Other Light or Dark Theme?

Light Theme or Dark Theme

• Darker than the Darkest Night

Votes: 82 76.6%
  • Brighter than the Brightest Day

Votes: 25 23.4%

• Total voters

Blorf

When you unite the German peoples just right.
It might seem like I'm trying to bump up my post count 'cause I'm a newb, but I'm not. I'm genuinely curious. I've seen that the site's look has been updated kinda recently(having lurked around and seen other people on here, also there are threads about it).

So, which theme do you use, and to add some depth to it, why?

I've recently been on rp sites with black backgrounds and I just finished playing a visually darker game (Telltale Batman) so I use dark theme because I'm used to it.

Dark theme for me. I'm a night owl, so the less bright light that shines into my eyes while I'm browsing around either on my computer or my phone, the better.

Glad to see some good answers. Starting to wonder if there are any light-themers. Maybe this will turn into a survey. Oh crap I just noticed the poll option. It'd be good for people to use that once I get a poll going.

Light, because reading white lined paragraphs surrounded with the dark void hurt my eyes.
The new light theme is cool too, just hope that there would be an option to turn off the sticky avatars though, it's messing with my head.

I use light theme.

Reasons:
1. Habits are hard to break. I'm using light themes in software for most of my life before people decided that dark themes are a thing.
2. I prefer reading dark text on white background. Granted, for me it is not 100% white because I have a setting on my screen to dim the whites. So it's more like cream-white so it doesn't hurt my eyes.
3. I read forums a lot from work and having a light page on my screen is less noticeable than having a dark page *oops, my secret exposed* xD

Light theme. Dark text on a pale background is gentler on the eyes than pale text on a dark background.

Plus most dark themes are hideous and try too hard to appeal to "gamer aesthetics" which are also butt-fucking ugly.

I'd use Dark theme more if it were more compatible with the stuff written by Light users.

Light. Pale text on a dark background gives me a headache. It's also just unpleasing aesthetically.

Once upon a time, I colored a bunch of dialogue on one of my favorite rps with bright colored font while using dark theme. Now I can never go back (if I want to reread that rp). But who'd want too? Hail sithis t[^_ ^t]

Dark theme.... Once when i was a teen, I have been reading fanfics on the web for like 5 hours a day. It usually end up me sleeping off the eye strain due to the bright backdrop of the light theme.

Then I discovered the dark theme option and had never looked back.

I use mainly Dark, but just today I turned on Light on my phone and rather liked it. Will probably stay Dark on my computer just because that's what I use at night and Light blinds me at night (also, all my other forums are dark-ish and there's less eye-shock when flipping between them).

As much as I've always been into dark themes, I can't use dark rpnation. I'm not sure why, it just seems... smaller? Sadder? I'm more talkative with the light theme here, surprisingly.

Dark theme because that bright theme is waaaaaaay too bright and hurts my eyes, if I'm just casually looking at this place I don't want to be blinded.

I use the dark theme cause it's more aesthetically pleasing to my eye, plus I often use RPN with the lights off. Alain i got used to it.

I do use light with one of my alts though.

Light theme. I tried the Dark theme, but could never really get into it. I don't see RpN as a place fitting a dark theme :xFtongue:

As for eye strain, even when staying up way late I have lights on, so that's never been a problem.

I do use light with one of my alts though.
You have alts?! O.o

Well its nice to see that THE MASTER RACE OF Dark theme is winning the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back