rawrrr Happy to handle the conversation with Greywall in a PM for brevity (and the other players') sake, unless you think it'd be an especially effective scene to play out.

@Dannigan while I would certainly welcome your backup normally, in this particular moment we're not waiting on either Grey or Jack. It's you and Kaerri :P  *woof*

@Jack Elarithon is actually able to rejoin the posting order, thanks to Dannigan for the reminder. Since Asher finished his scene at around 13h, he would be able to return to the manor right about now, if Jack wished it so. Otherwise, he may choose to return later in the evening when the time comes to be making final plans for tomorrow's operation.

@Grey on the other hand... His character was done with his scene some time past 10h. Now, there isn't much to be gained from RPing the conclusion of the conversation with Greywall, but we could RP where Valtieri went next - if you recall, the good captain was about to point him to speak with the father of the murdered girl from the case he just helped solve. So the choice for you, Grey, is really just if you want to RP that encounter, or just get the results in your PM and start with Grey arriving to Auri's residence a little later (though technically he could have done all that and still arrived well before the current time, due to the timeline differences we can't just decide he's been present all along - we've already determined that at 14h he wasn't yet there for whatever reason).

Personally, I am more in favor of you rejoining in time for dinner OR right now actually, like Jack. It will save some time. There's no real need to actually RP how the talk went, since there's no conflict there, just a brief conversation and picking up a reward from a thankful father.

In other words, everyone is allowed to join the current scene and post as they wish. As soon as we're ready, we will proceed to evening and start forging plans for the big mission. That said, I'd like to hear from everyone if they wanted to RP part of the next day, or can we fast forward until actual mission time and start at the Royal Quarter. I'm for the latter, of course *rawrrr*

Last edited by a moderator:
My pardon.  With all of the posting back and forth between Maggie and Auri, I had thought we were waiting on Ash and Val to arrive at Auri's.

You may have Vittorio arrive at any moment, Grey ;)

Dannigan: We are not, but our characters are :P  

@Grey Have I mentioned how much I like your writing style?  That last post was kind of deep, but I find this sentence to be a gem on a number of levels!

"It was cold comfort that the body was returned."  

Oh!  Go, Grey!  =)

Ah, Grey! What a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect you to post so soon, thus I've not yet sent you that PM detailing what happened during Valtieri's talk with the nobleman. I shall dispatch it as soon as I am able - it will make a little bit of difference in the sense that your character didn't fail completely at securing help, as you'll see, though it won't nullify your post and its grim atmosphere *woof*

Btw Dann, since Auri can easily afford a few servants, I assume that there's at least one maid and possibly someone else (a valet as Grey suggested IC). Though they'd probably not be actually living in the residence, since it's his private home. Do let us know! *woof*

Sounds good to me, Wolf.  =)  I imagine, if you will, an older drakkar lady maid who has Auri's trust because she honestly gives a damn (in general).  As for a valet, that's not a bad idea either.  I would prefer that he or she be drakkar as well if that falls well within the story.  =)

Most service staff by far are human, at least in Eldshaw and Hyerald, with elves coming in second. Dwarves and drakkar tend to favor rougher occupations, as well as not being inclined towards subservience (especially goes for the drakkar due to the war), but if it was especially important for Auri to have his own people on it, he could have through some effort managed to find a couple drakkar for these roles. In his case it would not be so unusual because he is drakkar himself, and a high-ranking official at that. I imagine it would be something of a matter of pride, even, for his countrymendrakkars to enter into his service.

Since today is Thursday at 14h (IC), both servants would be present in the residence. I shall introduce them in some detail as they show up in the next few posts *woof*

Thanks, Dann. I kind of want to edit the syntax a bit, but I'm glad you picked up what I was laying down.

As soon as we're ready, we will proceed to evening and start forging plans for the big mission. That said, I'd like to hear from everyone if they wanted to RP part of the next day, or can we fast forward until actual mission time and start at the Royal Quarter

I don't mind fast-forwarding.  Dina's been in this prison long enough, I'd say!  =)

Alright, that's fine. I was expecting everyone to say that same (tho I do still want to hear your opinions :) ).

I'll want to know what your characters did between the time of waking up and the time they departed for the palace, just for the record. You can all let me know after the current day is over, since the dinner plans might influence that *woof*

Well, just to tell you where my mind is currently (that is, if dinner plans don't change a thing), I think putting our facts together behind closed doors (and always out of earshot of Auri's staff) is a good start.  Auri would like to make certain the team knows their way around the palace and give them ideas on what to expect.  Otherwise, I see Auri practicing his spells and natural abilities in the meantime, gearing them up for possible use.  

Apologies, I forgot that I was due to post as well! I kept thinking that we needed Grey - which we do, in addition to myself *woof*

Announcement - Current RP Status

Hello, all :) And by all I mean: @Kaerri @Dannigan @Grey @Jack Elarithon, to be exact, in no particular order.

Just wanted to share with you some thoughts regarding the current state of the game and the plans for the future *woof*

Let me open by saying how glad I am that we have finally reached the point from which we can initiate the last part of Chapter VI: The Eye of the Storm. Right now we've got all player characters finished with their tasks and chatting in Auri's residence (except for Asher who may appear at leisure), and we can essentially fast forward to the after-dinner final plans for tomorrow's rescue operation whenever we want. However, in light of the big RpN update that is scheduled to hit on February 26th, I have decided to wait until that's resolved, and then some. I think it's safe to say that we will move forward with the story in the first week of March.

In the meantime I will finish and release the long promised rewrite of the W.A.R.S. documentation. Also, by then the big site update should be complete and once I fix what gets broken I will do some polishing of various threads (chiefly in the Chosen and Archives sections) that I've been planning to do for a while now, but couldn't until the update rolled through. It is my greatest hope that all my efforts will end up improving the game experience for everyone involved, and that you'll find the RP to be looking and feeling better than ever before. Just remember that at any time you are most welcome to voice any compliments or concerns regarding anything Amaranth, and that I will do all I can to keep this a place you like spending time in (or, failing that, at least someplace you don't mind coming back to... :P )

Thank you all for your continued contributions to the game, as well as your time and patience. Neither I nor Dina could wish for finer folks to have at our side in a pinch ;)

Yours truly, Wolf.

*howl*

Announcement - Post Update

Well we made it! *woof*

Please bear with me while I perform an integrity check of the Amaranth subforums and threads and fix everything in need of repairs. Here's hoping that we are fully operational soon :)

In the meantime, please feel free to respond IC according to normal ( Grey Grey Kaerri Kaerri Purr Purr ). I'd prefer not to abruptly cut the scene close without finishing the ongoing conversation before we move on.

Your Gallery pics are in the main Gallery, by the way. I'm not sure yet how to get them back in here, but I'll be working with Dark Wizard about that (and some other things).

I was linking most of my images directly from Imgur, where they are uploaded, so while they broke due to the code restructure, they are also easy to fix.

The one image that I can remember hosting locally was the world map, because I couldn't find any other place on the Internet where I could upload images of such size and dimension without the host destroying the quality (which beats the point). RpN let me do that, so the world map is here, and surprisingly still displays correctly by itself *woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back