• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lingering Darkness

Church418

Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
Greetings!

I've been on and off of this site for a few years now, and I want to try a one on one roleplay in place of the group play I'm more accustomed to.

I'm generally accustomed to playing the villain or an evil/ heavily flawed character. For this plot I'm looking for a RPer to fill a female role. It's entirely possible this could turn into a group RP as well, now that I think on it. We'll see who is interested.

I know it's long but I put together a historical battle that sets the scene and tone to my idea. Hopefully you'll have time to read through it.

The plot:
The world has been, and always will be, led by Affinities. Supernatural beings that exist as avatars for emotions and elements. Today, powerful Affinities of Light, and some other disciplines, work alongside humans in peace. However, Legend speaks of a much darker period of history when humanity was almost entirely wiped out by an Affinity of Darkness. Aeden....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The howling of the black void whisked around Aedan in a never-ending cycle. The chains of Light that had been placed upon him gripped his wrists, ankles, and waist in a stubborn vice, refusing to let go. Aurora had sentenced him to eternity in submission, placing him forward with his knees to his chest and his arms outstretched onto the floor. Forever bowing. Open wounds from his previous battle burned his skin, as if he had been afflicted only moments ago. A glowing ward pulsed around him, forever blockading the darkness he might absorb to heal, or escape.

Such things were made to break the mind of a human, or other lesser being. Aedan was beyond such novice forms of torture. He had been in chains and seclusion for centuries, though, he had only actually experienced his current state for brief moments every few years. Meditation was his secret.

For centuries Aedan had meditated. Relived those parts of his life from a wiser, more experienced, perspective. This time in seclusion had, in truth, been one of the more enjoyable experiences of his immortal life. But alas, he was beginning to replay sections of his life he had already mulled over hundreds of times. He had, in his mind, corrected every mishap and decision in ignorance he had made during his time of rule. One day of his life, however, was the most exciting he had experienced thus far.

The day he fell to the other affinities, and lost his freedom……

Aedan sat perfectly perpendicular atop his throne in Knightadale. Eyes gazing menacingly in thought. They were here, at his borders, and they were ready for war.

The doors of the throne room burst open and three humans, adorned in black robes, threw themselves upon the floor in front of Aedan. “Sire!” The cultist in the middle exclaimed. “Forgive our grievous and abrupt entrance into your chambers..”

“Speak. Now.” Aedan interrupted.

“Yes my Lord, a massive force…” The cultist paused in thought. “Nay. An Army! Has amassed outside our gates!”

“And the Darkspawn say they have five Affinities here for support.” Another cultist added.

As if on que, a blinding beam of light tore across the castle ceiling, tearing open the masonry and exposing the afternoon sky. The cultists covered their heads and ducked in fear, as Aedan laughed at their cowardice.

“Get up you pathetic mongrels!” Aedan ordered. “Their arrival has done nothing but…accelerate our plans.” Aedan took a second to consider his next move, then rose from his throne. “Wait here, I’ve got an army to slaughter.”

No sooner had Aedan finished that sentence, than did he appear before the army that stood at his gates. In unison, the first ranks of the human army gasped and took a step back, raising their shields and weapons. Aedan erupted in a menacing laugh. “Truly! Only humans could make an army of such numbers appear weak and inferior.”

As reported, five Affinities appeared before him. Some strode up to him, others appeared from an ethereal form. Aedan recognized each of them instantly:

Aurora, a proclaimed Warrior and Guardian of the Light. She adorned a solid and charismatic suit of armor, exclaiming many symbols and jewels. Her great sword stood taller than the tallest human and shined bright with glory. Her armor and weapon had been tempered and enchanted at the Forge of Lights. Her golden blonde hair fell perfectly over her left shoulder, as her sapphire eyes glared into his dark soul. She was the one who, undoubtedly, fired the beam of Light at his castle.

