• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Lightgrove Isle

Kekse

Drifter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A pleasant summer day had drifted over the peaceful Lilycove City, bringing sunshine and a light breeze to the shoreline. Trainers and pokemon alike crowded onto the beach for some tanning (and napping, if cautiously.) Flocks of wingull drifted on the afternoon air currents while staryu flashed in the shallows. The well trimmed green grass soaked up the warmth and felt heathery beneath the bare feet of children and elderly grandmas whose leather soles were as protective as any shoe.

Inside the pokemon center, the atmosphere was a little less joyful. Nurse Joy watched across the counter as a tall, dark-haired man paced back and forth. He rubbed the surface of a well-worn pokeball as if it were a worry stone and he was seeking comfort from its smooth surface. He was a strongly built man; it was obvious that he did a lot of heavy lifting in his day to day. His attire was that of a sailor, for a ship's captain he was.

On the other side of the center sat another much younger man. He was approximately 18 years old with soft features and green eyes. His dark hair matched that of his father, though he chose to wear a black graphic tee and jeans rather than sailing attire. A buizel played around his feet and the young man laughed, tossing a small ball for the pokemon to fetch. At some point he looked up at the clock, then over to his father. "Hey dad, when are the trainers supposed to get here? Weren't they supposed to arrive at eleven?"

The elder man, Matthias, laughed and shook his head. "No, Daniel. I told you we had to be here by eleven so that we'd be here on time. They are supposed to arrive at noon." The younger man looked at his father incredulously, but Matthias only chuckled harder. "Hey, neither you nor your mother can claim that I'm wrong when I say you're chronically late. But here we are today with plenty of time to spare!"

Elsewhere, you clutch the letter and hurry toward Lilycove. It arrived five days ago, and despite initially thinking it was junk mail, you opened it.

Dear Trainer,

My name is Matthias Hornwen, and I am looking to assemble a crew comprised of the strongest trainers in Hoenn. I cannot give too many details should this letter fall into the wrong hands, but suffice to say I am heading up an incredibly dangerous mission and your presence is requested. Should you choose to learn more about this mission, please appear in person at the Lilycove Pokemon Center on the first day of June at 12pm.

Once you arrive, the mission will be explained and you will be given a chance to accept or decline. I eagerly await your arrival.

Matthias

What kind of craziness might be in store you don't yet know, but every adventure begins with a choice: do you answer the call, or let it slip by? This time...you answer.

A young teen by the age of 18 would just arrive at the pokecenter. He was pretty much a walking kaleidoscope in terms of his outfit consisting of long Khaki pants that have quite a few pockets, with the leg sections going down to the sneakers, a light blue polo long sleeve shirt black sneakers with a Pikachu tail thunderbolt design.

His main pokemon , a marill by the name of Aquamarine would be walking around with him happily though her mood sours just a bit seeing the others serious expressions.

This was a dangerous mission as per the letter he had received earlier the previous day, as a result andy was all business wearing a serious expression himself. " Hello Matthias. I trust we have made it on time? Could you please explain just what exactly this mission is?" Andy keeping the tone cordial if a little curious.

"You made it on time indeed," Matthias replied, gesturing for Andy to take a seat while a few other trainers filed in behind him. All told there were 6 other trainers, who took various seats around the room and watched their strange leader for more information. He smiled and gestured for the room to quiet down, which they quickly did. "Welcome, everyone. I am glad to see that so many of you responded to my summons! I apologize for the details being so vague; I'm sure after you've learned more you'll understand why my son and I did not want too much information leaking to the public."

He took a deep breath and launched into his explanation. "It's a little bit of a long story, truth be told. It was about a year ago now that my best friend and I discovered the island south of Pacifidlog. It was not the first island we had discovered, so when we docked the ship we weren't even remotely nervous.

"The first thing we noticed...well, the first three things. Very first, the beach was absolutely littered with pokemon eggs. The second thing were the roars and crashing from deep in the trees...but the thing we found the most interesting was the greenish glow that the entire island gave off at night. It grew brighter the closer you looked to the volcano in the center, as if something inside were causing it.

"We quickly discovered a fourth and much more concerning property of this island. It started with our partner pokemon, the strongest of our team. They became irritable and uncontrolled, even starting to turn against us. Our younger pokemon seemed to be a calming influence, but it finally reached a point where we had to stop and evacuate. My friend...didn't make it out. His charizard went completely ballistic..." Matthias paused, his eyes far away. It took him a few moments to compose himself before he continued. "I've been back three times since, and every time I've been farther and farther from the island and had to turn back. The last time I didn't even make it to the island before things started to go south."

Matthias knew this mission sounded like it was doomed from the start. "I will not blame any of you if you choose not to accompany me on this mission, knowing what you now know. But somehow, we need to reach the center of the island and find out what is causing this. If you do come, our best bet is to bring our most useful baby pokemon and leave our strongest behind. And we are going to see if carrying an egg will help. The angry pokemon seemed to avoid them on the beach, and I'm hoping that's a good sign."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back