• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Like A Record | Spinning Silly Tales of Romance - Inspired By A Retro Playlist (Lazy Lit to Adv Lit)

Discovery

Avery
like a record ♫
♫ you spin me right round, baby, right round
🎵

☺️
As if I needed another reason to love Paul Rudd… This song is way too catchy and I don’t mind having Pete Burns’ unique voice stuck in my head all day. The late 70s-80s seems like such a fun time. Oof!

But in all honesty, I wanted to pivot away from more serious RPs because I have a few on-going and I need to balance with something light-hearted and fun. ^ ^; So here’s my venture into the theatrics of “romance” aka “that dreaded place of apprehension, awkward confessions, mixed signals, and poor timing”. Dun, dun, DUN!

I’m not looking to write anything too dramatic or angsty at the moment so leave those tissues at home. I’m hoping to indulge a little more into the rom-com side of things. Tickle that funny bone. Gimme some plots that are truly stranger than fiction with characters that deal with bizarre and whimsical twists and turns of fate, but eventually have their own happy ending. Let’s play stupid cupid for our characters ‘cause why not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

🖼

XtnG.gif
Is it me you’re looking for?

🔎
If you’re looking to get to know more about me as a partner, you can read my detailed intro from my original search here. 📝 <- Click!

Yup, yup. Essentially, it boils down to creativity, effort, and patience. I’m a creative writer who likes to put effort in writing details and is generally super lax on replies. So I’m looking for someone who can mirror that energy, please and thank you.

I have my specific days when I can post RP replies, usually Tues, Fri, and Sat, and mostly after 6PM. But other than that, I can be online to chat and talk shop sporadically throughout the week. I’ve been good at messaging my partners so far. At least from what I’ve been told. ^ ^;

If I don’t reply within 3-5 days, feel free to nudge me. Or send me a Bat signal. Or call my name three times while facing a mirror in the dark. I might just appear behind you. Boo!

Now onto the good stuff!

🖼

qrRShbF.gif

Just take those old records off the shelf

💡
I usually have music playing when I write so I wrote some unconventional plots with my retro/80s playlist. But I promise that they’re fun! It’s LGBTQ friendly as always. Of course, everything is amenable - from character dynamics to settings and story - as I’m more in favour of seeing where this goes and seeing how far we can take this plot as we collaborate and brainstorm together to make the role-play appealing to both of us. ^ ^

▶️ Track 1: Staying Alive - Bee Gees (Alive x Undead)

▶️ Track 2: Crazy Train - Ozzy Osborne (Rival x Rival)

▶️ Track 3: Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith (Cynic x Optimist)

▶️ Track 4: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee (Idiots in Love/One Shared Brain Cell)

If you want to listen to the songs, click the little play button. It will link you to the music video. Enjoy!

☠️

Alive x Undead

Muse A is a first responder (a profession along the lines of medic/nurse/police officer/firefighter). When responding to a call that they received from Muse B, they got delayed. After finally getting through and making it to the location, they checked on Muse B’s condition quickly. Unfortunately, Muse B is VSA (Vital Signs Absent) and was technically presumed dead. Before handing off Muse B’s body to the coroner, Muse A is scared stiff when Muse B sits up completely upright. But the thing is Muse B still looks dead and upon rechecking their vitals again, the same conclusion arises. How they heck is Muse B seemingly alive? Were they (Muse B) really going to go and just walk out of there like nothing happened?

On the other hand, Muse B feels totally fine and just walks away to continue what they were supposed to be doing that day. In fact, they don’t really realize that they’ve been in an accident until someone else sees their body and shrieks. Unable to think of a better solution, they go back and seek the help of Muse A to sneak out of the hospital morgue. They have to figure out how this happened but their memories are a little fuzzy and as more time passes, they’re starting to forget. And they are starting to get hungry. Suddenly, the people around them start to look like walking pizzas, ready to be devoured. Muse A doesn’t really know when Muse B will snap and time really isn’t on their side.

Or we could do something along the lines of Santa Clarita Diet because Horror Comedy - Yay! Very tongue in cheek humour to those who haven’t seen it. And I’m still kinda in love with the characters, especially Joel being Sheila’s moral compass while she just goes on a wild murder spree because a zombie’s gotta eat!

Video Inspo: 🎥 - Joel & Sheila

🔥

Rival x Rival

What do you get when you have two characters vying for the same antique lamp? One very perplexed genie/djinn and a whole lot of chaos.

