Liam and Pyxis IC

InsanEleven

King Allyn the Autistic
Liam had been steadfast asleep since they had left the cavern, and up till now he had not done much more than grab his bedsheets and turn on his side. Leaving only the sight of his black hair out from under the sheets and the tips of his fingers, but not much more. Although the bed wasn't anything ridiculously big, he still looked rather small all tucked in a corner. When Emmalia and Pyxis had come in, he hadn't reacted much, just pulled his knees up higher to his chest and the blanket a bit tighter. It was actually Mouse who had become restless; taking the first chance possible to make a big leap from Em's shoulder to the edge of Liam's bed. Quickly the tiny creature had wriggled itself between the blanket and Liam, settling contently in the warmth and to the sounds of his best friend's heartbeat and breathing. Liam in turn seemed to had somehow picked up on the return of Mouse, perhaps through their magical bond, and had held it just that bit tighter.

Pyxis was minding his own business and was actually about to doze off when Emmalia alerted him. Waving at the door, he tried to wish them luck, but she left before he could give his reply. Silenced filled the room and Pyxis let out a sigh. “Well, kid looks like it's just me and you for a while. I mean I guess it works out. Considering that I get along with you and that I'm the one that stood up for you when we assembled as a group. I just wish I didn’t have to deal with your magic, but I guess that is a small negative to deal with.” the realization that he was talking to a sleeping kid and a mechanical mouse hit him and he let out a chuckle. His chuckle sounded like his voice deep, rusty and a little rough. He began to whistle to himself a soft lullaby from his childhood. It was something that helped relax himself and also brought some happy and fond memories. The melody was very soft and fluid. It seemed to almost mimic the sound of a soft rain. He continued on as he watched Liam sleeping and waited for the boy to wake up.

It took a few hours for Liam to stir and open his eyes, first of all having expended quite a bit of mana, and a secondary reason being that it was Liam, who arguably didn't care about sleeping in if he felt sleepy. There was really not much urgency there to wake him up; Mouse considered things to be fine, thus so did he. But eventually he opened his eyes and sat upright, rubbing the sand out of his eyes first before seeing Pyxis in the corner.
"Oh hello." He yawned, after which he smiled brightly. "Did you need a nap too? Mouse thinks naps are nice... but sometimes he sleeps too much and then his gears get all stiff." For a bit he stretched, his fingertips reaching for the sky as he smiled again, then fell back on the pillows. Landing on the bed he sent Mouse up in the air for just a moment. The metallic creature didn't react though, one could wonder if it could even sleep at all, maybe it was just pretending to be asleep so well that he fooled himself? "But if they are sleepy then it'd be mean to wake them up. So he'll just have to wake me up..."

Pyxis immediately became aware of the little one finally waking. Still not use to the old way that he spoke or the strange point of view he has, Pyxis just smiled. “Hello little one. Glad, you finally returned to the world of the living.” He gave a small chuckle. Back in his land, sleep was considered a state where the border of the living and the dead is blurred. “I am not really tired, but I am hungry. Do you feel strong enough to walk so we can find ourselves some food? Also, before I forget, it is just you and me since our companions seemed to have gotten another mission.” Pyxis stood up from the corner and stretched out his limbs. Just sitting and keeping watch on someone is very taxing on the muscle. I actually feel them sorer now, then in battle. If the kid doesn’t have the strength to get food yet, I’ll have to either bring it to us up here or carry him to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back