• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Liberty or Death (Alternative History Interest Check)

Rogue-47

Roleplay Type(s)
72177B20-F82D-4FCB-A39B-9E54F795FC90_1610645203.jpeg

Nineteen years have passed since the Great War ended in a costly stalemate for the Central Powers and the Entente. The United States by the strangest of fates avoids direct involvement on the Western Front. However, due to its economic ties with the Allies during the war the country suffered financially. The burden worsened with the cost of a highly controversial and failed intervention into the brutal Russian Civil War following a series of archaist bombings in the States that was blamed on the Soviet revolutionaries.

While recovering for a time during the Roaring Twenties the nation subsequently suffers the disaster of the Great Depression. Taking advantage of the chaos and desperation all around them, radical parties and paramilitary factions swell in greater numbers than ever before. Chief among them is the fascist organization known as the United Nationalist Party of America(UNPA) or Iron Eagles led by their charismatic and ambitious leader Albert Thorne.

Despite making a strong showing in the 1936 presidential election Thorne loses to (Democrat-Republican) coalition candidate Marcus Reynolds. Openly disputing the election results, the Iron Eagles prepare for war. By the spring of 37 it begins.

That’s the general background of the verse I decided on. One where the United States experiences a second civil war that takes place in the late 1930s. To be honest I took some inspiration on that aspect from the plot of the Kaiserreich mod from the Heart of Iron game series. Feel free to ask questions.

The main threat in the possible series is the fascist faction known as the Iron Eagles who are an alternative equivalent to the German Nazis in this scenario.

If interested here is an plot prompt for the verse we could do together. On the latter we can discuss here or make an discord chat for it if requested;

A unit from the US Marine Corps has just returned to the States following overseas service in China. Soon their unit is called up and find themselves fighting against the Iron Eagle forces in the West. Or you can RP someone else gets involved with the unit fighting alongside them against a common threat. Like for example other military branches, law enforcement, national guard, or civilians(man or woman with the latter) and uncover operatives from various countries like the German Empire or the British Commonwealth.
(Think of HBO’s Band of Brothers and the Pacific as a theme for this idea.)
(Between two or five writers can be involved.)

Last edited:
Got here so early, Kerensky is still alive.
(puts on cowboy hat)

March north as traitors and come home as kings. Long live the Kingfish.

Thanks for the interest folks. SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher oh yes certainly Aussies are more than welcome for this RP. In fact as long as it makes sense in the time characters from other countries can be involved as well.

Time for the rise of the Slouch Hat Sniper

Cool. Anyway here the character template with my main OC as an example

F7B33C60-E322-4934-A397-315073E0255A_1610677007.png

Name: Petros Sahakian
Nickname(optional): Pete
Ethnicity/Citizenship: Armenian/US Citizen
Height: 5’8
Date of Birth/Location: April 5, 1915, Ottoman Empire
Profession: US Marine
Hometown: Glendale, California, USA

History: Petros was born in Eastern Turkey to a family of herders. Weeks later their village was raid by Chetes with Ottoman backing during the Armenian genocide. His older sister escaped with him(an infant). Eventually they were rescued and evacuated along with other survivors by the allied forces at Musa Dugh in Syria. The pair stayed as refugees in Egypt before heading to the United States shortly after the Great War ended.

The siblings went to live with their fraternal uncle’s family in Glendale, California. Petros grew up there, embracing his new home vigorously much to Nayat’s concern. Years later in 1933 turning eighteen he enlisted with the US Marine Corps to escape the ongoing Depression at home. Following basic training the young man was shipped overseas in Shanghai, China to serve garrison duty for its international settlement.

Within four years Petros earned the rank of corporal and was finally sent home in 1937...

Personality: Determination is the key word that defines Petros. While conscious of his Armenian roots and tries to uphold it in a certain matter, it is conflicted with his fascination for his adopted homeland. As a young man Petros wants to make something of himself and believed he found a purpose in the Marine Corps. On the other hand the growing crisis in America concerns him, especially for his family.

While he can be proud and quite stubborn at times, Petros likes to think of himself as a practical fellow. Dependable to his friends and loved ones, he has leadership potential but still has much to learn.

Last edited:
Interested...if soviets are allowed also does FC need to be IRL I find them a bit creepy

Of course you don’t need a irl face claim but please make sure the face claim makes sense for the era. Yes the Soviet Union still exists and is in competition with the both German Empire and the Entente(mainly UK and France) in an three sided cold war. In this scenario regardless of most alignments, the Iron Eagles make themselves to be enemies to most. Hence why in the LA area our characters have to more or less learn to fight together against the common threat.

I'm interested!I'm thinking of making a naturalized Russian Jew that was deported alongside his family to the US during the late 19th Century pogroms in Russia.

