Chitchat LGBTQ+, how do you show your pride?

Haha! I would say yes, but we're probably not even in the same state. It's just my luck.
Omg but the thing that kinda sets me off about this kinda stuff (not the dresses, the LGBT+), is people talking about their 'closet'. Like, 'getting out of the closet' and how hard it was and stuff like that. It's nice that they have their own stories to share and everything, but I don't like thinking of it as a closet. It just sounds absurd to me. I feel like people would ask 'what is it then?'. I would say, 'its you'. Your mind. It's kind of your decision to tell the truth or not...I mean, people could hold you back, but only in your mind. They might say something that scares you and makes you not want to say anything, but then its still your decision, isn't it? Trust me, I know. I still haven't said anything...and the things my father has said has scared me half to death...but I realize that's its still my own decision, and someone out there would support me, if not my father or step-mother.

I can't really show my pride at work (to my clients), so I take a lot of time to at least educate my coworkers on queer shit. They actually seem to enjoy it, and it makes me feel good. Beyond that, a lot of my pride comes out in making nonbinary characters for the D&D games I'm in, wearing pins and pride items on the weekends, and in my practice as a witch.

I'm asexual but we're not as visible as, say, transpeople or gay people openly in relationships. People honestly don't know until it comes up in conversation that I'm not interested in relationships or sex.

by living my life as simply as i can, not letting anyone else's opinions of me affect my own self-image or any of the things i want to do in life. ...or i try not to, but sometimes that's easier said than done. i am getting braver, though.

I am actually the Vice president of my university's LGBTQIA+ club!
As a non-binary Lesbian, it is a great way to show pride!
I also have both flags in the back of my car so it's pretty obvious to anyone behind me lol

I also have both flags in the back of my car so it's pretty obvious to anyone behind me lol
YOU HAVE A (Here in my mind we censor ourselves) LGBTQIA+ CLUB!!!

YOU HAVE A (Here in my mind we censor ourselves) LGBTQIA+ CLUB!!!
Yes! It's super fun too! We have events like Drag night, Coming out Day, Halloween events--all kinds of stuff! I always recommend that the students of their uni's apply to have one formed!

Where do you go to school I need to transfer now!
Yes! It's super fun too! We have events like Drag night, Coming out Day, Halloween events--all kinds of stuff! I always recommend that the students of their uni's apply to have one formed!

I go to a small University in Ohio!
Though my old Comunnity college had an LGBTQIA+ org too, so they aren't uncommon!

Sadly I haven't come across one yet.
Although in my old middle school we did have a LGBTQIA+ Rock.

Well that's pretty cool. My friends are/were (corona sucks) helping out with things related to an allience club called GSA (Gay-Straight-Allience). The name doens't really make a whole lot of sense, but the premise of it is that it's a safe space for an LGBT+ wanting to be around other people in the community as well. It was hosted by this amazing teacher (one of the best). He's cool, and he literally lets anyone host clubs at his room whenever (as long as its not class time obviously). He likes a whole bunch of things, and will have meaningful conversations all of the time! Unlike other teachers. Plus, He's a veteran, which makes him way more respectable. Coolest person I've ever met. And I'm just a trans catgirl looking for someone to help me out of loneliness. But I guess he's there to help everyone. I got to know him a bit better when I had to do something called 'Anytime School', which is summer school but basically just afterschool. After school program was apparently way different. Anyways my friends were always going to the club meetings (although I would never go, because I did have other friends I had to hang out with, and I had a pretty busy lunch schedule, so I never really had the time), and I only ever went once. It was kinda awkward because it was kinda the same people who were always in his room. This one time they came over to me while I was hanging out with some other friends, and they were so mad, because some people kept ripping off their flyers they were hanging up! So I told them to do something that somebody can't simply tear down. Like ask for an announcement from the school over the intercoms or something. Then I thought about simply standing next to the flyers and kicking anyones ass who tried to rip them off.

I have a pair of converse that have rainbow soles that I wear pretty much anytime I go out. Also lots of bi/trans enamel pins.

Outside of stuff, I do things to make myself look more masculine (I’m a trans guy) and really just be myself.

I don’t. I’m bi and I’m not proud of it. That doesn’t mean I’m ashamed of it. I’m just indifferent. I just see it as a superficial feature like my eyes or my nose or my hair (though I am proud of my hair, as I put work into maintaining it). If others are proud of their sexuality, fine, but I’m just not. I didn’t have to do anything to be bi other than exist.

I don’t. I’m bi and I’m not proud of it. That doesn’t mean I’m ashamed of it. I’m just indifferent. I just see it as a superficial feature like my eyes or my nose or my hair (though I am proud of my hair, as I put work into maintaining it). If others are proud of their sexuality, fine, but I’m just not. I didn’t have to do anything to be bi other than exist.
I'm not proud of anything like that for myself either, so I feel that...

How the pride you see on the daily is a deadly sin?
The Bible is clear that it’s ok to encourage and admonish each other and to take pride in the good works of God and His creation. We can be proud to be children of God. But we cross into sin when it revolves around ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back