• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings gay & dead inside- 𝙢//

caustic

𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

✧༺༻∞∞༺༻✧

so this will be super casual compared to most of my threads. sup? I'm Ambi.
I'm LGBTQIA+ and deeply crave some more gay in my roleplay, k thank you. trans & non-binary characters are absolutely welcomed.
I tend to like angst and darker themes, so play that small violin to our sad, sad roleplays. However, I'll do lighter themes as well, including slice-of-life.
Curious about my roleplaying skills? Well, partner, I'd say I'm advanced. Subjective though that may be.

I try to spit out replies daily if not every other day, mind you. please don't rush me and I won't rush you. I like to pal around and send shitty memes and glorious vines, so someone who enjoys OOC is preferred. I have tendencies of becoming more attached to an RP if I have got OOC going on in the background, yo. so, I'm lazy as hell and am going to recycle my pairings, plots, and settings/themes/fandoms. I'll also throw in a writing sample for you. LET'S PROCEED, SHALL WE?

✧༺༻∞∞༺༻
; themes: angst - slow burn - psychological - gritty & dark - macabre - slight fluff - survival - thriller - mystery - the human psyche - beasts - revenge - moralistic complexities - phobias - toxicity - musically inspired - death - romance - platonic - mental illness (done respectfully as the same for any sensitive topic listed here) - addiction - Noire - mafia & crime - sexuaity struggles - Stephen King-inspired - Lovecraftian - urban fantasy - Sci-fi - Historical - Mythos and Mythology - post-apocalyptic - shifters and werebeasts - criminology - fantastical settings - futuristic - video game inspired

Settings and Themes
Modern
Historical (ask me about this one, there are some time periods I'm not well versed in.)
Fantasy
Futuristic
Utopic/Dystopic
Fantasy
Sci-Fi
Post-Apocalyptic
Any mixture of the above, to be honest.
Open to suggestions.
Fandoms

A vague list, I'm sure there's more I have forgotten.
Wolf's Rain
Hero Academia
Parasyte
Tolkien, though I could be better versed.
Probably wouldn't mind doing setting in some of Stephen King's novels.
Fallout
The Elder Scrolls
The Last of Us
Lovecraft
Dragon Age. Although I could be better versed in, tbh.
Mass Effect
Gravity Falls
Anything by Junji Ito. I suppose that's a bit niche.
Silent Hill
Law and Order: SVU, CSI
Amnesia and its counterparts.
Dark Souls.
The Purge
Bioshock
Red Dead Redemption
GTA
Animal Farm, 1984
Flatland
F.E.A.R
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Haunting Ground
The Cat Lady, Downfall
Dead Space
Okami
Pairings & Ideas

I can pretty much come up with a plot for any of these but ones with "*" already have seedlings planted.
It's like Subway up in here bros, pick and match and mix.

*Killer with Amnesia|Dectective
*Addict|Addict, Addict|Former Addict, Addict|Sober
*Darker twists on the Red String of Fate.
*Darker twists on fairy tales of all sorts.
*Cultist|Demon
*Cultist|God
*Ghost|Living, Ghost|Ghost, Ghost|Other Supernatural Being
Gods, maybe? Or entities such as Death.
*Someone struggling with their sexuality|Someone open, or perhaps, two characters struggling with their sexuality. Addable to any plot.
Exploration of life after death, perhaps?
Something based on the song Hotel California, or really, based on any song. Gotta love basing plots on songs.
*Shifters! Be they weres or something of the sort.
Survivor|Survivor in a post-apocalyptic or war-torn setting.
Soulmate AUs, but dark, maybe?
Rivalry to Romance.
Ex|Ex
Cthuloid shenanigans
Time Traveler|Normal Human
Dragon Shifter| Dragon Hunter
*Kidnapper|Kidnapped
Angel|Demon
Monster|Human
Immortal|Immortal
Immortal|Human
*Shifter|Human
Experiment|Scientist
Experiment|Experiment
*Competent Survivor| Incompetent Survivor
* Werewolf|Human
Werewolf|Werewolf
Criminal|"Upstanding" Citizen
Your ideas! pls, gimme them.
Plot Seedlings

