• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy LF: Someone to explore a fantasy world with long-term

MoonlightMads

lover of foxes and ferrets
IntroductionHello! My name's Maddy, and my pronouns are she/her. I have a few years worth of text roleplay experience, having played in an online Dungeon & Dragons group for the past 3 years, and about 2 more years of casual roleplay before then. I love some d&d, but I'm looking to dive back into something more casual and free, without a game system to tie me down.

Recently, I've been putting together a little setting of my own, inspired by my interests in Chinese and Japanese history, the Viking Age, and The Elder Scrolls, with some concepts lifted from Shawn Tomkin's RPG, Ironsworn. It's a fairly basic premise, but I'd love to find someone to help build upon it and tell a story within it.

SettingMore than one hundred and fifty years ago, the Laohu Empire, centuries old and proud as the tiger for which it is named, entered its Age of Shame. Vicious hordes of men swept down from the mountains at the Empire's far western border, led by a Prophet-King bent on cleansing the land of heretics in the name of their Faceless God. The Laohu Empire had never met these men before, let alone on the field of battle. The Laohu Empire's finest fought for many years against this new foe, but with their suits of thick steel, their lances like lightning, and their warhorses like thunder, the Army of the Faceless God was unrivalled. Countless Laohu cities were razed to the ground, along with their people.

In the last days of the war, the Emperor of One-Thousand Stripes met with his chief strategists--or at least those who remained. After much deliberation, it was decided that, rather than meet its bitter end at the point of a lance, the Laohu Empire would survive and start again in a new land far across the eastern sea, long whispered of by sailors. So it was that the surviving Imperial Family, along with thousands of their subjects, abandoned their homes, piled onto ships and braved the harsh ocean in search of a new home. Many never saw land again.

After a long, grueling voyage, the Laohu Empire found its new home in the form of the untamed and unwelcoming Ironlands. In the decades since, the Laohu Empire has struggled to recover a fraction of its former glory, carving meager cities and settlements out of the wilds, all while avoiding the jaws of the Ironlands's beasts, and maintaining a fragile peace with its native inhabitants, the Firstborn.

The strength of the Empire, however, only continues to decline. A coalition of lords has seceded from the Empire, and remains unbroken by the Laohu Armies, leaving many to wonder if they should do the same. In the north, the Firstborn have begun to reconsider the place of these outsiders in their ancestral home. Still yet, some devout Laohu lords dream of sailing back across the sea and reclaiming their homeland. A new Emperor of One-Thousand Stripes has been coronated, third of his line since the Laohu Empire made its exodus, and whatever he intends, all the world watches him.

PlotI'm afraid I don't have any hard-set plot yet, but I was hoping to spitball and work one out. There's room for all sorts of stories in Laohu Empire's Age of Shame. An Imperial army force working against the secessionist Coalition of Lords; adventurers in the more dangerous, unsettled areas of the Empire; diplomats making peace with the Norse-esque Firstborn; members of a warband in the independent lands of the Coalition, etc.

What I'm looking forI'm not picky about this at all. Beggars can't be choosers. If anything I just wrote interests you and you know how to write a sentence, then I'm sure we'll get along swimmingly. That said, here are some particular things I'd like:
-Somewhere in the PST/MST/CST/EST timezones. I'm in CST myself, and it'd be a lot easier if we were in close timezones.
-Someone who can post multiple times a day. Not every day has to super productive, or productive at all, but it is nice to sit down and crank out a few posts a day sometimes.
-Someone who can write multiple paragraphs. Definitely not picky about this. Sometimes a couple sentences are better than a couple paragraphs. But some nice description every now and then really makes a story come alive, imo.
-Someone willing to play long-term. I'm hoping to explore the death throes of the Laohu Empire in detail, potentially following multiple story arcs over the course of years.
-Someone LGBTQ friendly, or LGTBQ themselves. I belong to the LGBTQ community myself, and there's plenty of room for such characters in the Ironlands.

If any of this interests you, or if you have any questions, hit me up and we can talk!

Aiguo adjusts his glasses and peers closer at the text in front of him. As he runs his hand over the newly shaved stubble on his head, he nods. Yes. This will do.

"I see you are looking for one to play your game." Aiguo says imperiously. "I, Sage of the Lower Basin and Diplomatic envoy, am interested."

Placing his glasses down on the table, he paces back and forth in front of the fire that had burned down to cinders. The waiting. Always the waiting.

Aiguo adjusts his glasses and peers closer at the text in front of him. As he runs his hand over the newly shaved stubble on his head, he nods. Yes. This will do.

"I see you are looking for one to play your game." Aiguo says imperiously. "I, Sage of the Lower Basin and Diplomatic envoy, am interested."

Placing his glasses down on the table, he paces back and forth in front of the fire that had burned down to cinders. The waiting. Always the waiting.
Exciting! I'll PM you soon, and we can discuss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back