• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Life After Death: Forgotten Home {OPEN}

LiviathRose

Eliminating the Heart
Code of Conduct - Characters - In-Character

Death is a natural occurrence that cannot be stopped but perhaps delayed and comes in a number of ways. Many people believe that after death, you either go "up or down" or perhaps nowhere. All your memories, thoughts and things you held close to you; gone. But sometimes, things don't go as we think they would and we end up living again in a whole new way.
You have died, yet your soul was bound to this Earth as "Death" had other plans for you. Despite if you wanted to or not, you have become a Reaper among the living and it is your job to help the living move on. Though as any given job, there is a person of "authority" that gives you your daily job of collecting the deceased and watching your every action. Each city has its own group of Reapers and it is not uncommon for other Reapers to run into each other despite if they know it or not. However, the living can see you. You have to live among the living just as they would including working (or other means of income), eating, sleeping and simply just living. Not taking care of yourself almost has the same consequence a live person would not taking care of themselves. Except you have a few benefits:

1. You cannot die, however, you can still get hurt or feel pain. Luckily, you recover almost as fast as the injury. Try not to make it seem so obvious in front of others.
2. You have a high metabolism, digesting things are no issue to you. Though you might want to think about planning some extra meals throughout your day.
3. You are less noticeable among the living unless coming into direct contact. Think of it as a veil, you can only be "unseen" until someone removes the veil. In this case, direct contact or causing attention to yourself. Afterward, people will be more aware of your presence for the time being.
4. Let's not forget, you nearly have a completely new identity. Meaning you don't look like as you did as you were alive but you might have a few lingering features.

Some Reapers have been doing their job for years upon years, taking on new identities every few decades. Some retired and moved on, or received a promotion believe it or not. But the job is never easy as sometimes you have to collect the souls you once knew, or fight off the hungry little Blogots who try to feed off the souls. Not to confuse with the Depki who put Death in motion. Oh, and don't forget you have a ton of rules you have to abide by.

Would this sound interesting to anyone? Just curious.

Last edited:
Im definitely interested! This reminds me of one of my favorite tv shows!

Interested!

just a question, what if some people played actual humans? I have characters that are twins and it'd be interesting to see them reaction with one moved on as a reaper and the other still living as a human.

dvds12 dvds12 Awesome! What kind of shows?
Anonymous Anonymous That would be fine. However, there are set rules for reapers. The reaper is a former deceased individual. Meaning that person they once knew no longer exist and has a new identity. The human cannot know the other person is a reaper as it is a rule to keep the identity a secret or there could be consequences. However, we might be able to work something out if you throw some ideas out.

LiviathRose LiviathRose It was a show called dead like me and it was so very good! but it only ran for two seasons and a movie sadly

Yeah Im thinking like they run into each other and they notice something odd and the living searches for the reaper while the reaper changes identities to hide themselves etc. Just a quick thought had.

dvds12 dvds12 Maybe I'll check it out.

Anonymous Anonymous That's fine. You have some time to think about it too.

If you guys have suggestions for the RP before I start it up, let me know. I'm open to suggestions and love feedback.

seems interesting. almost like a wattpad I wrote a little about (same name even, that is what sparked my curiosity). id be interested in being a part of it as it may help inspire my book further

Thanks, everyone for your interest, I will begin writing out everything so everyone has something to look at. Please give me 2-3 days before beginning.
Until then here are is a character sheet to go by, when you are finished, send it to me via PM so I can look over it.
dvds12 dvds12 Anonymous Anonymous AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983

Character Name:
Reaper Name: (Reapers are known as something. Example: Reaper of Silence or Reaper of Illness) Your name will reflect on the type of jobs you frequently take on but not limited to. You cannot be named after the Four Horsemen.
Date of Death: (You can go as far back as you want.)
Sexuality: (This is optional. Technically you are not supposed to be engaging with the living however, people do break the rules or reapers can have some sort of feeling for each other. This is for those who would like to include romance into their roleplay.)

Biography: (Before Death and After)
Personality:

Special Ability: Each Reaper is granted one special ability that is unique to their name (Reaper of...). Nothing crazy. We can discuss some ideas together if you need some help.

Weakness: Everyone has a weakness. Sometimes more realistic than others, like you have a weakness to Alcohol. You just can't seem to get away from it.

That is it for now. If I think of anything else, we can discuss it. I'll be making a discord as well. Anyone against this?

Last edited:
Character Page is up and "Code of Conduct" which is a very brief explanation of what could of possibly happened after you died. Rules. Etc. This doesn't mean this is where you start in the RP, but can if you so choose.

Added: Years of Reaping in CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back