• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Line breaks not copy/pasting on mobile

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
As the title states, whenever I try to paste any text that contains line breaks into the text box, they get turned into spaces. It's a real pain when it comes to filling CSes.

Few questions. Desktop? Mobile? Tablet? Need to know what device(s) this happens on and browser as well to get a better idea. Are you copy/pasting code? Is RTE off or on? Does the issue happen when you use the quote/reply (which inserts an automatic quote of the post you are responding to)?

Few questions. Desktop? Mobile? Tablet? Need to know what device(s) this happens on and browser as well to get a better idea. Are you copy/pasting code? Is RTE off or on? Does the issue happen when you use the quote/reply (which inserts an automatic quote of the post you are responding to)?
It's mobile, as mentioned in the title. I'm using Chrome, it works when I quote things but I haven't copy/pasted code, and I don't know what RTE is.

RTE stands for Rich Text Editor. Basically it allows you to hit a button to bold text versus typing the bbcode manually to bold something. If you click the cog wheel it swaps between RTE and Raw text input.

So the next question is what are you copy/pasting exactly?

RTE stands for Rich Text Editor. Basically it allows you to hit a button to bold text versus typing the bbcode manually to bold something. If you click the cog wheel it swaps between RTE and Raw text input.

So the next question is what are you copy/pasting exactly?
Yes, I have that on, and it happens with any text I copy and paste from my phone.

Edit: Still happens with RTE off.

Last edited:
Yes, I have that on, and it happens with any text I copy and paste from my phone.

Edit: Still happens with RTE off.
Could you try a test of copy/pasting with the RTE off and only have it as raw input?

Could you try a test of copy/pasting with the RTE off and only have it as raw input?
I've tested it a few times, and it looks like it doesn't work at all with RTE on, and it may or may not work when it's off.

EDIT: Looks like it's happening everywhere on my phone. It's not an issue with the site.

Last edited:
I've tested it a few times, and it looks like it doesn't work at all with RTE on, and it may or may not work when it's off.

EDIT: Looks like it's happening everywhere on my phone. It's not an issue with the site.
I was suspicious some setting got borked somewhere, but wanted to be sure if it was some RTE issue before stating as such. I'm not sure how to resolve that issue on your device, it may have been a borked update from Google because as recent as Jan 2018 they had this problem with copy/pasting on docs and mobile devices it seems. You could try restarting your phone and clearing your phone's history/cache for the browser.

Maybe some screen shots would help see the exact problem?
A screenshot doesn't do much beyond just show there are no line breaks, which we already know is an issue and through talking here it seems to most likely be a device issue than site related. There isn't much we can do if it's their device and it'd be better for them to troubleshoot with the company's tech support. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back