• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Lewis High: Inspired Degrassi and Westbrook High

doc_lovesponge

Mr. Showstoppa
Before I create a lore thread and elaborate further on the side characters and NPC's, I want to propose an idea for the role play I've been thinking up. While still a written role-play that involves heavy character/ player involvement, the main idea of the role play may seem a little odd to the role play purist and veterans, which is completely fine! However, I just want you guys to bare with me as I describe the idea for this role play, and what I want to happen with the future of this role play. Well, let's get into this.

"Okay, you got my attention, but get to the point already!"

Alright, so this is going to be a High School role play. Is it an overplayed form of role playing, and possibly overdone ad nauseam? Yes, yes it has. However, my opinion of this type of RP changed when reading the Westbrook RP by the user Winona. I decided that I loved the RP, and I wanted to run a RP of my own. I want all of the drama, all of the twist, and all of the school altering events that come with a melodramatic teen drama, and I'm missing some Degrassi in my life. So, I decided to take the plunge and run an RP of my own! Though there are going to be some pretty shocking changes.

I guess I should come out and say it here, this is less of a role play and more of a large scale writing project, akin to the SCP foundation or a comic book company with a shared universe. Your actions will still matter, but the end goal is to be entertaining to read and hopefully to write as well.

The plan is to have a small group of role players, and two admin. The role players should be rather self explanatory, they role play. Roleplay multiple main characters in fact. However, there's a schedule to it. Role players will be free for the whole week. Yes, this isn't going to be similar to the play-by-post format that you are used to, which is still a great way to play. But this will be a role play where the players are free for the week, able to play their other role plays and think of the response they want before they need to post it. It can be a great time to think and not get burned out on a role play. Think of this like a D&D campaign where you have a one day or session to play while the rest of the week is just talking about the last session and planning. However, when the day comes to write, it should be less casual than usual. A decent amount of writing is expected, as in at least 1000 words for that day. Though unavailability can be excused by talking to an admin.

An admin basically acts as a DM or GM in an average Tabletop RPG. They act for the NPC's control for the overall world, and act out for the NPC. Admins will pretty much be the world that role players are changing. I will be an admin, but there will be at least three at the start, though admins have to know that their characters exist for the players to interact with, not to outshine.

The rules may seem weird, but they are for a purpose. Burnout and turn over rate is a big problem in roleplaying games, along with the problem that having a all week play by post comes with. Having a structure with long breaks between post not only keeps the players rather fresh with the plot, but hope fully keeps the players coming back!

Last edited:
Hiya! I was actually part of Westbrook, I'm kinda amazed that it inspired someone. I'd be willing to join your RP if you'll have me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back