• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic LF: Partner for a Cyberpunk-Noir Thriller

Aesir

Per aspera ad astra.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
What it says on the tin, really. I’m looking someone who will do this specific type of plot with me, and I know it’s niche - but I’m hoping for a long-term thread with someone who shares my interests. Free me from these brainworms, it hurts. Please read the requirements carefully, as it’s unlikely I’ll budge too much on a few of those.

About me: You can call me Ash. Pronouns are they/them; I am 21+, and a writer/RPer for over a decade now. This hobby means a lot to me and I’m always looking to trade stories, headcanons, and dialogue with my fellow writers. If you'd like to know anything else, feel free to be upfront.

What I’m looking for in a partner:
  • Ideally 21+, but 18+ is fine too. Please be willing to discuss and chat with me (even if it’s not about the thread, though it certainly can be) openly in OOC!
  • Uses Discord for OOC. Thread itself can be Discord, RPN (PM or Thread), or Google Docs, your choice.
  • Open communication. If you absolutely must drop the thread, have an emergency, etc. please let me know. If more than a week passes without a response from you I will simply assume you ghosted. If you no longer express interest, just let me know so I'm not left hanging.
  • Writes 3-5 paragraphs on average. We can go shorter if we’re doing rapid-fire. (I prefer to match lengths, and can even go up to novella if need be, but I’d like to avoid that here)
  • Lit-Advanced Lit. If I cannot adequately read and comprehend most of your sentences, we won’t hit it off. I am not a prick about grammar (we're all human) but I would really like what I read to be easily legible.
  • Able to respond at least once every 2-3 days minimum. Faster is even better, but I really cannot deal with any more threads that are slower than this.
  • If you are willing to GM/DM this 1x1 in some capacity, I will highly prioritize you in consideration, but it is not a deal breaker nor is it a necessity for this to be included. (It would be a huge bonus though)
For the thread itself:
  • Cyberpunk-noir setting. Think Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Psycho-Pass, Actual Cyberpunk (2077), that kind of thing! I want the thread to be set in a more advanced version of our world, but still subject to many similar flaws. Can include elements such as organized crime, dystopia, or other dark elements. (I have some existing worldbuilding, but it is not crucial that it be used.)
  • All major characters must be 21+. Minimum of 18+ if they must be younger.
  • You may have to play more than 1 character on occasion. Please be okay with this, as I will be.
  • Romance is okay as a side element if developed. But please do not expect it to be the focus, this is not that kind of plot.
  • May include pre-existing or newly-made characters. I have someone in mind, but their backstory is easily malleable.
  • The focus is everything you’d expect from a fast paced mystery-action film - suave agents in suits stealing secrets amidst gunfire, shady dealings with organized crime and/or politicians in power, and bullets being louder than words. Expect characters who work for the CIA/FBI (or equivalent), bartenders for mafia fronts, and bounties being placed on their heads.
Please send a writing sample of some kind when you comment/PM me! (Either is fine) I will have one to show in turn. Additionally, tell me more about yourself as well - what you like to see in a thread, a character you've got in mind, anything! I love having a friendship with partners - I do not bite!
(I reserve the right to ignore any messages that consist of next-to-nothing. It's just not a good first impression and I'm typically extremely off-put by them.)

That is all. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Last edited:
"Cloudpunk delivery driving duo that's working to figure out WTF is going on with the crumbling metropolis where cyberneticly enhanced goons are uploading people's consciousness into chips and making them work as restroom doors for all eternity?" he gasps trying to catch his breath, "Damn, that was a long sentence."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back