• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Monica Battaglia
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Trektek Trektek LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Just as the two personas residing within Monica had reached an agreement, they heard Sildar explain his options and suggestions. His last suggestion didn't sit too well with her aggressive side and the wave in her pendant fills completely.

Oh HELLLLLL no! Did he just say he wants us to just sit here and watch...AGAIN!? No deal! I want to kill those pesky monstrosities! I thirst for blood and I shall not be denied!

Wait! Please, before you go on a rampage. Let me talk to our allies. I want to make sure they're safely away so that they don't get scared into thinking we're the enemy too and they turn on us.

I'm getting really annoyed at this....if you truly trust them, then tell them the truth. You don't have to mention the Red Goblin Empire. I wouldn't. As much as I want to believe that they've forgotten about us, I'm pretty sure were the talk of quite a few 'the one that got away' stories. They seem wholesome enough to have earned the right to know about me. Unless you want them to find out by accident. That's likely what would cause fear and distrust. Is that what you want?

No no no no no. I'll tell them. I'm just scared that they'll look at us as a liability or they'll keep far away from us because of how destructive you can be.

Either they'll accept us or they won't. It doesn't matter to me. That's their choice. It would surprise or bother me if they didn't.

We have to trust somebody at some point.

No we don't. Now stop stalling. I believe Sildar just asked us a question and I'd like to get to killing now.

".....kill.....them.....vengeance...." Monica quietly whispered. She didn't notice how zoned out she was. When she returned to her senses, she glanced around quickly and looked down nervously. Her eyes had turned blue and she could feel her other side breaking through. ".......I...I'm okay. I think your plan to use invisibility is nice. If I may add to it, I would like to volunteer to keep the archers busy while you all get inside unnoticed. That way, if your spell does wear off, they won't notice you and you can still get inside safely. I can also wait until you get near the entrance before distracting them. I just...don't want you all to get caught up or hurt. There are so many adversaries and....I-I can't hold her back much longer. She's bloodthirsty, and I'll explain whatever you want afterwards, just get somewhere safe...please..." Monica goes silent once more. The look of fear on her face disappears.

Catherine looked down at herself as she watched (And felt) Sildar's spell take effect. She couldn't help but grin as the enchantment flowed through her body. He was right, she did feel lighter, faster. It reminded her of the first time she 'Found' her enchanted footwear, how she felt unstoppable back then. She was feeling similar right now. She liked this feeling.

She considered expressing her gratitude for it to Sildar, but before she decided if she should, he started offering options for them. Catherine had thought of blazing their way in earlier, of course, but she hadn't considered that this course of action might put Straps' father in danger. So already she's struck out once, but that didn't matter. Another option was an invisibility spell Sildar could cast, though he wasn't good at it. That didn't matter as much to Catherine as it probably did to the others. If worse came to worst, she could bail and figure out another plan on her own. Sure, that sounded harsh, but better for one of them to escape than all of them be captured.

Sildar's last suggestion sounded good on paper, but it had a couple of problems with it that Catherine wanted to bring up. First of all, taking out any of them would probably very quickly alert the camp to their presence. Now that they know someone broke in, they'll be keeping an eye on the perimeter. Second, Sildar seemed to be under the false impression that the command building was a tent... It was not, as Catherine had explained in her initial report - It was a tower. That would be more difficult to 'Storm' with just two people. Plus, she knew without a doubt that Straps would want to be part of this operation as well, since it involved her father.

...What she didn't expect was for Monica to care just as much as she expected Straps to. This was when Catherine noticed that her necklace was glowing, like it was filled with water. Every other time it had threatened to do so, she had been looking away or occupied for one reason or another, so this was the first time she had seen such a thing. Monica started talking about vengeance, under her breath, before speaking up to declare her agreement with the invisibility plan. And to warn them about 'Her', some bloodthirsty maniac that Monica was obviously holding inside of her. If Catherine had to take a guess, it would probably be a Demon of some kind. Something powerful enough to need to be held inside of a person with the additional help of an enchanted necklace.