(* Indicates I have more details for this particular seedling, but I am keeping it short for the sake of this post. I'm continually adding to this.)
------------------------------------------------
*Society is led to believe they live within a Utopia and Muse A falls under this umbrella, while Muse B, a wanted individual, knows the true nature of their world, and, in desperation, reveals this truth to Muse A.
------------------------------------------------
*Muse A is a detective that can see ghosts while Muse B is studious in criminal psychology and agrees to assist Muse A in capturing a killer who has proved to be an utter enigma.
---------------------------------------------------
*Muse A travels to a town where suicides are rumored to be exceptionally high, only to find that Muse B is the definite cause of this, unbeknownst to those around them.
----------------------------------------------------------
Muse A is a recovering drug addict while Muse B is a very convincing dealer.
Or Muse A and Muse B are two addicts struggling to get sober.
--------------------------------------------------------------
*Muse A is an undercover cop, undercover, that is, to the most dangerous gang/mob within the city.
Muse B is the crime/mob boss.
-------------------------------------------------------------
*Muse A is a shifter, a dying and hunted race, who comes to Muse B's doorsteps, injured and defensive. Muse B decides to take pity on Muse A.
------------------------------------------------------------------
*Something similar to Wolf's Rain. This isn't a seedling, but I've five million ideas for this, okay?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Muse A and Muse B are participants, willingly or not, of the purge.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muse A is an immortal being who is utterly sick of Muse B's time-traveling bullshit.
Or
{Tumblr plot}
Muse A is a time traveler, and Muse B is an immortal, they spend their lives together meeting throughout time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muse A is a human who, oddly, cannot die meanwhile Muse B is a frustrated Reaper, assigned to reap the soul of Muse A.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Tumblr Plot}
Muse A lives in a small town just a stone’s throw away from a dense forest, called the Whispering Woods. Every afternoon, especially in the fall, when the leaves are changing color, and the air is crisp, Muse A likes to walk through the woods on their way home. Muse A sits on the kissing rock at the mouth of the woods, straps up their boots and inhales the fresh pine before embarking on the winding path to the log bridge. As Muse A crosses the log bridge, one foot over the over, they enjoy the soft ‘whispers’ (for which the woods are named after) of the meandering creek below. The whispers always seem louder in October for some reason, almost comprehensible. Townspeople like to say it’s because the woods are haunted by spirits, but Muse A’s never been the superstitious type. They’ve been frequenting the woods since they were a kid and nothing spooky has ever happened to them before.

One afternoon, Muse A encounters Muse B in the thick of the towering pines. Muse B looks lost and disheveled as if they haven’t had a shower or a proper meal in a few days. Concerned for the unfamiliar wanderer, Muse A offers to guide Muse B out of the woods, back to civilization. Muse B instead asks Muse A to stay with them a while; they want to visit the log bridge, their favorite place. Muse A can see that Muse B is the lonely sort, so they agree to walk to the bridge with Muse B; they were headed there anyway. When the pair arrives at the bridge, Muse B struggles to recall why they found this spot so special, or anything about who they are at all to make conversation with Muse A, but they can’t remember. Muse A insists on helping Muse B leave the woods, worried that Muse B might be suffering from amnesia or something worse, but when Muse A gets to the edge of the woods, Muse B, who they thought was right behind them, is nowhere to be found.

Muse A calls out for Muse B for several minutes and gets no response. The sun is going down, and the chill in the air is biting through Muse A’s coat, so they go home. They barely sleep that night, thinking about Muse B and hoping they’re alright, wherever they are. Bright and early the next morning, Muse A returns to the woods, hoping to find Muse B again. Muse B is there at the foot of the log bridge, waiting for Muse A, unsure of how they got there or what’s keeping them bound to these woods. Muse B is a ghost but doesn’t know it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A darker plot that revolves around the red string of fate myth.
I have many alternate plottings for this given that this is just a taste of one of the ideas.
Serial Killer (Or serial criminal)|Detective
Or
YC (to be determined)|MC(to be determined) **see notes & alternative ideas**

YC and MC are connected through their dreams as well as the scatterings of their thoughts and memories. More or less tied to each other akin to a twisted red string of fate.
Our characters may own memories that belong to the other.
Incoherent thoughts that aren't theirs. The two also share a life force. One cannot survive without the other.
MC will often experience lucid dreams revolving around YC’s murders (or actions), be they past or current.
MC has no control over his actions in these dreams; he can only follow in YC’s footsteps through every sequence of events. A thick fog, vast and obscuring, shrouds the dreams, disallowing MC from seeing YC’s appearance or even hearing YC’s voice with complete clarity. YC has managed to chip away at some of this fog, allowing YC to discover the identity of MC. Lots of paths can form from here. Perhaps YC becomes keen on the life link the two share? MC is not as enlightened as yours in these matters, still in a state of discovery.
I'd love to develop the reasoning behind their connection. Be it from human experimentation the two are unaware of, a demonic aspect, or even a Lovecraft-type twist. This is a very moldable plot. I want to explore a darker side of the red string of fate. I have a lot of smaller ideas on this.

