• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Leviathan Age (A meta-human Survival RP)

All of your friends are being shot down around you, what do you do?

• Die with them, what else can I do?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Run away, they would have wanted me to live. Seek Revenge later

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Fight back! Even if I lose my life, I can die knowing I tried.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • What friends? T__T

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
The technician managed to snapped out of his shock as he heard Hound's yelping. He was unstuck enough to slammed himself against the wall behind him and fire another shot in front of Hound when it lunged over at him again. "I SAID DOWN YOU MUTT!"

Five shots left.

At that point, Patrick quickly tapped on his right ankle with a hand and continued running down stairs to avert his glaze and run away from Hound's flaming mouth. Only way to be sure if that blast hit its mark is either by not seeing the fire breathing dog following him or hearing it chasing him relentlessly in a slower pace. More footsteps were heard from above, making turning back to see moot as he knew more people were on to him. Seven steps in and Patrick felt his right ankle straining again. Even if it was less worse than before, the pain will grow if he put enough stress in it. There was the idea of just jumping all the way down. Even if it seemed not to be far off, Patrick didn't want to risk it if his ankles were hurting from jumping two stair cases down.

Patrick stopped right at the bottom of the stairs way. The pain was enough for him to stop for a second and firmly touch the ankle with both the open palm of his left hand and the fingers of his right hand that he still held his pistol with. He didn't bother looking around this small area for a camera when he knew they already know he's here. The tech hobbled himself over to the door and tried to push it open. Locked. Fucking machine, Patrick thought, Dumb asses placing security over fire safety. He moved his right hand away from his ankle and pointed the pistol at the electronic lock.

Four shots left.

The tech pushed the door open and, feeling a full recovery from both of his ankles, ran away. He took a brief time to look and see that he was in the back area of the convention building. That point, Patrick looked up above the area by the exit he came from to look for cameras. Seeing one not too far from the door, Patrick quickly aimed and fired at that camera.

Three shots left.

He buttoned up his overcoat and resumed running straight ahead, heading toward a less crowded area away from the main entrance or any other entrances. Patrick made a slight left toward a side walk and began walking in a faster pace to get himself more blended in with the crowd. As his walking became a more steady pace, he was mentally praying to himself that he would not see or that dog; he'll take out running those guards over that thing...except dealing with Pyro or any other firebugs.

As he exits the building Hound is still right after him but at a slower pace but is catching up again as its leg slowly regains functionality. Also the two men burst onto the street and begin running after hound trusting the robot to lead them to Patrick.
(Lol run Patrick run your facing off against a flameing robotic dog. Even crippled it can run faster then most prople. God it feels like one of those terror games where you can't KILL thr thing chasing you)

(This comedic/dramatic effect1 is what was I was aiming for, but you are so right about those terror games. )

Patrick turned his head checking to see if any guards were following him. He didn't take long or bother to look for the guards when he saw Hound running not too far off from him.

You have got to be motherfucking kidding me, Patrick thought.

His eyes widened as he felt the sweat on his neck and back chilled with fear. The technician reminded himself that the LEU had eight years planning this out. For a split second, Patrick cursed himself wasting some of the bullets on the cameras knowing now just how much punishment Hound can take. As he ran, he kept uttering 'Fuck'. Using his pistol around people was out unless the robotic canine was right at him, and that's if he won't freeze up from seeing its flaming mouth up close. He knew then that it would be a matter of time before it catches up to him. Even though the fearful thought of seeing those flames again let him go into his extra stamina reserves that was reserved for the 'hell to the no' burning moments and potential moments dealing with fire, it was going to be useless against a machine even if Patrick had the speed; the difference between him and Hound

Desperate moments like this calls for crazy ideas. Patrick looked to the street for any moving technical to jump onto. He saw a hoverbus stopping at a bus stop, but the technican really did not want to risk Hound getting in, let alone-

That idea became dead in the water as Patrick realized that robotic canine is more than likely to be recording him at this moment. Now he was certain that he had wasted his last bullet and was a bit more angry at himself for not realizing this sooner. Plan A it was then. Patrick ran out to the street and jumped into the back of a truck that was stopping at a stop sign. He knocked on the rear window and screamed, "For the love of god go! I have a malfunctioning robot that's after me! I'll pay your gas and for the ride, just punch it and go please!"

Patrick had a bad feeling this was going to bite him in the ass literally as the truck began to move. He knew this plan has a large chance of getting him cornered by Hound, but it was the only way he thought of to get into close quarters with it to try to disable it temporary; he gave up trying to do that permanently seeing how it was still going even after he had fired at it. There was little to no chance of escaping or losing the guards at this moment with it still chasing him without a miracle. It didn't help that the driver was obeying the speed limit, but Patrick tightened his grip around his pistol ready to aim and fire if Hound was to jump in with him as he held on to the truck with another hand.

(1. I was actually thinking of another scene here where the Terminator was still going after somebody even with a part of his body melted off, but I can't find it on youtube. This is as close of a scene I can find that describes the feeling.)

As she connected with the metal plate pain blossomed across her knuckles. It only took a moment to determine that it wasn't a break. She'd experienced a break before and it wasn't a pain that she was anxious to feel again. It was one of the downsides to her ability, the same way that her body relayed sensory info at a higher speed so to did she have less of a delay when it came to pain experiencing pain. She was thankful that she hadn't put too much force behind the punch or else she might just have broken it.

