• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Life Is Ours OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
im basically done and was gonna post it yesterday but I forgot, so ill finish it up today and post it soon :tm:

Woo! Is that everyone save for Storyteller's?

I've been sweating seeing everyone at a respectable level, but I figure I can spend some time making Seir/Carson a Level 8 Crybaby for a little bit for my own amusement xD

Woo! Is that everyone save for Storyteller's?

I've been sweating seeing everyone at a respectable level, but I figure I can spend some time making Seir/Carson a Level 8 Crybaby for a little bit for my own amusement xD
XD Thats hilarious! And yeah pretty much. Unless more people wanna join, but once Storyteller’s is in we can start!

TheAceInTheDeck TheAceInTheDeck voracity voracity StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Moomba Moomba NightmareDeviant NightmareDeviant

btw, I forgot to mention that once we start, we’ll be starting inside the game- and we’re already in the process of paying our debt!

players in the game can earn real life money through game coins and defeating monsters- or battles/fighting other players. Monsters also drop loot, so you can be in control of that- but nothing too high level (unless it’s a really high level monster) and nothing too out of place.

They enter back into the real life, in the afternoon so they all go to a cafeteria to eat. (What a sad life, they don’t even get breakfast or dinner 😭)

they reside in kind of a holding cell, with a bed, an area to play the game, and a toilet. That’s about it.

just to let ya’ll know!

if you have any questions, just ask!

TheAceInTheDeck TheAceInTheDeck voracity voracity StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos Moomba Moomba NightmareDeviant NightmareDeviant

btw, I forgot to mention that once we start, we’ll be starting inside the game- and we’re already in the process of paying our debt!

players in the game can earn real life money through game coins and defeating monsters- or battles/fighting other players. Monsters also drop loot, so you can be in control of that- but nothing too high level (unless it’s a really high level monster) and nothing too out of place.

They enter back into the real life, in the afternoon so they all go to a cafeteria to eat. (What a sad life, they don’t even get breakfast or dinner 😭)

they reside in kind of a holding cell, with a bed, an area to play the game, and a toilet. That’s about it.

just to let ya’ll know!

if you have any questions, just ask!
k o o l

Just some clarification, we're clearing out our debt by being enslaved as alpha-testers, is that right? It just sounded really weird when I said it out loud so I just wanted to make sure that's the general motive we're striving for here - finding bugs, trying to break the game as part of their job/sentence?

I don't think anything specific was mentioned, but did you have a overarching plot in mind for when they're in the video game? Do you need us to stick together as a party or are our characters free to do their own business and explore around solo?

How long have our characters been in their gamer prisons?

Just some clarification, we're clearing out our debt by being enslaved as alpha-testers, is that right? It just sounded really weird when I said it out loud so I just wanted to make sure that's the general motive we're striving for here - finding bugs, trying to break the game as part of their job/sentence?

I don't think anything specific was mentioned, but did you have a overarching plot in mind for when they're in the video game? Do you need us to stick together as a party or are our characters free to do their own business and explore around solo?

How long have our characters been in their gamer prisons?
They are clearing the debt by earning money for the company- by earning money in the game. Sorry I didn’t clarify. The game has been around for a while now, so there is no need for testers

The company wants control of the whole game- and that means to have the players working for them to achieve that goal. I don’t quite know how yet- but I’ll come up with something XD unless ya’ll have ideas on how someone could gain the rights to the game.

i would rather want our characters to stick together, but they dont know each other yet. They may have been working for the company for a while, but that doesn’t mean that they should know each other. Unless you want your character to know someone- that’s your choice.

In the game, they’re basically just earning money, but an event is coming up soon, and the prize is a whole ton of money. There can only be one team that wins. Oh! Maybe that’s how they gain the right XD.

Your characters could be in for however long you like, but what would make most sense for their debt.

sorry if this is all confusing, let me know if ya’ll have any ideas!

Although, we could totally make them somehow break the game, and they could escape their prison

there are a lot of options on how we could take this!

I had a couple of ideas for my character in particularly. First off, his debt is esentially insurmountable, and he knows this, which is why he's been working on an escape plan. Secondly, he's looking for information on who ratted him out, so he can take his revenge once he escapes.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I haven't watched or read the references you mentioned in the interest check, but from what I remember about the trailers and what you've given me here I think I have the whole picture now.

