• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

LF a rookie D&D campaign group & all-star GM to run it

Tybalt

Hey,

I'll start off by saying I have NEVER played a D&D -or any similar type of game- campaign before in my life Not online nor offline. But I want to try my hand at it. So instead of joining other games with experienced players and ruining their fun with asking countless questions or messing up a normal approach to an encounter or scenario by blinding the whole party with a well-timed FLARE, as we are about to be trampled by stampeding minotaurs...I'd rather not.

So I came up with a fun alternative.

Lets NOT make me the numbskull that does the above and gets smited by our own cleric, but lets make ALL of us the aforementioned and boom, problem solved. I know, my logic is flawless. -.-

Seriously though, I'm looking for like-minded d&d newbies like me who want to learn, have fun and write/dice our way to treasure and legends. Anyone knows the way?

The next thing we need is an equally like-minded but more experienced GM, probably with a hell of alot of points in mental fortitude because you'll need it.

Anyone interested? Please list in which role you're interested in as well. Player or GM

And lastly, not that it matters much but be prepared to, in addition to learn the system, also learn to immerse yourself in roleplaying and such by 'putting in effort & time' to your posts to write more than "I walk up to the goblin and cast Mezmerize. The goblin is brainless. So am I, now. The goblin wrenches the club out of my skull and walks away."

I assume you'll know what I mean by all that, I'm not overly serious or a stickler (is that a word?) but lets put learn & improve while having fun, all I'm saying.

So, who's up for it?!

If you’re still looking to put something together I’d like to join in as a player. I may possibly know someone who can GM for it if you don’t already have someone.

I can GM if you would wish. I'm not what one might consider an expert but I've GMed a couple campaigns in addition to being player countless times so I know my way around things.

One more question before I do anything else. There is a tabletop rpg that is similar to D&D (as most tabletop RPGs are) but instead of fantasy it's futuristic/Steampunk like. It's called Cyberpunks. I will be honest and say I have DMed for Cyberpunks more than D&D. If everyone is more interested in Cyberpunks I can do that. It still will give you the general feel for how a tabletop goes, the only difference is the setting. If you were interested in it for the magic than D&D is the way to go, if you just want the tabletop experience I recommend Cyberpunks. But seeing as this was originally for D&D I get the feeling that's what most people are going to want. Really I'm good with either or ^^

I wasn't really thinking of going in sessions. Just whenever people could post. Sure in sessions people are all there but there will still be people who post faster. It's harder to plan sessions anyway.

One more question before I do anything else. There is a tabletop rpg that is similar to D&D (as most tabletop RPGs are) but instead of fantasy it's futuristic/Steampunk like. It's called Cyberpunks. I will be honest and say I have DMed for Cyberpunks more than D&D. If everyone is more interested in Cyberpunks I can do that. It still will give you the general feel for how a tabletop goes, the only difference is the setting. If you were interested in it for the magic than D&D is the way to go, if you just want the tabletop experience I recommend Cyberpunks. But seeing as this was originally for D&D I get the feeling that's what most people are going to want. Really I'm good with either or ^^

I'm an either or kind of guy too

I'd prefer D&D, I'm more of a fantasy kind of person :P

I'd say D&D too.

If there's still space in here, I am interested in playing D&D as well and I'm rather new to it too.

If anyone is still interested feel free to PM me and we'll work on making your character ^^

For anyone who comes across this in the future, there's always another seat at the adventuring table! Get in touch with me and we'll get started!

Al though I'm a bit sad that I missed the boat in joining the campaign, I'm glad it kicked off regardless!

Hope you all have a blast!

PS: I'm back after having moved habitats (I sound like a bear but okay ) and settling in. :)

Is there still a game for newbies still going on? Even something that I can view if not partake. I've never played DnD but would like to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back