Aaron, a Speaker for the Light. Supposedly, one who could interpret the Light and control Its properties. Unlike Aurora, Aaron chose a more humble appearance. A robe with many inscriptions and a katana made of Barklight, a rare tree found only in the realm of Light. He too had blonde hair and blue eyes, that give off more of a concerned appearance rather than one of anger.

Asha, Affinity of Peace. Her features spoke to more of a wise, compassionate entity. Her almond hair was adjoined by silver streaks which spoke to her age. A sleeveless gown made of many of Earth’s flora covered her. A long bow, pulsing with life, sat sheathed across her back.

Allesian, Affinity of the Arcane. Known to be the keeper of all magical knowledge on the planet and, to some extent, believed to know even Dark magic. If the latter was to be believed at all, Allesian would’ve had to stain his own soul with Darkness to perform it’s rituals. Which means his presence here was for much more than just Aedan’s destruction. In his ethereal form, it was hard to make out his exact features. But from previous encounters, Aedan knew he was the oldest of them all. A thick white mustache fell to join an even thicker, longer beard.

Alexander, the Keeper of Balance. He stood at 7 feet, bald and bare-chested, with slacks and sandals as his only clothing. He was armed with no weapons, but was proficient with every major form of martial arts known to man, and some known only by the god’s. Alexander’s presence was most curious indeed. Typically, affinities of balance and neutrality refrained from taking sides. On one occasion, Aedan had even held a cordial conversation with Alexander.

“So!” Aedan exclaimed, breaking the silence. He turned and extended his right arm to Knightadale, presenting it. “Like what I’ve done with the place?” Neither of the Affinities responded, except Aurora, whose face began to twist in anger. Aedan decided to continue pushing buttons. “Yes yes, I know,” Aedan continued putting up his hands in mocking apology. “The red sky is quite the eye sore, but, what can a King do? The humans do, in fact, bleed excessively.”

Breaking Aedan’s monologue, Aurora spoke up. “Your days of rule, or of even living, is nearing an end, demon.” She strode close to Aedan, so that their faces were nearly touching. “You are hopelessly out matched. Today, you WILL pay for your many atrocities.”

Aedan chuckled and leaned closer to her, eyes glaring into hers. “You seem quite confident about that.” He replied. A few seconds of silence passed before Aedan spoke again. “But, such displays of confidence fall short, when you require the aid from four other immortals and an army of bottom feeders.” Aedan formed a condescending grin as Aurora began to seethe in anger. “It will devastate your human masters that much more, Aurora, after all of you die. Here. Today. By my very hand.”

“No one has to die here today, Aedan.” Asha said matter-of-factly. Interrupting the exchange. “You and your dark creations have marched across this world. Countless innocent victims you have claimed during your onslaught.”

Aedan began pacing back and forth, basking in Asha's words.

“Indeed, you have much to answer for.” Asha continued. “Your greatest sin lies as a testament, directly behind you. Aedan, look at me.” Asha said, remaining in place. As Aedan’s eyes met hers, she spoke again. “The time for bloodshed had ended. Let today mark, not another bloody day, but a day of forgiveness. And peace.”

Suddenly, a male human broke from the ranks of his company. “Ugh, enough! All you Affinities do is talk in endless babble. You!” the human exclaimed, pointing at Aedan with his sword. “Today, YOU die with….” Before he could finish, the man gripped his throat and began choking. Blood poured out of his mouth, then erupted, before he collapsed onto the ground.

Aedan let his hand fall back by his side, as he strode to the corpse, examining his work. “Let this be a warning, to all of you pathetic weaklings, to the repercussions of speaking out of turn. You are in the presence of gods, and you will act accordingly.”

“Then allow me to take my turn, demon.” Said another human male, stepping forward between the other Affinities. This one older in appearance. Aedan slowly strode toward the man, with full intention of killing him, until he spoke again. “I am General Nassar, Commander of the forces you see before you.”

