• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
FmpwVC49ZjbWTcH2mon5E26ilK5tnMjxOTl6BRMiPCw3Pi0RLNETmaFumrQ8KgizngAyjuc3aMR071FdD5K5p-ZPsFED3zkgqL-gLq2NHgPwrm0FbJAWMvKbeZRQ8RBCZpA0h_Nk

Libra Academy (exterior photo of Carey Mansion in Newport, RI)

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys...at&fit=max&s=eafb6bbef5eed36110f7c3a7d63be7f8
Dr Norman Kessick (was supposedly killed, but his body later turned up missing from the morgue.)

++++++++++++++++++++++=

This is the story of survivors of experiments by a mad scientist named Dr Norman Kessick on prepubescent children. You are one of those survivors.

Dr Kessick used several sociopaths to collect children according to his specifications. Why he selected certain children over others is unknown. What IS known was that he thought he could produce a true superhuman. Many of the children died from the torture. All were given various mutagenic cocktails. Some were subjected to chemotherapy. Some were electrocuted, burned alive, suffocated, crushed, shot, stabbed.

You were one of the lucky ones. He never got around to the tests to see if your powers had been activated. And medical testing showed that no observable physical harm was done. Eventually you were rescued. But the psychopaths had killed your families leaving you orphans.

The police kept the identities of the children a secret as best they could, largely to save the kids from becoming targets of the Press, giving them a chance at a normal life. They were given new identities. People figured the children had suffered enough.

A very wealthy group of people took the children into a group home called the Libra Academy where they could receive therapy and a first class education.

The doctors had been wrong, of course. Dr Kessick hadn’t been as crazy as people thought. That doesn’t excuse his methods. Eventually your powers were triggered. And now you lead a secret life, hiding your nature.

It has been a few more years and you are now teenagers.

Your education was threefold: mind, body and soul. You were asked to excel in each area in some manner. Mind, of course, was more scholarly pursuits. Body was athletic. Soul was the arts - any form of creativity. Of course, not everyone could excel in all areas, much less one. But your mentors asked you to try.

Characters
Ages should be high school. The kids were rescued around age 11-12, It has been 3-4 years. So they should mostly be around 15-16. If the whole group asks unanimously, we can adjust this. But by age 17-18 powers should be maturing. A second character that is a year or two younger is possible, but their powers won’t be as developed.

Edit: Adjusting the ages to 17-18, or 5-6 years after the rescue.

Powers: I am looking for Umbrella Academy, Defenders, or similar low level powers. But please no RP breaking powers. I am looking for originality.

Blank CS

3rd person, past tense
Able to post 3-5 paragraphs on a routine basis

Last edited:
I'd be up for this after I think of a fun power. Any Discord etc?

Last edited:
Cool deal ... I have a couple characters I need to edit and post. Plus I need to get on the adults. The instructors are former "superheroes" really just vigilantes that ranged on power somewhere between KickAss and the Defenders. IE, pushing the bounds of belief for what a human can do. Just one of the Defenders could kick all their butts.

A couple of the mentors will be real supers - I think. Jury is still out on that. Might water them down.

Oh ... and still haven't made a Discord. Not sure about the rules of announcing a Discord here on this site.

At the moment I am also waiting to see what ages the group prefers. 15-16 ... or 17-18

I realized that Background might give people problems as it is pretty much the same for everyone given ages. Feel free to omit it.

Yep, I have a feeling most will prefer 17-18, basically young adults.

Got my character(s) up. I still need to work on the Staff. I went ahead and made my characters in the 17-18 age range. Basically I am pushing the group toward adulthood.

by all means. I need to create an OOC thread I suspect ... or a discord. Just not sure about rules where Discord and invites are concerned. Never used one for this site.

Pretty much just PM those in the game the link and its fine, since its clear the RP itself is on the forum.

Thanks. Was going to ask ApfelSeine in an OOC for another RP I am in, but this works. Thought he mentioned something that that effect. But as creating Discord Channel is a pain, I will probably wait until the RP actually begins. Had too many cases of people saying Interested! ... and never making a CS ...

Yeah at moment just chipping away at the CS between looking for a good image.

Lot of folks being slow, but many have been doing Finals. Plus, this had been a strange year, and an even stranger past 30 days in the US.

Yeah International Pandemics, Rioting, Killer Insects and Alien Encounters, 2021 really has its work cut out for it.

Got character done for the most part at least, just kinda having it a art image since cant find a Real one i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back