• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Light-Hearted Scifi RP

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
I haven't seen a light hearted Sci-Fi RP on this site in ever. It's about time one gets made.

1*SehuvOrKjxqPuowJxCZPYQ.jpeg

rn47l3d8wkbz.jpg

Earth...........is fine. No insane world-ending apocalypse like robot uprising movies or earth becoming unlivable like in Wall-E, and no nuclear war or zombie uprising. Humanity wisened up and prevented all that before it started. With insanely advanced technology, robots can be made to be sentient but disconnected from other robots. There's no AI Hivemind that makes every robot a killer. Androids and sentient AI are specially made with extreme regulation and care, the programming only to be made by human hands to prevent a mass malfunction of androids. Some robots can go about committing crime, but at the end of the day, it's no different than a human committing a crime. Pollution has been solved with one of many alternative ways to produce energy and alternate fuel methods, though gas in general is pretty outdated. The Ozone is perfect again, the earth environment preserved and recovered due to humans colonizing many other planets

Humanity lives in harmony with other races. Any alien species that tried to take over earth was beaten into submission and then made to see the error of their ways. Interstellar trade routes established. Outerspecies and human/AI relationships normalized (though reproduction is impossible obviously).

With galaxies far and wide, it's a huge universe to explore. Not every species knows about humanity or they may not like humanity. Some species are sitting behind a computer releasing videos to their own version of the internet talking about how they will soon discover an alien species. Why not BE that species. I mean, you'd have to run from their law enforcement to prevent being dissected, but hey........that's the risk of a fun adventure. While humanity is fine, not every species is. Your presence may trigger something big. Who knows?

Dodging some asteroids, fighting space pirates, spacial exploration outside the ship, mechs, hyperspace, lightspeed, running from wormholes, the works
Floating cities, Livable Airships, underground civilizations, non-earth planets colonized being considered Earthen continents and an international law prevents any one country from trying to claim it as their own. This along with every other planet in the solar system is claimed as humanity territory, this part of the Milky Way considered the Human Galaxial Territory. Space sailing is as common as commercial flying across the earth or sailing the earthen seas.

The main group is a group of friends and crewmates (human or non-human) who explore the galaxies, going to different planets and exploring the various problems that other species can go through, or maybe just going there to see the sights, fixing their interstellar wanderlust.............. Or maybe just explore earth in its entirety, digging up old time ruins, old weaponry (pretty much the present modern day weaponry IRL), getting some history down. Problems happen. Friendships have their highs and lows. Romance, Action, Adventure, World-building.

Features
Abilities
Genetic Enhancements
Genetic Mutation
Cybernetics
Simple Psionics (Think Earthbound and Ness/Lucas in Smash Bros)
Weaponry
All abilities within reason and not the focus of the RP

Characters
Romance (Can be between any 2 species, even AI. Just no form of actual reproduction with 2 different species.)
Action
Multiple Species
AI and Android characters
Over-the-top comedy

RP
Forgeable Plots on any subject (within Sci Fi parameters obviously)
Light Overtones (though death can happen if the player wants)
Character-Driven with an emphasis on relationship development (not necessarily romantic) and world-building
Need at least 4 other people to start.

Last edited:
This sounds neat. I'll play.
Yeah I’ll join too!
Interested.
You have my interest.
Huh, seems rather interesting.
Sounds like a ton of fun. I'm interested
I have enough interest now, so I'll post the threads.

I tend to have a problem with players who express interest then disappear or who post a CS and never post IC. It's killed a good amount of my RPs, sometimes before the RP even starts. With that in mind, are you all still on board?

Still on board and ready as ever! Are drawings also allowed for the story? It makes it easier for me to merge myself into settings and helps me write.

Still on board and ready as ever! Are drawings also allowed for the story? It makes it easier for me to merge myself into settings and helps me write.
Of course. Whatever you feel will contribute in any kind of way

Yeah I’ll join too!
Interested.
You have my interest.
Can I add a late expression of interest?