Aedan couldn’t hold back a laugh at the man’s arrogance. “Really?” Aedan said, dumbfounded at the situation. “A General, no less, has decided to make himself known, and exposed, to the enemy.” Aedan chuckled. “I will give you human’s one thing, I never have the same experience twice.”

“We give you two options, Aedan.” The General said, ignoring his monologue. “One: You, and whatever forces you have behind those gates, disarm and surrender. Any human servants you house will be judged by us. You, however, will be granted a trial by your peers. The Affinities you see before you.”

Aedan let out a guffaw. “Well played, General.” Aedan interrupted, examining the Army before him. “You acknowledge that my being tried by humans would be an insult to my name, so you thought adding that little nugget to this…” Aedan paused in pretend thought. “What is this supposed to be again? Ah yes, a negotiation. You thought that would give you better odds of me standing down without obliterating your Army here today.” Aedan laughed and nodded. “Got it, and what, my fair General, might my second option be?”

“You will die.” The General replied, without pause. “And from this day forth the very mention of your name will be punishable by death. Every record of your existence and….accomplishments. Will be stricken from every historical text and scroll. You will be forgotten.”

Aedan glanced at the other Affinities. He could tell they were already prepped for a violent response. Indeed, Aedan found this man’s arrogance offensive, but also highly amusing. “Interesting options, General, but allow me to give you two options of my own!” With the snap of his fingers, 10,000 snarling Darkspawn filled the battlespace behind him. The soldiers and Affinities drew their weapons, and prepared for battle. “You see, I’ve had centuries to build this Army.” Aedan snapped his fingers again, and 10,000 more Darkspawn appeared. “I would have marched upon your capitals and burned your villages, destroying all your Armies along the way.” Aedan continued snapping his fingers, and more and more Darkspawn appeared. When the ground was filled, Darkspawn with wings began filling the skies. 20,000 / 50,000/ 100,000 / 500,000. The numbers never seemed to stop growing. “But now, General, you have brought all of your Armies to me, so that I may end all of it. Right here.” Finally, it seemed Aedan had finally finished summoning his Army. He strode towards the General and the Affinities. “Like you, General, I can be diplomatic. Here are YOUR two options. One: You, the Affinities, and your Army shall kneel before me, now, and pledge utter fealty to me. Under my complete control, all of you will march across the world and cut down all who would oppose me, without prejudice.” Before Aedan spoke again, his eyes began burning red. The Darkness in his soul began to surround him, forming into a menacing suit of armor with an evil and intimidating head piece. His voice shifted to a demonic guttural, that spoke in harsh tongues. “And here is your second option, human!” With a flick of his wrists, dark chains sprang from the ground and wrapped themselves around the General’s head and ankles, elevating him to the sky for all to see. “You will all die a bloody and painful death, here, today. All historical records will speak only of the foolish and cowardly General that died with dishonor before his men even raised their swords against me. Now. General. What is your decision?”

The Darkspawn behind Aedan roared in laughter and excitement. The feast of flesh that stood before them was almost too tempting to resist. Their barks and snarling struck fear into the hearts of the soldiers.

Aurora took steps towards Aedan and took up a striking stance, her great sword beaming in anticipation. “Release him! Now! You may think those drooling abominations make up a great Army, but I can incinerate thousands of them at a time, with only a swing from my sword!”

“Yes!” Aedan replied in excitement. “And I hope you do, giving me plenty of free reign to slaughter your human masters.”

Aurora growled and screamed in anger. “I said release him! NOW!”

“Very well!” Aedan replied in equal volume, their verbal fight echoing through the area. “Chains of Darkness! Release the General…” Aedan looked down at Aurora, his face twisting into a malicious grin. “..from this life.”

In a rapid motion, the chains ripped the Generals body into two halves, spilling intestines, blood, and bones upon the ground. As if on que, the Darkspawn charged past Aedan and began assaulting the human Army. A Great Axe appeared in Aedan’s hands, tempered with Black Steel in the Dark Armory. With an opening shout, Aedan smashed the ground with his axe. Sending a shockwave before him, catching the Affinities off guard, and sending them reeling backwards. Except Aurora, who engaged Aedan immediately.