Fuck no was she going to be anywhere near that.

Catherine bolted. Like the wind, with the help of both her boots and Sildar's enchantment, she was near-instantly completely gone after processing Monica's warning, running off into the forest and abandoning everyone else to whatever beast was about to be unleashed by Monica. Whatever they were going to do, they were doomed from the start with something like that behind them.

But, at the same time, she couldn't exactly abandon her mission... Not only would the Imperium be after her again for it, but Straps' father was depending on them. So, she made her way into the camp, hopping the fence in the same place she did before so she could make her way to the central tower. She'd have to move quickly to get into the prison and get Straps' father out, because even if that thing wasn't planning on turning this whole place into a smoldering crater, she'd rather not take the chance that it was. She'll rush in while the goblins were distracted with the rest of the group, grab Straps' dad, and get the hell out of there. Maybe come back sometime later to see if the warlord survived and assassinate him herself if need be. If not, then... Well, maybe freedom was too good an idea to be true anyway.

Suva Pyrewalker
LegoLad659 LegoLad659 m Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe , LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix

They arrived at the outskirts with the gate blocking their path and the goblins on the parapet eager to find someone or something to shoot. While Suva was trying to get a lay of the land, she heard Monica muttering something under her breath. She wasn't trying to strain to hear her. But what was troubling was what she started talking about afterwards. She? Who was she talking about?

Before she could respond to it, Blue took off at a breakneck pace running into the forest. Had she lost her nerve? She had already seen what the goblins had in store for them and hadn't taken off. So why did she take off now? It didn't make any sense.

Both Suva and Straps looked dumbfounded at the action of Blue. But Straps was the one who turned back and remained focused. She was the one who had a father trapped in there somewhere and she was going to free him. No matter what.

Suva walked over to Monica and looked into her eyes. She could see the sense of fear. It was troubling to say the least. "Monica. What are you talking about? What's wrong?"

Inside the Goblin Camp
LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Making her way into the camp, Blue found that there seemed to be many goblins patrolling the grounds. It wasn't going to be as easy to infiltrate this time. There was at least two patrols consisting of 2 goblins in armor with one wolf that she could see near the main area.​

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
Catherine knew they would've upped patrols, but she also knew that it wouldn't matter once the massacre started. They'd be too focused on the others to pay much attention anywhere else. Now, she wasn't planning on just charging through of course, but the distraction would open up many holes in their awareness, which she planned to exploit once it began. So, Catherine stayed put for now, listening for the telltale sounds of when the fighting started. Then she'd make her move for the tower.

Sildar was a little shocked when Monica mentioned ".....kill.....them.....vengeance...." in a tone of voice that only he thought he could hear before warning them to get a to a safe space. At the mention of this, however, Blue took off most likely to complete her portion of the mission or to just avoid getting caught in the crossfire. Either way Sildar internally reasoned that Blue was going to do her part, but away from whatever He, Monica, Straps, and Suva would wreak on the enemy goblins. Having his direction torn in many directions Sildar's brow furrowed as he took a deep breath as he needed to rectify two things quickly; the absence of Blue from his plans and the possible unleashing of Monica's darker aspect of her mermaid self. Pinching his brow between his right hands' thumb and index finger he began.

"Ok, so new plan, I can keep the three of you under invisibility as I draw their fire while you sneak in; the invisibility should help mitigate the three of your less than stellar stealth I think. Apart from myself and Straps I think it is imperative that you and Suva should remain under invisibility Monica. Then as an double entendre, Sildar continued. "You should be able to make some waves that way if you need to. As for myself; I think its time I enhance myself further if I'm going to draw fire. I am open to other suggestions if this one does not work." Sildar then stretched out his hands and recited the following enchantments.