Here is the CS. Ponder over it. Don't post it here (or do for early acceptance), but you can start making it while I make the threads. If you think a field is missing, you can add it. Personality is gone because I feel that that needs to be revealed in the RP

Do your best and don't feel you need to rush this. Don't take a millennium though

BASIC INFORMATION
Appearance:
Pic only (If Written, delete and see below)
Name: (Their true name)
Aliases: (Other names, titles, nicknames, and aliases.)
Gender: (Male, Female, Genderless, or Hermaphrodite depending on Race)
Race: (You may create your own race, provided that you will write down a fairly detailed description of its physiology, specialization etc.)
Class: Role- Don't stress too much about this (Soldier, Medic, Engineer, Brawler, Demolition, etc.........or no role at all)

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: (Ships gotta sail, then sink each other.)
High Concept: (Sum up your character in a sentence.)
Relatives: (People that are biologically related to your character)
Organizations\Affiliations: (Organizations, or people the character is affiliated with)
Bio: (At least a solid paragraph, no more than 4 paragraphs. Keep it relevant.)

PHYSICAL
Appearance
: (Written, or a supporting picture. If written, then at least a detailed paragraph of text. If neither, delete and see above)
Weapons & Armor: (Anything that the character uses for protection, or attack during combat)
Items & Personal Belongings: (Any other items that the character has, or belong to them)
Skills & Abilities: Nothing concerning Enhancements or Psionics
Enhancements: Include Genetic, Prostetics and Cybernetics
Psionics: If none, delete. Most Psionics are pretty low functioning
Weaknesses: (Weak sides of a character. Fears, inabilities, inexperience, emotional issues, mental issues, etc. Only ones that could be said to negatively affect the character, whether it's physical or mental)

FLUFF (Optional)
Hobbies: (What does the dark lord do in his free time, when not vying for supremacy over the world?)
Quote\s: (Notable things that the character has said, that may show off their personality or speech type)
Theme: (Musical theme)
Other:

JOHN HAVERSON

NcPXy64.jpg

Name: John Haverson
Aliases: None
Race: Human
Class: Soldier

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Hetrosexual
High Concept: Recently retired after a twenty five year stint in the Navy, first as a Marine and then an Intelligence Officer, John is now looking for his next job.
Relatives: Mother, Father and two Sisters, all on Terra Nova
Organizations\Affiliations: Former Navy

70uWw8n.jpg

BIOGRAPHY
Growing up on Terra Nova, John was accomplished pupil and star athlete. After graduating college, John took a divergent step and enrolled in the Navy's Officer Candidate School. An idealist of sorts, John had always been inspired by the tales of the military, fighting for humanity in the farthest reaches of the Galaxy. He enlisted with the intention of serving a short stretch and then moving on with skills gained from his time with the military and his degree. He volunteered and was accepted for Officer training with the Marines, despite vocal protests from his parents who had felt a position serving as an Officer on an Alliance ship would be safer than being stuck in the dirt with a squad of 'grunts'.

He was assigned to the notoriously tough 103rd Marine Division as a 2nd Lieutenant and proved to be a capable young Officer, rising steadily through the ranks, displaying a mature competency, willingness to learn and good leadership abilities. He saw combat battling pirates and Mercenary groups in the Decima Verge and was awarded the Bronze Star for saving his squad from an ambush by a group of slaver who had recently attacked a human colony on Garvagh.

As his rise through the ranks continued, so did his responsibilities. He transferred from his position in the Marines onto the CNV Ain Jalut with the rank of Lieutenant Commander before a call went out from ONI, the Alliance's Intelligence Service, looking to recruit promising Officers into their Division. John applied and was able to successfully navigate the exhaustive round of competency tests, exams and practical and theoretical exercises. From here, little biographical info is available other than his promotion to the rank of Colonel four years ago.

With twenty five years served and a military that was not the one he had grew up in, John decided to hand in his papers and enjoy retirement. To the surprise of no one that knew him, retirement for John lasted three months before he was seeking something other than a sedate life.

1517755848772.png

PHYSICAL
Tall, rugged and deeply tanned, John would be a PR Officer's dream for the next Navy recruitment campaign. The former Colonel stands at 6'2 and weights in at approximately 220lbs. Despite being in his mid-forties John still maintains a muscular physique and is in better shape than most men half his age. The progress of time cannot be completely ignored however; grey hair is clear on his temples and laughter lines tug at the corner of each eye and furrow his brow. Neither feature could be considered a blemish but add to a distinguished handsomeness.