1616690657915.png
Name: Jack "Slouch Hat" Wallaby-Dundee
Nickname(optional): "Jack" "Aussie"
Ethnicity/Citizenship: Australian
Date of Birth/Location: 3rd of March, 1897, Australia
Profession: ANZAC Infantry
Hometown: Sydney, Australia

History: Born in the outback, Jack was raised as a hunter. When the first world war broke out, he proudly joined up. Being sent overseas, he survived everything and came out alive, building a reputation in his regiment. He left ANZAC after the war, and became a teacher. But in 1936, he decided to go back, and was deployed to the US with his unit for training. But when a civil war broke out, he and his unit were ordered home, but he stayed behind, dedicated to make a change.

Personality:He is a bit quiet, and talks to himself a lot. Considered by many to be a true warrior, he is not questioned by those who serve with him, even if he is unorthodox.

Probably interested, submitting your typical yank here. Also, for the sake of the character sheet, would we happen to be the 4th Marines station in Shanghai at the time?

View attachment 866316
Name: Jack "Slouch Hat" Wallaby-Dundee
Nickname(optional): "Jack" "Aussie"
Ethnicity/Citizenship: Australian
Date of Birth/Location: 3rd of March, 1897, Australia
Profession: ANZAC Infantry
Hometown: Sydney, Australia

History: Born in the outback, Jack was raised as a hunter. When the first world war broke out, he proudly joined up. Being sent overseas, he survived everything and came out alive, building a reputation in his regiment. He left ANZAC after the war, and became a teacher. But in 1936, he decided to go back, and was deployed to the US with his unit for training. But when a civil war broke out, he and his unit were ordered home, but he stayed behind, dedicated to make a change.

Personality:He is a bit quiet, and talks to himself a lot. Considered by many to be a true warrior, he is not questioned by those who serve with him, even if he is unorthodox.

Cool character though I think we need to come up with a possible reason while the United States in that era would allow a forgien regiment on their soil before most of them all left. I think one idea it could be an arrangement made between the Australian and American government allowing the regiment to train there in exchange for an American army regiment to do the same somewhere in Australia. What you think?
Probably interested, submitting your typical yank here. Also, for the sake of the character sheet, would we happen to be the 4th Marines station in Shanghai at the time?

Well as a matter of fact the marines in this story will be from the 4th Regiment that just been brought back to the States.

1d0dfa8a498198ff746fb43e7e0d2000.jpg
Name: Leonid Abranel
Nickname(optional): Leon
Ethnicity/Citizenship: Naturalized Russian
Height: 5’10
Date of Birth/Location: March 2, 1916, Russia
Profession: US Marine
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

History: Despite his name, Leon is by all mans an American. His parents, Peotyr and Annika Abranel, were Russian Jews that fled their homeland during the heart of the Great War, taking their son with them. They were able to make it to the US, where they settled in what would be known as Little Odessa in Brooklyn. The family faced quite a bit of persecution, first for their religion, then for their country of origin once the US got involved in Russia. Young Leonid grew up speaking both Russian and American, going to school to learn his home's history, and coming back home to learn of his parent's. The Abranel's are to this day devout Jews, and Leonid followed suit. Little Odessa was a decent neighborhood. For the most part, everyone stuck together, many of them fellow refugees from the trouble in the Motherland. Leonid, unfortunately, didn't have much of a chance to get out of the neighborhood. He could barely keep a job due to bigotry, which was only compounded by the Depression. Like many others, he enlisted to escape this, sending what little money he made back to his family.

Personality: Despite his rough origins, Leonid is oddly upbeat. He's always the one to crack a joke or have a few drinks with his comrades. He values friends and family over all else. Governments change. One moment they're on your side, the next they're your greatest enemy. But family is always there for you, no matter what. Also, don't expect him to constantly be speaking Russian. He's an American, he may know Russian, but he's not gonna mix in a language hardly anyone knows into casual conversation. He's more likely to use Yiddish phrases, though he tries to keep those down to avoid any attention.

Great job gang. Now here are some notes on this alternative earth.

The Great War’s end
-The Central Powers/Allies conclude a Korean War style ceasefire. This eventually results in Germany's withdrawal from occupied Belgium and Northern France. The Austrian/Bulgarian occupying forces leave Serbia/Montenegro.

-In return the western Allies abandon the holdings they took from the Ottoman Empire and return Germany’s colonies in Africa and Italy is forced with much bitterness to cease fighting Austria-Hungary.

-Additionally a certain corporal named Adolf Hitler dies of his wounds shortly after the ceasefire

-The Japanese Empire refuses to turn over Germany's Far East territories.

Germany
-By 1937 Germany controls much of Central and Eastern Europe through either direct control or client states.

-Poland, western Ukraine and the Baltic States are among the states under the German Empire’s sphere of influence.

-While a dominant power in world affairs this Empire finds itself in an three sided Cold War with the Entente and the Soviet Union.

-Many dread the prospect of a Second World War.

The Entente
-The resulting ceasefire in 1918 while a great relief for many its outcome has left much bitterness and frustration as well.

-For much of the early twenties there is political and economic turmoil amongst the Allied Powers especially in the UK, France and Italy before recovery for the rest of the decade.

-Australia refuses to return the former German territories in the South Pacific before an arrangement was made later where the former officially ‘buys’ the islands from Germany.

-Serbia while freed of foreign occupation, is still bordered by the hostile Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria.