"Essence of Bulls, merge yourself with me and grant myself the boon of increased strength"
"Essence of Felines, merge yourself with me and grant myself the boon of increased agility"
"Essence of Dragons, coalesce into my fists and grant me the power of increased combat"

Three beams of light flowed from his hands and encircled him for a moment before causing him to glow each of the three colors. The yellow color was the most pronounced as his fingertips and palms transformed into their draconic equivalent. Of course this was a falsehood as he would do this at will, but he didn't want anyone apart from Monica understanding what he was truly capable of; until things got really out of hand. However, Sildar felt faster and stronger as a result of the magics.

Monica Battaglia
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Trektek Trektek

Monica stares into Suva's eyes while she kneels with a hand on the ground. It was the inverse of what happened the first time Suva looked into her eyes. Instead of the look of fury hiding inside of the fear on her face, there was a look of worry deep within her vengeful stare. That's where the Monica she had known was, and it became clear that she was no longer the one in control of her body.

"I'm what she's talking about." She said with a slightly darker, and somewhat ominous tone. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for this.....revenge. All this time, she's been afraid of me to the point of hiding me from all of you. That's why she wants you to go on ahead like the one that calls herself Blue did." A fountain springs from under Monica, lifting her slightly while it builds up pressure like a geyser. "She desperately doesn't want any of you to get hurt by me or the after-effects of my attacks. I have no reason to hurt any of you, so I agreed. Plus, my REAL targets are walking along the high walls." She turns her attention to Straps. "You and your tribe are the first goblins I don't truly want to rip apart. For what it's worth, I hope we can successfully rescue your father." Monica then looks at Sildar. "As for you, sorcerer, do what you wish with your cloaking and enhancements. Just know that I'll be busy enjoying the tones of our enemies panicking, screaming, and drowning before I take their lives from them."

Monica takes off her nursing cap and bandana, letting her pink hair with blue stripes flow like calm waves. She puts them in her shirt and then a sadistic smirk runs across her face. Four streams of water shoot upward and start moving in circles around her, making the streams look like they were spiraling around her. As they picked up speed, they shrouded her in a thin mist and resembled the development of a small, upside down cyclone. "Killing time." The fountain explodes and shoots her into the sky like a cannon firing a seven foot, spiraling cannonball. She crashes into one of the goblin archers, impaling it in the process. She grabs it by the head and snaps its neck, enjoy the sound as it happens. The rest of the water falls onto the high wall, leaving a long, slippery trail of water on either side of her. Monica stands up with that same sadistic grin on her face. "I'm about to enjoy this."

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
Catherine heard a loud crash echo across the camp. That must be her, she figured, and as it caught the attention of all the other goblins, Catherine made her way to the tower. She, of course, passed through any hiding spots she could to not be noticed by anyone who might happen to be paying attention, as well as entering through the window again once she arrived. But she wasn't overly concerned by being seen, not when they were about to start fighting the insurmountable in their blind panic. She entered through the window and made her way to the cells, though part of her suspected she may not find Straps' father there.

Seeing Monica's Inner self wrest control from Monica herself and speak briefly before spiraling out and onto the walls Sildar knew he had to act quickly to regain control of the situation. "New plan, The two of you will infiltrate the camp while Monica is causing a distraction; I'll be with Monica giving her some assistance as I don't think she can control her powers very well. However before that, I will shroud you two with Invisibility to help with your infiltration." Holding out his hands Sildar chanted.

"Shroud these individuals with the cover of invisibility and grant them the ability to move unseen"

