• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Link :: START [a supernatural sci-fi roleplay] (OPEN|ACCEPTING)

thespectacularstorm

Mistress of the Elements
  • Prelude
    With the world on the decline after recent outbreaks, a company once hidden from the society has decided it was time to put the human race back on top. Between frequent wars, monsters emerging from the shadows, and anything else popping up out of science-fiction, there was no chance to survive. People simply weren’t equipped with their current advancements to combat everything that was coming at them. Cities were beginning to crumble, citizens who once lived happy lives now lived in shelters or camps for protection. It was a sorry sight to see after being considered the apex predator for so long.

"When humanity is lost in the dark, TORCH will light the way. Enroll now into the blaze program at our illustrious school and we'll guarantee the safety of you and your loved ones. Apply to . . . on . . . and become one of the hundred candidates we will be accepting! The future is your hands; grasp it."

In a time where all faith was lost, Dr. Emil Keflum opened his doors to the world. What better way to get test subjects than to disguise a science facility as a boarding school. A few years were spent beforehand constructing a college campus around the facility before it was finally ready for broadcasting. Its completion was at a perfect time when society was just desperate enough to grasp for whatever lifeline they could. So, a public announcement was made through every station, paper, and website they could reach to apply to a very in-depth placement form. A program for young adults willing to change the world in exchange for wealth and protection was in full effect. It was hope in the eyes of many; a chance for the human race to take their lives to the next level in order to survive. An opportunity of a lifetime for the chosen few and their families to be well endowed for their participation. People were implored to volunteer through media as a tribute for their families but mostly for the promised rewards of being in the upper echelon of society. It was the equivalent of being the first astronaut in space or the first sailor to chart the seas.

Who didn't want to go down in history as the savior of humanity?
    Overview
    Welcome to New Dawn Academy, home to the hundred students selected to lead this world into the next era. Here students learn basic college courses to enhance their education, how to use the Blaze system, and their newfound powers that come with it to fight against the threats of the world and save humanity. What circumstances led them to enroll in the program were deemed inconsequential once accepted. What mattered was those applicants were chosen to move to a remote location set up like an extravagant boarding school, as far as the press was told, to dedicate their lives to training. As far as anyone knew, it was just that, a boarding school with strange extracurriculars and the promise of a new life. The facility the subjects were placed in was so far outside the reach of the public hidden strategically with technology and natural terrain. They had little to no contact with their loved ones and were not permitted to speak of the program outside of campus grounds. Some were beginning to say those people no longer existed with their sudden 'disappearance' after receiving that acceptance letter in the mail. They thought they were kidnapped or forced to leave in some way. Though the families of those people would say otherwise, "They all left with a smile on their face that day."

For how long that will last, that's entirely up to you.
    Story *

Story
Rules
Links
Blaze Link . . . Online
Copyrighted and sponsored by TORCH. No part of this production may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission from Dr. Keflum. All other affliates are void until further notice.
code by Nano

Last edited:
I like the idea that "Soulmates" in this context is more like a Soul Counterpart/companion. That maybe over time it was changed to mean 'true love' either by miss translation or often times these Soul Companions did end up together.

I also would like to know what supernatural beings would be in this. Are we talking more like demons and monsters you'd find in a TTRPG like D&D/Pathfinder, or more like Vampires and wendigos in our own Mythology? Or both.

Obviously you got my interest peeked. :)

I love the look of this, and will register my interest!
Thank you!

I like the idea that "Soulmates" in this context is more like a Soul Counterpart/companion. That maybe over time it was changed to mean 'true love' either by miss translation or often times these Soul Companions did end up together.

I also would like to know what supernatural beings would be in this. Are we talking more like demons and monsters you'd find in a TTRPG like D&D/Pathfinder, or more like Vampires and wendigos in our own Mythology? Or both.

Obviously you got my interest peeked. :)
Thank you! That's not ENTIRELY what I was going for but that's a really good take on it 😳 It's definitely bonding but that could be either platonic or romantic depending on what you and your partner want. It's a lot more sciencey than like supernatural. It will definitely develop over time and what they think about it will change and evolve with the story!

As for the monsters and creatures it's a wide range of things that I will also take recommendations on! Ancient 'evils', general mythology, random creatures like trolls and zombies and goblins. It's not entirely a limited source. Maybe even aliens!

I am very interested :)
Also I would love to suggest taking some inspiration from the Alien Universe and maybe making Xenomorphic creatures that take on traits of their host or something similar. Very sci-fi thriller horror

Ahh thank you everyone for taking interest in this! I'll be working on lore tonight and HOPEFULLY I can get it up either tonight or in the morning. I think I should be able to get character sheets up tonight though. Thank you so much for your patience 🥺

Hello friends! Unfortunately, the lore page will not be up until tomorrow because I am far too tired but I do have the CS ready for everyone to look over so you can begin thinking about your characters. I'm taking this as a step-by-step process rather than doing it all at once so please, bear with me ^^ I've also created a temporary OOC thread for those of you who want to talk while I set everything up still.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Yellow Swan Yellow Swan miyabi miyabi erzulie erzulie Spiderverse Spiderverse Spencypoo Spencypoo Top11 Top11 MariahMoon MariahMoon Heterological Heterological jasper the hunny bunny jasper the hunny bunny Abyss Abyss

Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that the lore page has been put up and the discord is now fully up and running! I hope you give everyone a look over and as always, if there are any questions I am more than happy to assist C:

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Yellow Swan Yellow Swan miyabi miyabi erzulie erzulie Spiderverse Spiderverse Spencypoo Spencypoo Top11 Top11 MariahMoon MariahMoon Heterological Heterological jasper the hunny bunny jasper the hunny bunny Abyss Abyss kakemha kakemha

ATTENTION ATTENTION

Hello, thank you so much for taking interest in this group idea! I hope we can all come together and work together as a unit to create this story. That being said, I'm putting the deadline for character sheets to be this coming Monday 8/30 so exactly a week from today. That will be both the deadline for characters and the tentative start of the roleplay.

If your character is ready for review and I haven't seen it then please dm me. If I feel you need to change some information for approval then I will dm you. If you have any questions-- MY DMS ARE OPEN. Please remember while creating characters to remain within the theme of the rp and that all of them are normal humans. They won't be showing or having any special attributes (yet) outside the use of their link. More information on the initial setup will be revealed later in the week or when more characters have been approved. You'll know your completed character has been approved when you've been added to the roster and have a character channel specifically for you.

Also, keep in mind I reserve the right to approve or deny characters or abilities I do not believe would fit in with the story being aimed for. Not to say that you won't have a chance to alter things or go for another idea.

Thanks again for your time and good luck !

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Yellow Swan Yellow Swan miyabi miyabi erzulie erzulie Spiderverse Spiderverse Spencypoo Spencypoo Top11 Top11 MariahMoon MariahMoon Heterological Heterological jasper the hunny bunny jasper the hunny bunny Abyss Abyss kakemha kakemha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back