United States
-In 1919, the anarchist bombings killed more people than it did in OTL. Among the unintended victims is Franklin Delano Roosevelt. This massive loss of life leads to a larger American intervention into Russia, specifically within the pacific side of Siberia.

-The conflict lasted from 1919 to 1923, becoming known as the Siberian War or more commonly called the Red War. Later bogged down in fighting both communist insurgency and continevial Red Army units whole suffering high casualties in the war with no clear goals the American expeditionary force finally withdrew in mid 1923.

-Meanwhile back in the States first Red Scare is much worse than it was in the OTL, resulting in greater pain and hatred from the different political sides.

-In the 1930s with the Great Depression, both the Republicans and Democrats suffered great loss of membership to the radical parties such as the Iron Eagles. In desperation they form a shaky coalition that manages to narrowly win the 1937 election.

USSR/Japan/China

-The Soviet Union still manages to survive and win the Russian Civil War but with great loss of life and devastation.

-Jospeh Stalin still takes over the Soviet government sometime after Lenin’s death and Leon Trosky is exiled however, the latter secretly returns to the USSR(via Siberia) in early 1937, leading to a new power struggle between them.

-Soviet and Japanese border clashes intensifies, threatening to become a full scale war as chaos sweeps through the Soviet leadership.

-In China 1935, the KMT led by Chiang Kai-Shek successfully maintains their encirclement of their communist rivals causing the Long March to fail. Among the dead from the CCP’s ranks is Mao Zedong.

-Nonetheless, the Nationalist regime still deals with numerous internal issues such as it’s own corruption and the communist remnant still fighting on however, scattered and divided they are.

Last edited:
Cool character though I think we need to come up with a possible reason while the United States in that era would allow a forgien regiment on their soil before most of them all left. I think one idea it could be an arrangement made between the Australian and American government allowing the regiment to train there in exchange for an American army regiment to do the same somewhere in Australia. What you think?

Well as a matter of fact the marines in this story will be from the 4th Regiment that just been brought back to the States.
Yes, I agree. Also here's a list of guns that have not yet been invented, so cannot be used;
-MP40
-M1A1 Thompson(The M1928 is around though)
-M1 Grease Gun
-Bren
-Sten
-Owen's Gun
-MG38
-PPSH

Absolutely agreed. In addition the M1 Garand rifle will be in very limited numbers since that type of rifle was only introduced 1936. Now to clarify where this story‘s main location that would be southern California during the first weeks or months of this second civil war. Here what the Iron Eagle paramilitary(the main enemies) will look like. I took this from the Kasierriech fan art of a sliver legionnaire. I imagine many of these fanatics wearing military side caps as well.

672DD756-C2C1-48AC-98DD-0736733000E6.jpeg

Last edited:
😆
Now in terms of marine uniform basically the image Rusty used for his character Leonid more or less fits with the era in case for those considering marine characters.

If I want to RP as German character what could I choose, would there be something official like military adviser, volunteer pilots, or some guards in the German embassy something like that.

Plus would it be somewhat reasonable to assume the Germans could introduce some of their equipment 1-2 years faster than OTL since they're not restricted by the Treaty of Versaille in this timeline? Something like Panzer III and MP38, and would weapons like Kar98k remained Gewehr98 since the Kar98k was introduced more or less just to get around the treaty restriction on rifles. Oh and not to forget the U-boats and the High Sea Fleet might be more relevant in world affairs in this timeline.

If I want to RP as German character what could I choose, would there be something official like military adviser, volunteer pilots, or some guards in the German embassy something like that.
Would make sense as a volunteer, for sure. From a political and strategic POV, Imperial Germany prolly wants eyes and ears over in America under pretense of volunteers and aides. Who knows, maybe GM will elaborate.
Was planning on making a German volunteer myself.

It would be interesting to play as a German volunteer pilot. German actually had quite a few notable female pilots in the Luftwaffe back in the days like Hanna Reitsch and Beate Uhse-Rotermund, the mother of Erich Hartmann was a gliding instructor, so maybe a German female aviator would actually makes sense for the era, but I'll wait till GM give me the go ahead on this one first.

It would be interesting to play as a German volunteer pilot. German actually had quite a few notable female pilots in the Luftwaffe like Hanna Reitsch and Beate Uhse-Rotermund, the mother of Erich Hartmann was a gliding instructor, so maybe a German female aviator would actually makes sense for the era, but I'll wait till GM give me the go ahead on this one first.
For unit cohesion and narrative, I speculate that the GM will want us playing as a boots-on-the-ground unit. For the close-knit interactions and development. Playing as a pilot would make yourself detached from the unit, in my opinion. Maybe the GM will allow it, idk. Just a heads up that divulging with a character in a different branch won't be good for interactions.

Don't worry a pilot could get shot down and join the ground combat (?)
Sure. But take into account that they would likely return to their unit to refit and reorg for the next operations. That's just me speaking from a realistic military procedure. You don't see pilots wandering with an infantry squad for an entire war simply because they were downed the first time on sortie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back