Wings extended on either side of Aurora, and her sapphire eyes had shifted to pure Light energy, spilling out of the sockets. With strength, experience, and hate on both sides. Aedan and Aurora fought, interlocked, with no progress on either side. Aurora struck, and Aedan parried. Aedan countered, and Aurora dodged. Each missed strike sending shockwaves of energy in all directions. Killing Darkspawn and humans, or destroying city walls. Finally, Aaron, the Light speaker, showed up to Aurora’s aid.

Aedan glanced at the warring Armies, and saw the Asha, Alexander, and Allesian were aiding the hopelessly outmatched human force. Aurora and Aaron now stood before him. “Come then, creatures of the Light.” Aedan said in a demonic guttural. He stood upright and pointed his axe towards them in defiance. “Let us end this, once and for all!” Several black longswords appeared around Aedan, and shot out like missiles towards the affinities.

Aaron sprung to action, opened his palm, and fired spheres of pure light towards the swords. Five of his seven shots found their mark, while the other two raced towards him. Aaron, stepped back to defend himself, but Aurora stepped in front of him. Deflecting the remaining two swords with ease.

Aedan clenched his axe in anger, and vaulted towards the two affinities. His landing shook the earth around him, cracking the stone and creating a crater on his point of impact.

Aurora and Aaron dodged this as well, however, by taking flight milliseconds before the impact.

Now on Aedan’s left and right, Aurora and Aaron attacked simultaneously. Aaron called down fragments of the stars that rained down on Aedan like meteors, the size of church bells. The burning star fragments pelted Aedan on all sides.

Aedan focused on one falling star, prepared himself, and swung with all his might at a fragment that fell between him and Aaron. Aedan’s axe hit the meteor directly at it’s center, and it was sent in a blur towards Aaron, who didn’t have time to react.

The star hit Aaron, and sent him tumbling into the sky.

Before Aedan could react, three rapid strikes hit his back sending him falling forward. Aedan rolled with the blows, and turned to see Aurora in a white-hot in fury. She struck hard and fast, breaking through Aedan’s dodges and parries putting him on the defensive. Each strike seemed harder than the last, and Aedan began to burn the rage. With a shout, he swung his axe left and right with all his strength. Aurora dodged each one, and countered with strikes that were finding their mark. In a blossoming rage, Aedan dropped his axe and grabbed Aurora’s arm. The sudden action from Aedan took her off guard as he swung her around his head and threw her into the nearby cliff. The momentum broke the stone around Aurora, causing a deadly cliff-side collapse that send boulders tumbling into the warring armies. Dark energy surrounded Aedan as he summoned a giant flail, directly from his armory. Aurora fell from the cliff, leaving an outline of her body in the stone. Building momentum, Aedan swung the flail around his head one time, and sent it towards Aurora, ready to finish her off.

Before finding its target, the flail hit a magical shield that deflected the attacked. Aedan turned to see that Allesian had broken away from his fight to summon the shield. Aedan roared at the winged Darkspawn, and motioned toward Allesian. Hundreds of thousands of Darkspawn swarmed Allesian like ants. His arcane knowledge killed thousands before they reached him, but there were too many. Allesian disappeared under a sea of Darkspawn. Aedan belted a maniacal laugh, before turning to finish off the weakened Aurora.

Suddenly, a glimmer of Light in the sky caught Aedan’s attention. He had no time to react as Aaron fell upon him in a blur of Light energy, and struck the ground by Aedan.

The attack was devastating. Destroying 50% of Knightadale’s walls and sending Aedan tumbling across the ground. After finally skidding to a halt, Aedan stood to find he was now several hundred meters away from all the fighting.

Aaron brought Aurora up to her feet, and together they took to the skies after Aedan to expound upon their attack.

