• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lixy

In Denial That I Have an Internet Addiction
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
An ordinary family discovers something strange; their house is exactly 4 inches bigger on the inside than the outside. From there, the house slowly begins to mutate and change until a door that definitely wasn't there before appears. Though the wall it's situated on is undoubtedly an exterior wall, windows and all, the door opens into a hallway that stretches farther than can be seen.
A small team of adventurers, scientists and documentarians venture inside in the hopes of discovering where the hallway leads and what lurks inside.
A semi-spooky semi-freaky little RP inspired by some of my favourite horror media.
There will be lots of opportunities for coming up with strange and creative spaces that just don't quite fit with what we know of reality, lots of interpersonal drama and bonding, and maybe something to be afraid of in the dark.

Some notes;
  • This is very flexible but heavily inspired by House of Leaves, the Backrooms, a little bit of Made in Abyss and just Liminal Spaces in general. You don't have to know what any of those things are, but if you do, they'll give you an idea of the vibe
  • I'd ideally like 3-5 people, but I can be flexible and go higher, depending on who's interested and the needs of the group
  • Strictly 18+ and ideally 21+
  • This won't be overtly supernatural or combat-heavy, but those elements might come up. It's more closely aligned to an unsettling scientific expedition than anything else
  • I would love to have everyone contributing ideas and worldbuilding together to make something utterly unnatural and unique
  • A Discord will probably be made to facilitate worldbuilding, but I'd like to test the waters for interest before diving into something like that

extremely interested!

what would the writing frequency/length requirements for this grp be?

I generally don't put length requirements on posts -- all I ask is that a post adds something. Moving the plot along, interacting with others etc. As for frequency, I'll ask that people respond in reasonable timeframes -- a few days or so -- but obviously life has a way of getting in the way, so that's something we can discuss as a group :)
I'm always open to discussing this sort of thing too, if it's not working for whatever reason!

If you guys are interested, I'll make up the CS thread and we'll see if anyone else is interested in joining after that, otherwise, I think 3 people is enough to do this :)

I'm very interested, but admittedly, I've never done a forum roleplay like this before so I'm not exactly sure how to get started.

I'm very interested, but admittedly, I've never done a forum roleplay like this before so I'm not exactly sure how to get started.
No worries! The first step will be making up a character with a character sheet, which I'm setting up now. Feel free to DM me with any questions if you ever have any, not just related to this RP (:

No worries! The first step will be making up a character with a character sheet, which I'm setting up now. Feel free to DM me with any questions if you ever have any, not just related to this RP (:
I'll try! Where do I usually go to get started with a character? Do I just post it here or in some other thread?

The character thread is up!

candygore candygore Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Cherbole Cherbole

I'll try! Where do I usually go to get started with a character? Do I just post it here or in some other thread?
Characters go into the above thread - you grab the information from the template and fill it out. Feel free to look at some other character threads to see what they look like! Don't feel pressured to use fancy code either, it won't affect anything if you do or don't have it :)
Here's a CS thread from an RP I'm in currently if you want to see what some completed ones look like!

The character thread is up!

candygore candygore Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Cherbole Cherbole

Characters go into the above thread - you grab the information from the template and fill it out. Feel free to look at some other character threads to see what they look like! Don't feel pressured to use fancy code either, it won't affect anything if you do or don't have it :)
Here's a CS thread from an RP I'm in currently if you want to see what some completed ones look like!
Thanks! I'll try to get this done soon! I've been doing RP for a while but have never really tried Forums so my first product might not be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back