Sildar watched as a grey light engulfed the two of them before a dim grey outline could be seen. "Both of you should be able to move into the camp relatively unseen. I will still be able to see you somewhat as I cast the spell. Although you can speak to each other, you cannot attack anyone or open anything or something similar as that will trip the spell and remove the invisibility; I still haven't figured out that part yet. Now go! I have to help and protect Monica before she hurts herself." Sildar then took off at an increased speed thanks to his enhancements, until he heard the tell tale *Twang* of a bow being fired in his direction. Dodging to the side, he felt the arrow graze his shoulder before he continued as he grunted a bit. Reaching the walls, Sildar then drove his claws into the wall and began to climb. He could have used his wings, but he did not want anyone other than Monica to realize what he was. Climbing, Sildar managed to roll out of the way from two more arrows before a third struck his right shoulder. Grunting in pain again, he sent a bolt of fire at the goblin that released the arrow causing the goblin to become alight with fire. ~Hopefully that will keep them off my back.~ Climbing the wall, Sildar eventually reached the top and noticed a goblin that looked as if it were going to fire an arrow at Inner Monica before he ran to intercept it. Running in front of the goblin as it was about to nock an arrow he stood well above the goblin. "Don't even think about it," he growled as he lifted the goblin up by one arm and slashed across its chest cutting through its shoddy leather armor into a torrent of blood before throwing the goblin backwards on the wall top. Turning to Inner Monica, Sildar shouted. "try not to hurt yourself as you share that body after all!" before he turned to engage any poor unfortunate goblins that decided to engage him.

Suva Pyrewalker
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe , LegoLad659 LegoLad659 LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix

As Suva looked into Monica's eyes, she was caught off guard by what she saw. There was worry buried deep inside and the anger that she had seen previously was out and about. It brought out some deep seated terror that was inside of her, bringing back bad memories of her squad getting killed before her eyes. But fighting past that, she wanted to just hold Monica tightly and bring her back to herself. The kind hearted woman that she had come to know over such a short period of time. There was a sort of bond that was formed there.

This was a different person. One that had lurked deep down within Monica. She was something else. Getting hurt by her? She could tell that this was the darkness that Monica was afraid of . She'd be there for her, at least when she could. After the fighting was over. Once she could get close to her again and give her a nice big hug.

Suva watched as the powerful and darker version of Monica charged forward with a burst of water and turned to Sildar. Clearly the plans had changed once again. Everyone was running off to do their own thing.

Straps didn't really know how to react to the whole thing. After all, things were chaotic enough as it was. But if that Chaos allowed her to free her father, than she was all for it.

The pair were shrouded in invisibility and they were off to accomplish their tasks. Hopefully without incident. Maybe they would even be able to keep their friends safe.

Goblin HQ
Catherine made it inside the headquarters again, just as she had done so before. Outside was pure chaos as fresh troops ran in in order to deal with the intruders who were proving to be not as easy to deal with as they believed. There was no prisoners in there. Only a frantic Dirken giving orders to a few of his troops.​

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
Things were about what Catherine expected them to be in here. Missing prisoner included, unfortunately. Where else could they have put him? They could have sent him off to another camp somewhere; Normally she wouldn't have expected Dirken to even think of that, but he was working with beings far more intelligent than he was. If that was the case then she had no idea where he could've been sent off to. So, now she had three options: She could either listen to Dirken from the shadows and hope he said something about where the goblin was sent, she could wait for a good opening to attempt an assassination on Dirken himself, or she could get out of there and save herself from Monica's onslaught.

Whether Dirken would mention the prisoner really depended on if he really was in the camp somewhere, if not then the thought would just never cross his mind to ask if he was secure. An assassination would be extremely tricky, since everyone was on full alert and Dirken would probably have armed guards with him at all times during the attack. Running away... Sounded like the best of the three options, but something felt wrong about it. Perhaps it was because she didn't want to leave this mission completely empty handed, or it could be she didn't want to abandon Straps' father if she happened to be the only one able to help him right now. The latter sounded more likely, but still didn't feel correct... And it was bewildering her why. The idea that she actually just wanted to be sure the rest of her group was okay after the fighting was over didn't cross her mind.

She opted to stay hidden near Dirken for now, with what little hope there was of him mentioning where he had stashed the prisoner. If he'd said it and she wasn't there to hear it, that would definitely look bad on her, no matter how unlikely it was. That's what she ended up telling herself, anyway.

