• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Mhm. And thanks for posting so quickly you guys, I'm actually shocked at how much progress we are making right now XD *woof*

There's only a couple things I need to bring up ingame before we can get to actually discussing the details of the Chosen's next assignment, and get back to regular roleplaying, action included! :D

As well as can be expected with strong moments of real happiness and sadness while all this goes on. We are living in serious history (or "interesting times" if you prefer the Chinese way of looking at it).

How are you, Parrot?

I'm doing fine. It's a bit surreal having school at home instead of the campus, especially when it starts raining outside.

Right now it's just boring. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, just staying at home wondering what to eat and what game to play next.

The real problem will be in a month from now, or two-months, when we realize in just how much shit we are. Regardless of whether the pandemic is over or not, the recession that will follow (and is already starting to follow), will be pretty bad. So I lost my job, but even though I could just go back to it won't meant anything if there's nothing to go back to. Right now I'm just surviving for a few months, but at some point I'll probably have to look for another job, and given the tens/hundreds of thousands of people in my position it won't be easy.

So the future is uncertain at best... Pretty grim, so I just try not to think about it until I'll have to. I don't have high hopes *whine*

Hey guys, so I've cut my post the way I did for dramatic effect - obviously there's more to be said, I'm just going to allow about 48 hours or so in case any of you feel like having their characters step forward and comment and/or ask a related question. Then we'll continue.

Progression-wise, we're just about to wrap up this second part of the council and move on to the third and last, which will outline the next mission as well as allow Parrot to join us ingame.

Stay tuned! *woof*

No worries, Wolf! It's a game not a job. =)

Agreed. No one wants to disappoint someone they care about. As long as I've been involved in this game, you have never "let me down." Far more often than not, you have shown that you care about your players.

I strongly believe no game should be taken so seriously that it starts to feel like a second career. This goes double for games I run. When that happens, it stops being a game and starts becoming a chore. I just can't take that.

For me, there's a big difference between letting somebody down in an entertaining game and letting someone down when they're relying on you outside of the game. Given the ugly choice, I'd rather chance disappointing someone in a game than something more serious involving great consequences. That's just the way it is for me. =)

So yeah. Speaking for myself, you're not letting me down, Wolf. Amaranth, RP Nation's longest-running Hosted Project, has seen much larger breaks than this. I find myself just happy Amaranth is still being played. =)

That's kind of you to say. I know you mean it, but still I can't help but think that, if this were a career, or job, or even just a chore - I'd have been long fired by now lol. Simply caring about something, regardless of how deeply, won't keep you from losing that thing unless you back your feelings up with actions.

On a brighter note... I was going to ask of your intents to post earlier, but in the end decided to just go and move things along myself come night time - only to find that you've all done so! Hah! Seeing all three of you fall together like that made me hopeful and glad that I did nothing to force it ^^

We shall be proceeding towards Parrot's insertion *woof*

Last edited:
The Knight-Commander was done speaking. Now he looked to the eyes of those he mentioned for their answers.
A note to everyone: Now is not the time for timidness and silence, even if some of you don't feel like you are being addressed at first glance. True, Natalis is looking to the leaders of these factions to speak, but the Chosen have no leader - each of you is entitled and likely even expected to speak up. Now's a good time to express any concerns, ask a question, or simply voice your opinion ;) *woof*

I have it open in another tab to remind me still, I just haven't yet. I'll try to get something up today or at most tomorrow!

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr My pardon! I meant to reply to this but I became distracted.

What does Auri know about these Rift Hunters? Are they a human-only group? Are they trustworthy? Do they have any bad run-ins with the drakkar?

Ah. I realize I probably only mentioned them once or twice, including in the book on the Veil - where they are described as an order of mages that seeks out and mends rifts.

They're certainly not a human-only group; their representative at the council only happens to be human (don't forget that humans make up most of the population of Asura, not only Asgard, making them very likely to be encountered wherever you go). They are considered highly trustworthy, mostly owing to the fact that they do not participate in politics nor take sides in conflicts. They are an arcane order made up of select, highly trained volunteers whose sole purpose is to guard the Veil. Essentially, they're a mortal-run Hellguard, formed a long time ago.

They have frequent run-ins with groups and individuals that seek to create Rifts and interact with demons. They campaigned heavily against the drakkar dragon cults, while they existed. Nowadays, most of their enemies are actually found among their fellow humans. Auri would know all this, as should the other party members. None of it is secret, though the Rifthunters are still seen as somewhat mystical because they simply don't socialize much with others. Our own Battojutsu likely knows all this as well, despite being a foreigner, since he belongs to the Demonhunters, an equivalent organization in Yamatai far to the west (though that order is technically under direct command of the emperor).

The Rifthunters' presence at the war council is almost certainly exclusively owing to the fact that Ilhirel is an otherworldly intruder who pretty much personifies all that the Rifthunters stand against. If this had been a common revolution or rebellion, between mortals, the Rifthunters would never have gotten involved.

