What's new

Experiences Literate or Script?

(I'm sorry if my English isn't that good, English is not my first language) I've always preferred script/dialogue rps instead of literate rps (but I'm okay with lit rps too), it's more of not being able to write long paragraphs and I feel guilty when I don't reply as long as the other person. But from my experience, most people I've roleplayed with preferred literate rps. So which one do you prefer, and why?

So I’m not quite sure what you mean by script/dialogue role plays.

Do you mean written like a screenplay? For instance :

Character A: “Piece of dialogue”
Character B: “Replies to dialogue”
Character A: “New dialogue”

And so on?

I am going to assume you mean novella style for literature. Where you write a post in paragraph form like a book?

Again I don’t know what script is but the reason I write in paragraphs is pretty much because that’s how I was taught to roleplay.

I didn’t realize there were other ways to roleplay until I had already been doing it for like two years.

By that point I was just more comfortable with writing in paragraphs. Plus the other methods seemed harder.

I didn’t use instant messenger services so “chat” style, where you basically wrote text messages in character was out.

I am not good with poetry do writing poetry style was out.

Now I think about it there were a few written like screenplays/movie scripts. I didn’t like reading them so I didn’t join.

I mean I don’t necessarily think any alternatives are wrong or bad. I just was taught a different way and I’m not good at writing differently

Onmyoji

Unyielding Resolve
I prefer paragraph style rp. I like to describe what the character things on top of what they say.

Chat rp are also fun in a way and I do that from time to time, but usually they're 1x1 with already established rp partners and are more like in-character chat that we do for fun. I don't consider that a serious rp.

Well those are called either one liner or chat roleplays in this site. There are a few people who use that style that you can work with.

As for myself as I said I don’t use instant messengers enough to feel comfortable in that style.

I’m also not active enough. Those work best when you can respond multiple times a day and I respond more like once a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)