• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Should I incorporate Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InsaneBlathers

Plot
The Seamint is a legendary treasure that is supposedly able to provide one with enough funds to have anything they could ever want. The problem? It is rumored to be on an island that only takes physical form once every three years. Go on an adventure with your Pokemon, travelling through islands, mountains, and more!

Mechanics
Characters will tavel through various locations. Each location has different side quests and tasks to undertake, some mandatory, some optional! Gain an edge on others, explore, and uncover the mysteries of the land!

Expectations
This is a Simple RP, so the minimum is just one paragraph. No godmodding or Mary Sues/Gary Stus whatsoever!
There isn't much plot yet, things will develop as the rp goes on!

Pokemon
You are allowed to start with one base form Pokemon at level 5-15. The pokemon must evolve twice and it can't be a legendary/mythical or psuedo-legendary.
Each area/route allows you one encounter. You will be given three random options each, or you can skip your encounter for the area. Any pokemon you catch must be RPed.
New moves, level ups, and evolutions will be announced by me in the RP thread.

Tell me your character's:
  • Name
  • Native or foreign (if forgein, what home region?)
  • Starter Pokemon
    • Species
    • Nickname
    • Level
  • Simple Backstory (motive for finding the Seamint?)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Fandom - Leviathan Lands Character Sheet here are sign ups.

Last edited:
Side question: Would this work well in a pokemon setting? Do you think this could be changed to work with that? Or is Pokemon not very popular here?

Question for you:

Did you already have a Pokemon edition pre-planned before making this thread?

Not exactly, but I realized the concept would go well with the addition of Pokemon!

Honestly, a lot of concepts would go well with the addition of Pokemon, that's the beauty of it. Those collectible monsters can fit in modern settings, past settings and future alike, and fit in both explorative and one-place settings too.

Honestly, a lot of concepts would go well with the addition of Pokemon, that's the beauty of it. Those collectible monsters can fit in modern settings, past settings and future alike, and fit in both explorative and one-place settings too.
Is Pokemon popular on this forum?
If so, would this rp be better with that addition?
I like pokemon and would be more than happy to do this!

Is Pokemon popular on this forum?
If so, would this rp be better with that addition?
I like pokemon and would be more than happy to do this!

While Pokemon is popular in a lot of places including here, perhaps you should get feedback from others who are entering this thread to reply before making that decision.

Ok!
I'll wait for other's thoughts.
I'll make a poll for this.
please respond! I will do whatever wins out when the poll closes, even there is only one or two votes.

Last edited:
Sounds good! I might want to know a little bit about the location where the RP will be starting.
I planned on discussing that in greater depth in the rp, but essentially...
It's a small town, Bud Town, with not much to see. There are basic accomodations (Pokecenter + mart), an inn called the Brooding Rookidee Inn, a port, and a lab for travelling reasearchers to use, which is often occupied. Researchers like to observe the strange purity of the area and its effect on pokemon.
Bud Town is connected to Route 1, a dead end route. The main way of leaving is by boat to another island.

Hey Crow Crow are you interested?

I think the threads could use a bit more detail. We're still in the medieval era right? Would there be 'mons that have to be excluded like Voltorb and Porygon?

As for my starter, I'm considering either Tynamo or Budew. Magnemite is considered. So that is three considerations for now.

Well the technology for pokeballs and PC boxes exist, so id imagine porygon does too.
It's mostly medeival in practical technology, in terms of pokemon technology its on par with modern levels.

I think the threads could use a bit more detail. We're still in the medieval era right? Would there be 'mons that have to be excluded like Voltorb and Porygon?

As for my starter, I'm considering either Tynamo or Budew. Magnemite is considered. So that is three considerations for now.
I'd discourage Budew and Wurmple as they will be available as catchables on route 1!

Something I should probably clarify: this isn't really medieval any more, as that was from before I decided to incorporate pokemon.

Something I should probably clarify: this isn't really medieval any more, as that was from before I decided to incorporate pokemon.
Oh, okay. I was actually just about to ask about that detail for the sake of clarification, but now that I know it isn't Medieval, I can get to work on my CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back