• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings LF: 18+ Advanced Novella Partners [M/M F/F Original Pairings]

eyedress

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫.

Hello, hello! My name is Devin — or Dev for short. My pronouns are she/they. I’m 20 years old and going on 21 in a couple of months. I have been roleplaying for roughly nine years now so you can say that writing is my passion. I can roleplay just about any genre, but my favorites by far have to be fantasy, romance, sci-fi, supernatural, and maybe just a sprinkle of historical. Since I roleplay Novella style, I tend to write a LOT most days. At the very least, my average response will be around 500 words — but at most, well… Probably triple that. Don’t be alarmed! I promise that I don’t always drown my partners in text. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity, after all. At the same time, I like to expand on how my characters navigate through the world around them. Sometimes, that can take up a hefty sum of my word count. I prefer doing 1x1, and I only write in third-person perspective. Since I'm working a full-time job and also in college, my replies are typically going to be on the slow side most days, but I usually try to reply at least 2-3 times a week depending on the length. I would also like to mention that I’m in several writing workshops, and I’m in a casual band as well. So yeah, my life is pretty busy.

Before I move on to my requirements, I just want to make one thing clear. What I’m looking for is someone to write with. Not someone to simply roleplay with. Give me the angst, the drama, the world-building, and the character development. Hell, give me everything. Make these characters real. Make them have hopes, dreams, and ambitions. I’m very passionate about writing, and my goal is to become an author in the near future, fingers crossed. When I say that I want to write, I want to write.

If all of that looks good to you so far, here are my requirements:

1. If you have any triggers, please don’t hesitate to discuss them with me. I don’t have any myself.

2. I’d prefer that you write in third person.

3. As long as I can understand what you’re saying, I don’t mind grammar mistakes every now and then. We’re all human, so we’re bound to make them.

4. While writing explicit scenes isn’t a necessity, it is preferred. I expect you to be versatile in either role. If explicit scenes make you uncomfortable, we can just fade to black. Whichever works for you!

5. I use art for most of my face claims (with credit). I would prefer that you do the same, or just write a plain description. I’m not opposed to real-life face claims, but I’m not too stoked on them, either.

6. Communication is key! Please don’t hesitate to discuss the story with me. Tell me which direction you would like the story to go in next. Tell me which aspects you like about the story, or maybe ones you don’t. I tend to lose interest very quickly If I’m the only one contributing to the progression.

7. Another note on communication — I will not crucify you if you disappear for a few weeks. We’re all busy people. Just let me know whenever that happens, and I will do the same.

I think that about sums everything up. If you’ve managed to get down to the end and happen to still be interested, shoot me a pm with a writing sample and tell me a little bit about yourself. I have a ton of plots that I’d be happy to share.

Until then, au revoir!

Hey!

I would be really interested in pairing with you - I have been lurking for a little bit and what you’re offering sounds like the type of thing I’m looking for.

My name is Jo, I’m 26, and I was HOOKED on RPing for a good 3-4 years of my life back when I was a teen (I’m talking…3-4K words a day, stay-up-til-1am kind of hooked). I used this site from 2014 - 2016 I believe (I will warn you that the stuff on here is…not my best). I’ve been super busy with life up until now and I really have been wanting to get back into it. I came looking to this site after all this time because I met some of my favourite RP partners though here. I would too be interested in more long-form, thought out replies instead of several 300 odd word replies with just a bit of dialogue.

My preferred genres are sci-fi and fantasy, I really love worldbuilding and having a good amount of varied characters. I have a super heavy bias towards LGBT themes (both as a sucker for romance and an irl gay woman), though I’m more of a fan of slow-burn, well developed love than awkwardly smashing characters together.

I was wondering whether you had any plot ideas you were toying with currently that we could use as a starting point, or any characters/scenes you’d like to develop?

EDIT: Regarding the writing sample, I’ll dig something out tonight and PM to you, I just wanted to introduce myself before I lost this thread/forgot!

Wow, hi there! I'm sorry if I'm responding to your post a tad too late- I'm new to the site and it immediately caught my eye. I feel like you just put into words what I've been trying to find in roleplay for a long time, honestly!

Anyhow, my name's Swann, I'm 18, and my pronouns are he/zie. I'm comfortable writing any fantasy subgenre whether it strays toward grimdark or hopepunk, and I can promise to combat your word count to the very best of my ability. Juggling enormous casts of characters and fictional nations with painstakingly detailed histories is my middle name! In short, I'd be very interested to roleplay with you considering the things you've listed.

If you'd be interested, I can rattle off a few possible plots and characters of mine for you to pick from. I hope you're still looking, and if not, no worries! Best of luck with your search, and have a good holiday.

Just a fair warning: if by "explicit scenes" you mean anything s3x-related, that stuff's against RPN rules so publicly announcing you're interested in that could potentially get you in trouble.

Other than that I like what I'm seeing, I might throw a DM at you when the time is right. I don't think I've played with a fellow musician before, and I have a vague idea somewhere in my Vague Ideas drawer that'd work best with one.

I'm more interested in what you have in mind~ I have a set of twins I've been wanting to use for a fun scene!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back