Monica Battaglia
Trektek Trektek Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Monica watches as a handful of goblins make their way towards her, not knowing they had stepped on her trap the moment their feet touched the water by her. As they prepared to fire at her, she summoned a wave that threw them off the high rise and onto the sharp points of the outside of the structure. She laughs, clearly enjoying the pain she's causing as she watches them suffer. Surprisingly, she doesn't spend more than a few seconds seeing their agony before sending a wave down to crash on them. The pressure pushes them further through the makeshift spikes, killing them faster.

As much as she wanted to just sit and watch her foes squirm until they succumbed to their injuries, she had a bigger target in mind. Dirken. To her, these patrolling goblins are quite the enticing appetizer. The blood running down from the bodies of her victims was mesmerizing. However, their leader was the main course. How beautiful it would be to witness and be at least a part of the cause of death for a monstrosity like him. The silver lining, if you can even call it that, from what he's done is that she has a bit of sympathy towards Straps as they share similar traumas. It's also why she has a strong desire to see to it that he dies so that he can never kidnap or torture any innocent creatures ever again.

When Monica turned to check her surroundings, she saw an archer about to fire at her. Then, she saw Sildar get in the way and prevent that from happening by killing the goblin. It was ruthless, which made it more entertaining. What she also noticed was that he had been hit by an arrow. That just made his statement to her about not getting hurt comical. "I'm aware of this, but not even pain can stop my vengeance, so I'll be fine. As for you, it looks like you took a hit. After we wipe out these wastes of existence, I'll let my other side heal you. She's always been the better healer. Now, let's make an even bigger mess, shall we?"

The ravenous mermaid turns away and sees an arrow getting ready to be fired at her. She holds her left hand out to protect her face. The arrow pierces through it, causing her to wince and lower her head. An uncomfortable moment of silence follows before Monica starts to laugh again. She grabs the arrow and rips it out. "I hope you're proud of yourself. I am. That was a good shot you fired. Now it's my turn." She licks the blood on the arrow and then coats it with water. Finally, she uses the now aquatic arrow by flinging it back at the goblin, hitting it in the skull. After watching another adversary fall, Monica decides to try and draw more of them out so that they'll be less of a problem for Blue, Suva, and Straps. "Come on! I know this can't be all that you guys have for me!"

Sildar listened as Inner Monica spoke about how she was aware that she was sharing the body with Monica herself, but what made him worry was the fact that she said that not even pain could stop her vengeance. Sildar frowned as she got hit with an arrow and then proceeded to taunt the goblin before she threw it back instantly killing it. Becoming aware of the arrow that was in his left shoulder, Sildar remembered that he could use it against the goblins much like Inner Monica just did. He then reached up with his right hand and grabbed the arrow by its shaft and began to pull it out. A small hot pain began to spread from the arrow tip that was lodged in his shoulder before he ripped it out with a small oozing trail of blood following. Grimacing, he then conjured flames in right hand intending to cauterize the wound something both of his parents, namely his mother, taught him to do. He winced a little before the wound sealed shut, but it would soon reopen if he was not careful and Monica would more likely than not have to help him in this regard. ~We have to be drawing attention to ourselves with all of this noise, perhaps I can draw that sorcerer or the warrior that Blue mentioned out over here. It could make Suva and Straps' jobs easier if one takes the bait.~ With this line of thinking, he conjured a rather large ball of fire in his right hand before expertly sending it sailing over Inner Monica's shoulder before landing in a cluster of goblins that were starting to move towards Inner Monica. When it collided with them a rather loud and echoing *BOOM* was heard as any that were not burned were send backwards by the force of the enormous blast. The upper command of the goblins had to have heard that shouldn't they?

Suva Pyrewalker
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe , LegoLad659 LegoLad659 LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix

Goblin HQ

Blue waited in silence as she watched Dirken, listening for any signs fo where the prisoner is. The Goblin Warlord seemed ready to pop a blood vessel at hearing the massive fighting outside. He knew that the majority of his fighting force was not there.