In a show of pure strength, Aedan screamed and launched the Flail at Aurora, who barreled out of the way. The flail continued through the sky and crushed a formation of humans upon its landing. Aedan growled, and once Aurora was close enough to the ground, he summoned Chains of Darkness from the earth to ground her.

Aurora spun forward and dodged the first couple chains, but Aedan had summoned many more. Chains wrapped themselves all over Aurora’s body and brought her violently to the ground.

Aaron shot forward, with all of his strength, and struck Aedan with his Katana.

But Aedan’s rage had reached levels of great danger. In a swift motion, Aedan grabbed Aaron’s katana, mid swing, and used it instead to strike Aaron to the ground. With the heel of his armored foot, Aedan snapped the Katana in two. Aedan grabbed Aaron and began a series of brutal and surgical strikes, with his fists, into Aarons mid-section. Aedan followed up with an elbow to the stomach and a knee to the face.

Aaron collapsed backwards, and fell into the dusty earth.

“Aaron!” Aurora exclaimed, struggling with the chains.

With a grin, Aedan grabbed Aarons neck with his left hand and raised him to the sky. With his right, Aedan summoned the Black Iron, two-handed axe.

“No!” Aurora cried out.

Aedan shot a glance at Aurora, and gleamed. “Yes.” Aedan coldly replied. Aedan tossed Aaron into the air, grabbed the axe, twirled in one counter-clockwise rotation, and struck Aaron with all of his strength.

Aaron was sent through the skies, Light pouring out of him like blood, and landed near the human army that was still engaged with Darkspawn.

The humans looked upon Aaron in horror, as the life left his body. Glancing up, they saw Aedan standing and Aurora bound in chains. “Your end draws near, humans!” Aedan announced. “Your death will be long and painful!”

“Retreat!” A handful of humans screamed. A portion of the human army broke off and ran in all directions.

“And now. To finish you.” Aedan said turning to Aurora as she struggled in futility against the chains. Aedan summoned a longsword over Aurora’s neck and paused with blade touching her skin. “Beg for your life, and I may yet spare you.”

Aurora tilted her head back and spat in his direction. “I would sooner bed with one of your Darkspawn, than submit to you.”

Aedan erupted in laughter at her defiance. “I admire your stubbornness, Aurora. But today it will end your life.” Aedan brought his hand to bear and was about to bring it down when a series of blows to his back knocked him forward. Aedan whirled around to see Asha standing at a distance, bow in hand. “Ah, Asha!” Aedan exclaimed. “I was wondering when you would show up to fight.”

Asha dropped her bow and gazed into Aedan’s soul. “I’m not going to fight you, Aedan.” She said, awaiting his response.

“Hmm.” Aedan replied in surprise. “Very well then.” Aedan summoned two Chains of Darkness that wrapped around Asha’s neck. The chains squeezed her throat and dragged her to the ground.

“Asha!” Aurora wailed. “Fight back! What are you doing?!”

Aedan laughed as the two affinities struggled helplessly around him. “Even together, you stood no match for my strength.” Aedan growled. “I offered you servitude, and you declined. Now you will pay the price for your arrogance.”

“Aedan.” Asha rasped, the chains choking her. “For centuries, I have lifted the Darkness out of the hearts of humans. Those who come to me seeking peace, have always received it.”

Aedan chuckled. “Fear not, Asha. I will give these humans peace. Peace of mind, knowing that if they serve me without fail, the lives of their families and themselves will be spared. They will have only one purpose in life. Serve me, or die trying.”

Asha gulped, sucking in what air she could. “I see…..your Darkness. Aedan.” Asha’s eyes began to bulge as the chains further constricted around her. “Allow me….to…free you…of it…”

Aedan reeled back as an indescribable pain struck his mind. He dropped his weapon and fell backwards onto the ground. “Gahh!” Aedan shouted. “What are you doing!?”

“Cleansing….your…soul..” Asha replied.

