• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
L
Created at
Index progress
Complete

This page is for characters that are a part of the Light in the Darkness story

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Premise
The Kelaran Imperium has stood the test of time since it's founding after the Great Demon War thousands of years ago. But now, it's might is beginning to fade. It's enemies both without and within are starting to gather. Warlords and great beasts are nipping at the heels of the smaller villages and towns while the Red Goblin Empire to the East prepares its grand machines for glorious war and conquest of it's long time foe. A proclamation has been issued by the Emperor asking for the aid of heroes in the Imperium's time of need in exchange for riches beyond compare along with titles and land including the power that comes with it.

Will you aid and support the crumbling Imperium in order to attempt to bring it back to it's former glory? Or will you undermine the efforts and help it crash and burn in order to reap rewards from the ashes, taking pieces for yourself by force?

In this adventure, you get to choose your path and interact with others players. You might be working together, against each other or even fight. For every action taken there can and will be a consequence up to and including character death based on actions and reactions. I will never go out of my way to kill a character unless they get themselves into an extremely deadly situation.

Looking for a least 2 players but hopefully more.

The World

The Kelaran Imperium
The Kelaran Imperium is situated on the western section of a large continent with nearby island chains both north/south and possess the largest Empire in the known world ranging from warm tropical islands to deserts to frozen tundra. They are open to all races and genders in all positions of power even welcoming monstrous humanoids such as goblins and minotaurs. Having been founded after the Great Demon War thousands of years ago, they also serve as a pinnacle reminder of the force that it took to stand up to such impenetrable power. Something that the other major countries look upon with envy.

The Grand City of Teleran is the capital city of the Imperium, situated in the middle of the southern part of the Imperium, it grew out from a small port city into a bustling major center of learning, trade/commerce, and military training. Teleran is surrounded by an impressive quartz wall that is imbedded with a powerful protective magic to aid in it's defense from an outside source. The city contains the Gilgamesh Tower of learning where those with enough gold can learn anything from magic to swordplay as well as receive an understanding of things both magical and mundane about the world. For those without the currency, there are lesser schools for learning and the standing army which gives proper training in swordcraft and magic in exchange for at least 5 years of service.

The Grand city is Romanesque in both appearance and function while the further you get from the capital, the less Roman it is and the more medieval in appearance and attitude with some of the fringes being ruled as more fiefdoms than as a part of the full Imperium, with corruption of some of the nobility and politicians within the capital being paid to look the other way.

The standing army consists of battle hardened soldiers in heavy/medium armor wielding shields and blades, backed up by magical support, Calvary and siege weapons.

The Red Goblin Empire
Existing on the same continent as the Kelaran Imperium, the Red Goblin Empire is almost the antithesis of the Kelaran Imperium. Where the KI are open to the people, the Red Goblins are closed off. Where the KI have an open government under an Emperor, the Red Goblins have a King that rules with an Iron fist. The Red goblins are taller, smarter and stronger than their green brethren and view themselves as the master race. All goblinkind must unite under their banner if they are to be whole. But only as seconds class citizens of course. Red Goblins come first in all things. Other races that get conquered are made slaves to fight in their gladiator pits and as slave labor to mine the supplies for their army of stone and metal. But those that capitulate are treated better, just underneath goblinkind.

The Fortress City of Doromite is the capital city of the Red Goblin Empire, the place is dark and dismal with smog in the air from the endless factory shifts crafting their magical golems, experimental tanks( pre WW1 Era), and guns (Revolutionary War Era). The heart and soul of the Empire, it lies more towards the western edge of the Empire's borders. It had expanded eastward due to the might of the Kelaran Imperium, but now that the KI is starting to show cracks from within, now is closing in with the time to strike. Their technology is the way of the future and with it, they will pave the way to their destiny and crush all that oppose them.

The standing army consists of green goblin and slave conscripts sent in as a first wave with swords, spears and crossbows followed up with magical stone and metal golems and finished up with the elite forces of tanks and hardened gun users.

The League of Pirates
The league of Pirates is less a formal stationary nation and more of a collation of ships and fleets that have banded together as protection from the later nations that wished to eradicate them. For them, Piracy is a way of life and they will fight to protect their right to steal from traders and warships in order to make a living without major rules breathing down their necks. Taking all kinds, the only agreement that they have with each other is to support each other should their be a major crack down on piracy from one or more of the nations of the world

Players/Characters
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe - SILDAR EVANS: Half Dragon(Human)[Gilgamesh Tower Professor] MALE
Rainbow Knight Rainbow Knight - CASSIUS GAIUS: Human[Vagrant Thief] MALE
Gen Gen - MERCY: Human [Magical Pirate] MALE
BarakaisBae BarakaisBae -CHARONA-Harpy [Huntress] FEMALE
[U]LumaThePhoenix-[/U] MONICA BATTAGLIA- Half human/Half Mermaid [Revenge Nurse] FEMALE
[U]LegoLad659-[/U] OLIVIA FRIAR- Human [Military Mage] FEMALE
CATHERINE TERRA- Human [Outlaw Thief] FEMALE
[U]Peckinou-[/U] MERVA WISP- Siren [Magical Pirate] FEMALE
[U]MCPlayer[/U] :AURIC ROSEWOOD- Elf [Aspiring Soldier] Male​

Last edited:
I have a pirate OC that I think would fit well. Would it be possible if he was affiliated with the League of Pirates? Or maybe, a former member?

Absolutely. I'll set up a character page so you can post it there and I can check it out.

Sounds good! I'll have something later today.

Edit: Turns out I’ll be busy today. But I’ll have something soon.

Last edited:
Bump. Still looking for at least 1 more player. More are always welcome however.

I’d be interested! So just out of curiosity, are there any other humanoid species besides minotaurs, goblins, and of course, humans?

Also, are we allowed more than one character?

In any case, I would love to take part in this!

Yes. Almost every fantasy type race would be accepted (subject to approval by me) but I love creativity. And yes, you can have multiple characters. :-)

Same. As soon as both of you get characters posted and approved, I'll write up a character of my own and then put together the first story post. :-)

I am indeed still accepting others. When you are ready with a character sheet, post it to the link listed above.

You can indeed play multiple characters. Just submit a character sheet on the CS page and let me look then over for approval. :-)

I had just one question

So is there a preference for faceclaims? Like would you prefer realistic or anime/cartoonish faceclaims? Or would you rather we just describe them? Or do you have no preference?

No preference on face claims. And if you don't have a picture you like, you can just write out a character description.

Rainbow Knight Rainbow Knight You can still join this. Just submit a character sheet for approval in The CS thread. :-)

Now that two characters have been created, I'll have the first post up on Monday. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back