"Damn that Bloodmore. If it wasn't for his stupid experiments at the cave, I'd have a bunch of spellcasters here to defend against this attack."

On the Walls

Sildar and Monica killed the goblin archers on the walls. The ones that weren't trying to prepare some sort of defense that they could throw at the duo were lined up and ready to attack. Four Goblin Warriors, two of which were in chain mail and two of which wore leathers and four growling wolves.

Two of the goblins start throwing axes at the pair in an effort to bring them down from their high spots.

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
A cave? Catherine was pretty sure she hadn't seen a cave around here... But then again, she hadn't seen much of the forest. Now would be a good time to check it out, with the goblins distracted... The only problem was, chances were this forest had a number of cave systems inside it. She would have no way of knowing which one was the correct one without checking, and that would probably take too long, even with her enhanced speed. As she thought about this though, an idea came to mind; If this cave was somewhere in the forest, surely Dirken would have some way to find it. Hopefully a map of the area, with the cave marked on it. She made her way to the war room first, that would be the most likely place she would find something like that. On her way there, she also made note to remember the name he'd said - Bloodmore... It wasn't familiar to her, but it sounded important.

With the loud explosion Sildar became acutely aware of several other goblins on the ground below him. Of course, all of the other goblins were scrambling around due to his and Inner Monica's carnage. With the exception of the ones on the ground, there were no other goblins lined up to fight them as the fireball seemed to clear out the archers. Of course, this didn't dissuade the goblins below from throwing axes at the pair. Remembering the fact that the palisade was wooden, Sildar dodged one axe and caught one by the handle before using it to climb down the palisade at an accelerated pace. Though it was working, the shoddy craftsmanship reared its ugly head and as he stuck the blade into the palisade for the third time, the tip broke off leading him to fall off the side. Luckily, he landed on his knees but he grunted as he did so. ~I'm going to feel that later I have no doubts.~ However, he was not about to give the goblins a chance to surprise him as he picked himself up quickly and then stood arms crossed as if to say "Well come on then"

Monica Battaglia

Monica joyfully watches the reeling troops scramble to set up a defense against her and Sildar. Their frantic panicking combined with the sight of the fallen enemies thus far was beautiful to her. She was enjoying herself. Perhaps a bit too much. Seeing something move towards her in her peripheral vision, she instinctively leans backwards. That reaction saved her from getting decapitated by a flying axe. The half-mermaid turns her attention to where the weapon was thrown from. There were four goblin warriors with an equal number of wolves set to face off with her and Sildar. Two of them were chucking axes at the pair to try and knock them down.

Initially, Monica considered unleashing one of her stronger moves in order to wipe them out. However, there were two major problems with that. The first was the pendant she's wearing restricting most of her power and keeping her docile side in control. The second issue was her physical body. Because her nicer half spent most of her time working on healing and medical prowess, her human body can't handle extended usage of her powers without backlash. As a result, Monica settles for using a smaller wave to ride off the high wall. The landing was a bit rough, but she shakes off the minor recoil from the landing and quickly makes her way back to her feet.

Eight foes stand before her. As much as she wants to rip them all to pieces, mainly the goblins, she knows that there's a more efficient way of approaching this. It would involve trusting someone else, something she didn't do very well. However, there didn't seem to be any better options. She glances at Sildar. Clearly, he had an ample amount of strength and wasn't afraid to show it. She remembers the first set of goblins they encountered, back in the forest and an idea pops up. "That attack you did earlier. The one with the lightning. Can you do it again? I can soak them all with my water power, which should make your lightning that much more effective when it hits them."

Sildar awaited the Goblins' response until he heard and saw Inner Monica conjured a wave to ride down the wall to a position near him. She then spoke about possibly using their powers in conjunction to take down these goblins. The thought had occurred to him to use a power like that in the form of his dragon breath, but that would be revealing another card he had yet to play. He had been careful to disguise his claws as magic, but it was not going to be easy to disguise his breath weapon as a spell. This would provide him with an alternative that would keep his dragon's breath a secret and make their presence a much more dire event for the goblins' upper echelon. Uncrossing his arms, he placed his right claw over his left claw with a space in between before responding with a "Do it" and beginning to coalesce magic power into a concentrated form that would wait to be unleashed.