I hope that answers your questions! *woof*

Mhm. It actually feels really good to see a new face posting in-character. It's just not the same as making preparations via PM or even when they join OOC. The IC posts are different, and the first one is always special! Glad to really have you aboard, Parrot, and well done so far! *woof*

Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon I wish you'd join us here more often. How about following Kaerri's example and throwing in a hip hip hurray? You don't need to do it thrice if you're too shy 😊
Oh, and, sorry for not waiting for your post before moving on with the war council. I sensed that, given Asher's personality, he wouldn't be one to make his voice heard anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong! *woof*

edit: forgot to add, our map would now look like this - not that we need one, but just to make it easier to keep track of everyone who is actually present at the moment
edit2: pretend there's a table in the middle
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
And the angels, Wolf? Where are they standing? Also, concerning Carn, I am trying to determine what a 350-year-old Drakkar like Auri can tell about Carn given ParrotParfait's post. I don't want to go too far in understanding what Auri should know about such an odd-seeming fellow Drakkar. What are you comfortable with Auri knowing at this stage of first impression?

Yes, Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait ! Good first post! Glad to have you with us!

And the angels, Wolf? Where are they standing?
😶

I have honestly and completely forgot about them, hahaha 😅 Probably because I was just rearranging the old image, and they hadn't showed up yet. Welp. They are definitely still present, some center-left perhaps, I'll edit them in next time. If anyone has any standing arrangements they'd like to point out, pertaining to your own characters, speak up! I used some common sense (like guessing that Maggie would stay next to Auri etc), but I by no means meant to take away anyone's choice.

In regards to Auri and Carn... What has made Auri conclude that he is an odd-seeming Drakkar? 😇

I can't really tell you much yet. There is nothing particularly betraying about his appearance. Except that he is taller than the average drakkar, a little more than Auri in fact. But he's definitely in excellent shape, perhaps even stronger than most drakkar though it's hard to tell since he's wearing clothes. Other than that, the implications of him being here should speak for themselves. He wouldn't be here unless he were important enough to be invited, and apparently Natalis himself has requested his presence... (you will likely learn a lot more very soon).

That said, Parrot, would you care to update us on what Carn is wearing? I know we've talked about it, but I don't believe we actually reached a decision? Remind me if we did. Typically, I would make sure to reflect this in his Appearance tab in the character sheet, but as you all know I am still in the process of redesigning those... *woof*

Ah, he's wearing the typical Resistance uniform just for this occasion. I'm fairly certain that Natalis would have asked Carn directly to not wear his usual attire.

Edit: A rather surprising decision considering the great deliberation I gave on this point xD

If anyone has any standing arrangements they'd like to point out, pertaining to your own characters, speak up!

I'm good! Auri is beside Maggie where he wants to be! =)

What has made Auri conclude that he is an odd-seeming Dr

Is that a figurative question for the sake of silliness (hee hee!) or would you like an answer to it? =)

Ah, he's wearing the typical Resistance uniform just for this occasion.

The Resistance has uniforms? What do they look like, please?

EDIT: I continue to love the maps you provide! 8D

Is that a figurative question for the sake of silliness (hee hee!) or would you like an answer to it? =)
I wasn't seriously asking because I didn't expect there to be a real answer... But if there is, I'd like to know. Because I'm not seeing it, so you'd be one step ahead of me, lol.

The Resistance has uniforms? What do they look like, please?
Oh, Maker... Another one.

I just finished explaining this to Parrot in a PM. He also sounded really interested. Are you sure you two aren't ganging up on me? :P

The truth is, I didn't want to be too specific on this. Because knowing myself, I would end up searching the internet for hours on end, researching military uniforms, comparing with fantasy worlds, other people's ideas, and so forth - and in the end for all this effort there would be a tiny benefit to having described our Resistance's uniform in moderate detail once or twice. So I thought I'd listen to my lazy self and take a pass, this time.

Then I wanted to explain it. But then something occurred to me - this is an underground movement we are talking about. They can't really commission a steady supply of actual uniforms, can they? There would be a lot of civilian-like clothes, perhaps adjusted and patched up in some way to try and pass it off as something more professional. On the other hand, since the Resistance was made up of former Royal Army members, many of them would have still had their old uniforms, along with armor, and those would certainly be more motivated to maintain them.

It also depends on what parts of the Resistance we are talking about. The soldiers who see the most fighting probably go through too much armor and clothes to be able to reliably keep a uniform. So they'd be pretty colorful. Especially the volunteers who joined later. Then you have higher-placed guards and officers, all ex army types, some of whom barely saw fighting or not at all - for them it would be no problem not to look presentable. A good example is the staff at Tyr's Retreat, all of whom are quite a shining symbol of the old Royal Army.

I think we'd do better in describing what types of armor people are wearing, overall. Chainmail and various kinds of leather armor would be most common. The average Resistance fighter, particularly the non-original members, would simply look like armored fighters. If you saw one, you could tell they weren't City Watch or Royal Army - but they could pass off for mercenaries as easily as brigands or adventurers. On the other hand, the veteran ex army guys could easily be mistaken for the current serving Royal Army, at least those who still retain a semblance of their uniforms.

But at the same time, it's not like half of the Resistance is ill-equipped. They have many allies and supporters, some facilities of their own, even. There's - uh, what was I saying?

Ugh. Sorry, it's late, I'm tired, and I can only hope that I just made some sense. Let me know if there's still any questions. Or send help.

*woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back