1517755947907.png

Weapons & Armor: A sidearm purchased for his own personal security.
Skills & Abilities: John is an excellent marksman and a capable hand to hand fighter.
Enhancements: None
Psionics: None
Weaknesses: Despite being in excellent physical shape, John is reluctant to accept he is slowing down and as a result, is potenitally likely to take more risks, if the only danger presented is to himself.

Hobbies: Excellent chess player and keen reader. Fitness fanatic.

JOHN HAVERSON

NcPXy64.jpg

Name: John Haverson
Aliases: None
Race: Human
Class: Soldier

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Hetrosexual
High Concept: Recently retired after a twenty five year stint in the Navy, first as a Marine and then an Intelligence Officer, John is now looking for his next job.
Relatives: Mother, Father and two Sisters, all on Terra Nova
Organizations\Affiliations: Former Navy

70uWw8n.jpg

BIOGRAPHY
Growing up on Terra Nova, John was accomplished pupil and star athlete. After graduating college, John took a divergent step and enrolled in the Navy's Officer Candidate School. An idealist of sorts, John had always been inspired by the tales of the military, fighting for humanity in the farthest reaches of the Galaxy. He enlisted with the intention of serving a short stretch and then moving on with skills gained from his time with the military and his degree. He volunteered and was accepted for Officer training with the Marines, despite vocal protests from his parents who had felt a position serving as an Officer on an Alliance ship would be safer than being stuck in the dirt with a squad of 'grunts'.

He was assigned to the notoriously tough 103rd Marine Division as a 2nd Lieutenant and proved to be a capable young Officer, rising steadily through the ranks, displaying a mature competency, willingness to learn and good leadership abilities. He saw combat battling pirates and Mercenary groups in the Decima Verge and was awarded the Bronze Star for saving his squad from an ambush by a group of slaver who had recently attacked a human colony on Garvagh.

As his rise through the ranks continued, so did his responsibilities. He transferred from his position in the Marines onto the CNV Ain Jalut with the rank of Lieutenant Commander before a call went out from ONI, the Alliance's Intelligence Service, looking to recruit promising Officers into their Division. John applied and was able to successfully navigate the exhaustive round of competency tests, exams and practical and theoretical exercises. From here, little biographical info is available other than his promotion to the rank of Colonel four years ago.

With twenty five years served and a military that was not the one he had grew up in, John decided to hand in his papers and enjoy retirement. To the surprise of no one that knew him, retirement for John lasted three months before he was seeking something other than a sedate life.

PHYSICAL
Tall, rugged and deeply tanned, John would be a PR Officer's dream for the next Navy recruitment campaign. The former Colonel stands at 6'2 and weights in at approximately 220lbs. Despite being in his mid-forties John still maintains a muscular physique and is in better shape than most men half his age. The progress of time cannot be completely ignored however; grey hair is clear on his temples and laughter lines tug at the corner of each eye and furrow his brow. Neither feature could be considered a blemish but add to a distinguished handsomeness.

Weapons & Armor: A sidearm purchased for his own personal security.
Skills & Abilities: John is an excellent marksman and a capable hand to hand fighter.
Enhancements: None
Psionics: None
Weaknesses: Despite being in excellent physical shape, John is reluctant to accept he is slowing down and as a result, is potenitally likely to take more risks, if the only danger presented is to himself.

Hobbies: Excellent chess player and keen reader. Fitness fanatic.
Nicely done. Accepted

Yeah I’ll join too!
Interested.
You have my interest.
Can I add a late expression of interest?
Here is the link to the Main Thread

SS Destiny Rising: Galaxy Exploration

I should be able to get up a character by the end of the day. Quite busy today and at the moment to do anything xD. Apologies.

I have enough interest now, so I'll post the threads.

I tend to have a problem with players who express interest then disappear or who post a CS and never post IC. It's killed a good amount of my RPs, sometimes before the RP even starts. With that in mind, are you all still on board?
I have never related more to a post.
Def joining this, if accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back