I'm trying to think of not only how but why the characters would even want to stick together and I'm getting nothing.

It's simple for lower level players to have a reason to find other people - needing allies, believing in strength in numbers, or even just getting farmed around by higher level players and suffering collectively - but having a mix like this really just ... like, if they were all in an accident (a sinking ship, a town getting raided) to start off the roleplay, wouldn't the higher levels just shake their hands a little and the whole thing gets solved in turn 1, then what? They just move on because there's nothing for them to actually do, its not like they NEED a party or other people, right?

DrDapper has a fantastic motive for their character, but does their character even need even one additional person with them to accomplish their goal (let alone a whole party?)

I can see my character hanging around a higher level character and being an errand boy just because it's easier than getting his ass beat left and right by opportunists everywhere, while making money doing things other than fighting monsters.

I'm thinking that part of Mitch's plan requires the upcoming event, and in preperation for that he's getting a team together.

Something that just came into mind - let me know if it kinda breaks the rules of the world you have, because I'm not exactly the most familiar with it:

Maybe in the video game, our characters have been beaten and taken as prisoners by another group/company of gamers. Since we're not earning money for OUR company, we're at risk of being thrown into jail for real, without any chance of repaying for our debts, so we have to work together to break out in the game? (And this is assuming that everyone has some ability to contribute to this prison break and/or have been weakened enough that they're not just going to pick their ear and blow up the whole prison block in one go)

Once they're out, they're all maybe mad enough to try and get revenge, which works out and they get a lot of money (or for example in Mitch's case, information) from their ex-captors/other company of gamers, but due to another incident, they lose all the money and then decide to sign up for the event that will get them the money back?

Generally, just not having money and being afraid that the company will find out and 'fire' them, so they're just a band of really poor, really desperate people? If someone else already has an idea which isn't as long winded as this one, I'm all for it :0

Something that just came into mind - let me know if it kinda breaks the rules of the world you have, because I'm not exactly the most familiar with it:

Maybe in the video game, our characters have been beaten and taken as prisoners by another group/company of gamers. Since we're not earning money for OUR company, we're at risk of being thrown into jail for real, without any chance of repaying for our debts, so we have to work together to break out in the game? (And this is assuming that everyone has some ability to contribute to this prison break and/or have been weakened enough that they're not just going to pick their ear and blow up the whole prison block in one go)

Once they're out, they're all maybe mad enough to try and get revenge, which works out and they get a lot of money (or for example in Mitch's case, information) from their ex-captors/other company of gamers, but due to another incident, they lose all the money and then decide to sign up for the event that will get them the money back?

Generally, just not having money and being afraid that the company will find out and 'fire' them, so they're just a band of really poor, really desperate people? If someone else already has an idea which isn't as long winded as this one, I'm all for it :0
Hey! Sorry for the late reply

so in-game they would be caught and held captive by like, a rival company? And they take everything from us and our characters want revenge and team up?

and once they’re out the money from their captors get stolen?

if that’s what I’m understanding, then yeah! I think that sounds fantastic! I do agree, it would make them have more of a motive for teaming up in the upcoming event.

Yeah basically! And DrDapper also has a really nice idea with Mitch needing a team for his own plans: knowing that the people he broke out of in-game-prison with are now digitally-dirt-poor and probably really desperate, he has the opportunity to recruit them for his own means ... sorry if I'm butting in on your idea here DrDapper - if we don't want such a long introduction (breaking out of in-game-prison, fighting rival company, and then somehow losing the money) we could probably just start off with just DrDapper's idea where Mitch is looking for the right people to build a team? Thoughts?

i enjoy a good prison breakout scene, so I definitely like the whole prison idea.

The irony of being stuck in prison trying to get out of prison only to be captuted and jailed in anyway tickles me really hard lol

like it! just sorta a side question tho, you can take away weapons but how would weapons like Chaos Magic and Whisper of Chains that don't have a physical form be stopped? can they be taken away too? or am i missing some important point?

like it! just sorta a side question tho, you can take away weapons but how would weapons like Chaos Magic and Whisper of Chains that don't have a physical form be stopped? can they be taken away too? or am i missing some important point?
Ummm hm.. well let’s say that there are rare objects/drops/loot in the game that can block off a player’s abilities- and the rival company somehow got a hold of a few of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back