Aedan writhed on the ground as his life force drained from him. Aedan sat up, and constricted the chains around Asha’s neck to lethal levels. But Asha held firm. Her body began to shake from the pressure, but she did not stop.

Finally, the chains fell from Asha’s neck and the chains that held Aurora, also fell away. Aurora crawled to Asha, not having the strength to stand. Aedan desperately summoned every piece of weaponry he had access to, and sent them flying wildly toward Asha. With Asha in danger, Aurora rose to her feet, and deflected the weapons with her sword. The sounds of war were still echoing in the distance as Asha continued to drain the Darkness from Aedan.

Asha gripped her head as Aedan’s Darkness began to bear down on her. She fell to one knee, and continued channeling. “My darkness.” Aedan said with a shaken voice. “Is too much for you.” Asha screamed as horrifying images from Aedan’s onslaughts played out in her mind. The dungeons of torture, the horrifying creations, and the countless people murdered. Tears streamed down Asha’s face, but she continued pressing. The Darkness began seeping out Asha’s eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. The sheer volume was overtaking her.

“Asha.” Aurora said, holding her. “You need to stop. This is killing you.”

“It’s necessary.” Asha replied, voice breaking from the pain. “There is no other way.”

Over an hour passed and, finally, Aurora noticed the dark energy surrounding Aedan fall away, revealing his exposed torso. Aurora grabbed her sword, walked to Aedan, and in one clean swing, sliced a clean cut from his naval to his upper-torso. She pulled Aedan upright, turned him facing away from her, and tore an equally long and deep cut along his spine. He dropped onto the ground, the Light searing his skin. Aurora looked back to Asha and cried out when she saw her lying in a pool a Dark energy. Aurora ran to her, Dark energy still oozing out of her. Aurora covered Asha in a blanket of Light and began reciting a resurrection, but the Light refused. Asha’s body had been forever tainted. She had given the ultimate sacrifice.

Righteous fury overcame Aurora as she glanced back towards Aedan, who was lying where she had left him. Storming over, she grabbed Aedan by his hair and pulled him to his feet. The life was leaving his eyes as well. “No.” she said, “A death this quick is a mercy, which you don’t deserve.”

Aurora’s eyes lit up as Alexander approached them, his body covered in dark blood. “The battle has been won then?” Aurora inquired, eyes searching Alexander’s in anticipation.

Alexander glanced down Aedan, and then to Asha. “The remaining Darkspawn broke ranks and fled in all directions. You, I, and a handful of humans remain. Allesian fell to the Darkspawn.” Alexander paused, as if calculating the situation. “Aedan Darksorrow is defeated, so I believe the lives were not lost in vain.”

“Even one life.” Aurora said, standing to face Alexander, eyes glaring in anger. “Is too much of a payment for this abomination.” Aurora teleported the three of them down into the darkest corner of Knightadale castle. “And death, Aurora continued, is too sweet a punishment for his sins.”

Aedan felt Aurora throw him forward onto the floor. “I bind you for eternity, in the position you now rest!” Aurora shouted. Chains of Light gripped his ankles, waist, and wrists. “A ward shall be placed around you, to prevent Darkness from reaching you!” Aurora continued. A bright sphere appeared and pulsed around Aedan.

“And I,” Alexander began, stepping forward. “Hereby lock you in time. Wounds never healing, strength never to return, and death never to reach you….”

All historical records of the battle above have been stricken from record and those mortals who lived to see it are long dead. Aurora and her Affinities, alongside humans, have effectively taken hold of the entirety of the known world. Pockets of Darkness still exist, but they are concentrated in heavily controlled areas.

All Affinities require a bond with a human to anchor themselves to this world. Aedan was the only Affinity to achieve this without being bound to a human. It is still a mystery how he accomplished this. However, as it stands now, only a bond with a human can free him from his millennial long imprisonment. But what human would dare?....

Hm. Maybe I could fill your role!? Just send me message. (:

Boi, that story was
giphy.gif

I would love to RP this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back