Muse A and Muse B, while perfect strangers, have the short end of the stick in life. They are both suffering through hardships and would do anything to turn their luck around. Intro this mystical, magical cirque that made an appearance in their town/city for one night. Caught up in the lights as they try to find their way home, they come across a gypsy stand who’s selling her wares. To gain the favour of passersby, she bellows and calls back to the magical items on her table, including the “mystical lamp that could change your life” or so she claims.

Of course, not having another opportunity pass them by, Muse A and Muse B grab the item simultaneously. It would’ve been a possible “Meet Cute” but neither side wanted to let go. In their loud and physical struggle to see who’ll end up being its owner, they wake up a very tired and somewhat vindictive genie.

As punishment, instead of rewarding them, the genie forces them to work together as partners nonetheless, promising them the dreams and riches they want, if they can survive a year of being married to each other. It’s like sharing a bank account or having tax benefits, both people can benefit from it as long as they’re in agreement. You see, it would’ve been easy if they see eye to eye, but they don’t. They’d be lucky to last ten minutes without breaking into an argument.

Let them be a sassy smart-ass meets hot-tempered jerk who’s forced to work together. We can switch the plot around, of course. We can make them students, co-workers, or anything you might think of. I was just inspired by Aladdin because I watched it with my baby cousin. But I’m good with other scenarios too. Just make it a spicy rivalry please!

Video Inspo: 🎥 - Accidentally in Love (This was my first CDrama and I absolutely love it to pieces! Sorry for the weird translation, but I think the actor and actress still portray the character dynamics well. ^ ^; )

🙈

Tough/Cynic x Adventurous/Optimist

Okay, okay. I have to admit that this is totally fuelled by the Honeybee Inn Dance Scene in the Final Fantasy VII remake in which Cloud cements himself as best girl. Like Aerith, I stan Cloud’s dance skills despite being an awkward, aloof soldier. Also, I think it would be a fun idea to role-play something like this. He he.

I don’t have as concrete of a plot idea as the first two but essentially I think it would be interesting to have this inexpressive/tough muse, Muse A, go through a situation where they have to crossdress/cosplay someone else to protect their smol bean potential love interest, Muse B, who just has that penchant for getting themselves involved in things they really shouldn’t be (aka picking fighting with bullies twice their size or just general mischief).

We could really play around the dynamics whether or not Muse B knows of the Muse A’s identity. If Muse B knew of Muse A’s identity, Muse B can help the disguised Muse A to move around town. They could be friends and mutual pining is an option. If Muse B doesn’t know of Muse A’s secret plan, they’ll likely take kindly to their new protector because they’re just that precious and trusting. Either way, I promise we can make this fun and action-y too, if we involve our characters in fights or some form of danger. It could be a solider protecting a civilian, like Cloud and Aerith, or a undercover agent/assassin (Muse A) trying to get to their target (Muse B). Settings are super open - be it in a modern or fantasy or sci-fi world.

Also, we can always play this reverse trap as well like in Mulan or She’s The Man, where the female is the one in disguise. Stronk women are always so cool!

Video Inspo: 🎥 - Just watch Cloud dance! You won’t regret it!

🧠

Idiot x Idiot/One Shared Brain Cell

I’ve always, always wanted to play this dynamic! It’s such a fun one, but finding a role-play partner who gets your sense of humour is rare. I don’t know if anyone would ever share my weirdness, but here we are.

So I really imagined this as an epic quest of sorts where Muse A and Muse B are tasked to do something important. On their way to complete their mission, they keep getting side tracked. Maybe they just fall victim to the crooks and manipulators around them. Maybe they just got lost and literally don’t know where their next stop should be so they go around in circles. Maybe they end uncovering a secret lair/behind enemy lines because one of them heard the directions wrong and the other one had the map backwards. Either way, they spend a lot of time with each other, care a lot about each other, and have this unwavering loyalty.

We could play on their history and have them start out as strangers, but immediately notice their similar temperaments and hit it off OR we could make them childhood best friends who do everything together but are oblivious to their feelings for each other (you know, the pairing that swears that they’re just friends and nothing more, but totally act like a couple).

Genre-wise, it could be anything. Maybe they could be super heroes. Maybe they could be knights. Maybe they could be space travellers/pirates. I’m open to any setting, but please, please let them be cute and dumb and oblivious/stupid in love (bad at reading romantic intentions). Let’s be two halves of a whole idiot!

Video Inspo: 🎥 - Best Friends Squad sharing One Brain Cell

💕

zn4b46s.gif

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk! If you have other plots or ideas, don’t be afraid to let me know via PM because it’s easier for me to track. On your way out, have another really awesome cover to keep the good vibes going. Have a nice day! ^ ^

🎉

Please PM if you’re interested! ✉️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back