Last edited:

As Catherine arrived at the war room, the battlemap that she had seen previously was still there. Small figures were littered across the table in various positions and numbers, probably meant to signify troop movements and tactical maneuvers. The surrounding area including the forest, the base they were in in, as well as hills and other geographic positions were located on the map. Off not to far away in the hills of the forest, was a cave on the map that was circled in red.

The Goblins decided that the best course of action was to charge their enemies position with their deadly weapons. All thoughts were on acquiring glory for themselves and their leader. Such powerful opponents. Clearly eventually someone would get through their power and strength. It only takes one slip up to fall to the horde that would son enough be coming.​

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
Catherine looked through the map, she hadn't had a chance to get a close look at it before. Now she was glad she did, since it not only told her where the cave she was looking for was, but also the positions of all of their forces and any other bases they might have had nearby. That told her what path she could take to reach the cave, what paths to avoid, and if she should expect company in the cave itself - Well, more than one or two guards and maybe the people the goblins were colluding with, anyway. Burning all of this into her memory, she made her way back out once she was sure she could recall anything on the map with decent clarity. Once she made it out of the tower, she exited the camp in the opposite direction of where all the fighting was going on before taking off into the forest, dashing for the cave.

Monica Battaglia

Monica hears Sildar's agreement for the tandem assault and gives a quick smile before turning to their opponents. Her smile regains its sadistic edge. Suddenly, they came at the duo in an all out blitz. Perhaps they figured that they could use their numbers advantage to overwhelm them. In theory, it was a fair plan. Eight against two with the latter side having just dealt with the goblin archers on the roof. Perhaps a bit of fatigue may have set in. This was their chance to make a name for themselves and gain favor amongst the ranks of Dirken's forces. Unfortunately for them, they were charging into a trap.

Monica takes a step forward and holds her arms out in front of her. Her hands are open as she focuses on her foes. She lets out a mighty shout and water shoots out from her hands like a fire hose. The force likely halts their momentum if not knocking them down. Or at the least, it would slow them down. The most important part is that the blast drenches them in water. Monica can feel the strain on her body for sustaining the pressure of the blast, but she'll worry about that afterwards. Right now, her focus was on making sure her opponents were to disoriented to try and escape Sildar's next attack.

Sildar was not expecting the goblins to charge directly at them when it came to attacking them; boy were they going to be in for a rough time. He either was surprised at their stupidity or commended their bravery; either way it was most likely that they were not going to get away from what Inner Monica and Sildar had planned.

Sildar watched as Inner Monica unleashed a torrent of water directly at the charging Goblins halting their advance and drenching them in water. Knowing his part was now in play, Sildar let loose the blast that he was concentrating on as bolts of lightning flew out from his claws by taking left claw off of his right, outstretching it, and aiming directly at the now drenched goblins with a loud *zzt.*

The Cave

Blue avoided the ongoing battle and continued on to the spot on the map to the cave. As the sounds of battle became further and further away, the normal sounds of the forest began to reemerge. The birds were chirping, the squirrels were chittering. It was easy enough to pretend that there was nothing at all going wrong anywhere in the world with as peaceful as everything seemed. Before long it was all too quickly over. Traveling through the forests, she eventually arrived at the cave in question on the map. Outside the cave was two goblins wearing black robes standing guard at the entrance while thick, deep howls of pain could be heard emanating from within the deeper portions of the cave.

The Battle

The goblins didn't even see it coming. They were unable to avoid the gush of water and the following burst of electricity fried them into a blackened crisp. There wasn't even time for them to scream before they were dead and dropped to the floor.