Notes: YC does not have to be a serial killer. I would just love this twist on a serial killer x detective plot. We can explore other avenues as well. Any moral conflict would be excellent to have here. I can see this set in a lot of different time frames.
!Alternate Ideas!: YC is a demon with an unfortunate attachment like the above to a human, oh boy.
Or anything revolving around a darker version of the red string of fate. It doesn't have to follow the above plot line to a T.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN LIMBO
After a rattling near-death experience, Muse A walks the lines between the living and the dead, capable of seeing those who have passed, however, up until this point his "sight" has been minor, blurred. Barely a scratch upon his life.

However, this ability is beginning to manifest to its fullest, becoming stronger as the days pass, like dreams transferring to reality.

Unfortunately for Muse A, this quirk brings about a certain allure to spirits, some with nefarious intentions which, unbeknownst to him, leaves him in a vulnerable state.

Muse A cannot communicate with the dead, his attempts proving fruitless, and he carries the knowledge that eyes pry at all times.

Muse B is a spirit caught within the "restless" realm of the afterlife, where there is no sanctuary- no heaven, nor is there a hell, only an endless limbo.

Those who remain in limbo for too long lose their sanity and eventually their humanity, becoming nothing more than hungering wraiths clinging to the remnants of their memories and seeking to devour the ones of others.
For reasons beyond his understanding, Muse B lives in a cyclic loop, reliving the moments of his death just as he experienced them when he was alive.

Things change once the seedlings of Sight begin to form within Muse A. From then on, Muse B lives free from the nightmare of his death, but to his chagrin is chained to Muse A and cannot explore far beyond him.
Not able to understand the linkage, Muse B is resigned to being bound to Muse A, whose psychological state is steadily declining as he struggles to cope with living amongst apparitions and the unnerving, haunting feeling of being hunted.
When Muse A begins to see Muse B and connects further to the afterlife, both their worlds are turned upside down.
For, as stated, to walk among ghosts while blood pulses through your veins is a dangerous path to tread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parasitical
Within a dystopic world, parasites prey, their existence hidden from man.
Muse A's shadow is sentient, a dying race of parasitic mimics that hide within the shadow of an individual. Muse A becomes aware of this curse, and, left aghast, struggles to come to terms as Muse B has few plans of going soon. Will Muse A must come to an understanding of Muse B's mysterious and forever elusive race, or, will they attempt to dislodge themselves from Muse B's hold?
Muse A and Muse B were lovers, briefly, but intensely so. Muse A, chasing fame, booked a one-way ticket to the west. Good ole Cali’.
Muse B, while dismayed, did not attempt to halt Muse A’s dreams, so, patiently, Muse B waits for correspondence from Muse A, awaiting the day they can be together again. However, as time crawls by, Muse A grows in popularity and begins to speak with Muse B less and less until, abruptly, communication is ceased altogether. Muse B is left with their heart shattered.
Years pass, and Muse B, with humor, decides to move to California, the state their former love pined over so much. Muse B is doing reasonably well for themselves. Muse A, on the other hand, is a flickered-out flame, his fame dissipating. In short, Muse A is a wreck, barely scraping by, try as he may.
In a chance meeting, Muse B bumps into, literally so, Muse A, who is utterly drunk.
How will Muse B confront Muse A and how far down the gutter has Muse A fallen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
tw; suicide attempt
If I’m Lost, Then How Can I Find Myself?
Muse A has grown up within a cult, his life built around religion. Being the son of a high-ranking priest, he is, of course, expected to follow suit. However, Muse A has a complicated relationship with religion, having, in time, growing to ultimately become something of an atheist, if barely bordering on agnostic.
However, feeling as if the weight upon his shoulders is too much to bear, Muse A makes a suicide attempt. Albeit only to experience a near-death experience where he meets Muse B ( a God, demon, angel, or something of the sort), who tears his ideologies of fate apart, as once Muse B interfered with Muse A's attempt, ending it, they now have an unspoken connection. Muse B has his own struggles within his domain and Muse A must face a bewildering reality that beings beyond humans exist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& MORE. I have a few, fun threads where some of my newer plots reside. I'd be happy to share you with them. Eventually, I'll gather them up.
Please share your ideas with me should you have any as well!~

I will ask for us to exchange writing samples~~
See mine below.

≧◔◡◔≦

Last edited:
YEET. >>>patience required if you contact me, I love to chatter but am in between a rock and a hard place due the Texas winter storm so I was without treatment for a chronic illness for a week. Due to this some days I can be scarce.

nudging this old baby.
i am a bit scattered from oversleeping A LOT due to chronic fatigue, so if you think I missed messaging you back, gimme a lil poke, I don't bite and would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back