Goblin screams could be heard from elsewhere as they retreated from their positions and headed back to their command center. Clearly the strategy of throwing themselves headlong into danger was not having any effect.​

Catherine Terra
Trektek Trektek
Catherine was used to the deceptive serenity of the forest around her. She encountered such 'Peacefulness' very often on her travels, due to spending all of her time alone. But she had done all her pretending years ago; There was no peace, not for her anyway. Honestly, she had grown so used to the silence that she found she couldn't really appreciate it anymore, not like someone from the bustling city could. To them, they were so used to things being loud and busy all the time, that the silence was nothing but quiet safety to them. To her, all it meant anymore was that she could hear the Imperium's patrols coming long before they arrived. It meant that she was better able to listen for hunters and assassins that may be after her. It meant that she could locate wild animals to hunt and kill for food, while they in turn would try to do the same to her. To her, the silence meant anything but safety.

Once she arrived at the cave, she knew she'd found the right one as she saw the robed goblins. She hopped up into the treetops to avoid their attention, watching them to try and find a way inside. Unless there was a secondary entrance somewhere else, it didn't look like it, so it seemed like she would have to kill them to get by. She carefully drew her knives so they wouldn't hear them, and made her way as close as she could without them noticing. Once she reached that point, she threw one of her daggers into one of the goblins, before jumping down from the trees and landing on top of the other so she could stab him in the chest with her remaining dagger. Once she pulled it back out, she looked up at the one she threw her dagger at, to see if he was still standing.

As Sildar unleashed the crackling arcane energies he kept at bay he could feel the power that rushed through his body to make the spell work. However, one thing soon became clear or rather began to flood his senses. Charred flesh and boiled fluids all emanated from that pile of what was once goblins from a pile of death in front of them. He also became aware of how frightened the remainder of the camp was at both his and Inner Monica's power and teamwork as they all seemed to be retreating away from them with screams and obscenities. Where that was he had no idea, but he could assume they may be setting up a final line of defense against the two of them at a possible command center. Turning to Inner Monica Sildar began, "Well that was unpleasant, lets go figure out where the goblins are so that we can end this along with Dirkens' forces themselves. This has gone on long enough and needs to end."

Monica Battaglia
Trektek Trektek Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Monica watched as the combo attack worked to perfection. The sight of smoke and the scent of incinerated flesh was quite the icing on the cake. Normally, Monica didn't like the scent of something burning. However, she always made an exception for her adversaries. She laughs at the remaining goblins scrambling to retreat. "You can run, but you can't hide forever!"

The sadistic lady turns to Sildar with a smile as he speaks to her. "Speak for yourself. I very much enjoyed our killing spree. I bet the next one will be even better because we'll be killing Dirken as well!" She pauses to let out a sigh. "Alas, my weaker half hasn't trained this form to sustain my power very well. I'll be leaving for now so this body can get its strength back. Not to mention you need a bit of healing as well." She closes her eyes for a second and the wave in her pendant lowers until it goes away.

When Monica opens her eyes, they're back to their normal color and Sildar can see that the nicer side of Monica has returned. The nurse takes a step towards him, but she stumbles and falls to her hands and knees. Her breathing is heavy as she stares at the ground. The sadistic side of her was right. Monica hadn't been training her body for combat. She had been working on her healing. Her left hand had healed up quickly due to the injury being caused by an arrow piercing it. The rest of her body was sore from the strain of the offense she dished out. It was something that she knew she now needed to work on since she wants to prove her worth to her teammates. "Wait...before we go...let me tend to your injuries." Monica said. Her voice was back to its soft, harmless tone as she slowly makes her way back to her feet. With one careful step after another, she makes her way to Sildar and gently places her hand above the wound on his shoulder. Water starts pouring out from her hand like it was coming from a faucet that was slightly turned on. He could feel the coldness of the water, but it didn't come with any pain. A few seconds after pouring the healing water, the puncture mark was gone and the the pain that came from it would go away shortly after. "Would you like for me to heal your knees as well? It looked like you landed pretty hard on them earlier."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back