She ducked back flexing the fingers of her sore hand and before into another combat stance. "He's pretty fast." she thought to herself as she prepared for his next attack. "Gotta play this smart...", she began to herself, "...he's wearing armor, I'll be better off if I wait for him to attack and open himself up before I just go for it." She scolded herself as she continued to skirt the hallway making sure that she was just out of his reach.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
Just because I love this chase.))

Hound manages to jump into the back of the truck and goes to bite Patricks arm and the two L.E.U grunts fire off a few round before they stop trying not,to hit anyone.
----
James

He smirks and draws a pulls a baton from his waist and flicks it out do it extends before a humming sound is heard. He shifts into a low stance often used for knife fighting and slowly moves towards her keeping a careful eye on her knowing she is most likely a LEV but not haveing a clue as to her powers.

The low hum that came from the baton very nearly brought a smirk to her face. Instead she did the opposite, she allowed the slightest glimmer of a frown break through her blank expression before she returned to a more blank expression. "Best to let him think that he's got the upper hand." She thought to herself.

She waited a few moments more before she lunged at him. She had been thinking to wait him out but it had suddenly dawned on her that if she'd waited too much longer, even if she'd managed to defeat him that she'd then be stuck inside of the Convention Center with a horde of L.E.U agents and that was quite literally the last thing she wanted. "Better to force his hand and make him open himself up for a counter." Following the lunge she'd wait until he made a move to strike before feinting to the right to get behind him and deliver an electrically charged strike to one of his more vulnerable areas.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
Vara Solaire/Alex
There was a time and a place for fights, and Vara wasn't one to normally distinguish them. But perhaps being under Prof's wing prompted her to be a little more cautious. Destroying the complex would cost her a fair deal of credits as well. She would get him next time. Who knows if Prof would chastise her for roughing up the feathers of his competitor, whom he must be looking to form some sort of deal with. "Tch." She clicked her tongue and turned the opposite way, her finger tips twitching slightly, still antsy from the invitation of a fight. This meeting of yours better be worth it Prof.

Just then the watch on her wrist made a chime, before words appeared across the square screen. Her eyes narrowed slightly. Backup was being requested at the convention center. But Pyro at that. He couldn't already have..?? Shit. And she was faced with a predicament. Be at Prof's room in 30 minutes like he had instructed, or go assist in the mission that was her own.

Severia Severia ReverseTex ReverseTex

Nikkita Elms
Upon reaching the area she had seen the hologram, Nikkita breathed a little heavily. Running was not her A-game. Turning her head around, she covered her mouth a bit, as the fumes of the waste would make a person dizzy if they remained for too long. Damn....where did they go? Her cloak whipped around in the wind as she took in her surroundings. This place used to be so beautiful, it used to hold so much hope. Nikkita tried to think about her life back in Luna Pier, taking care of her grandmother. She had a lunch date with her friend tomorrow as well. Her human friend. Who didn't know anything.

Taking shelter in a nearby factory, she called out, but not really expecting an answer, "Hello?? Is there anybody here?" She was almost positive a normal human couldn't make it this far. "You needn't be frightened." Or was it her that should be frightened?

Fuzz Fuzz

Cayden Lassiter
Finding the Lev was a lot harder than Cayden thought it would be. Maybe he didn't need rescuing after all. But it was better if they stuck together no? Fortunately, following the sound of gun shots and a raging robotic dog proved to be fruitful. Off in the distance not too far, Cayden could make out the guy leaving upon a truck. With Hound still on his tail. Geez I hope this works. Focusing his mind on the crows around, he pleaded for their help, and a small swarm of them rushed out to attack the robotic dog. Cayden could only kick a poor teen off his motorcycle and chase after them, a good distance aways, but still keeping tabs on the situation.

A-1 A-1 Samurai Jay Samurai Jay WitworthGold WitworthGold

Last edited:
The low hum that came from the baton very nearly brought a smirk to her face. Instead she did the opposite, she allowed the slightest glimmer of a frown break through her blank expression before she returned to a more blank expression. "Best to let him think that he's got the upper hand." She thought to herself.

She waited a few moments more before she lunged at him. She had been thinking to wait him out but it had suddenly dawned on her that if she'd waited too much longer, even if she'd managed to defeat him that she'd then be stuck inside of the Convention Center with a hord of L.E.U agents and that was quite literally the last thing she wanted. "Better to force his hand and make him open himself up for a counter." Following the lunge she'd wait until he made a move to strike before fainting to the right to get behind him and deliver an electrically charged strike to one of his more vulnerable areas.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

James takes a swing and growls softly to himself as she dodges it and gets behind him right before he feels a large shock to the small of his back since that is an unarmored part and insted covered by the connector pieces. He jumps away ignoring the small lag that is now between his attempted actions and his right leg.
"Shit so you really are a LEV. Well I guess this is now a fight to the death now."
He deactivates the baton and draws a a knife and his pistol. Before suddenly aiming at her and fireing off two rounds as he tries to keep his distance.

Once David entered the Factory he went for the second story to hide. Once up there the Person who had been following him Walked in to factory had walked in. Once hearing that He didn't need to be 'frightened'. He wasn't the one who didn't need to be scared. he got on the scaffolding behind her, Looking down making sure he could jump down behind her with out hurting her. He Jumped off the scaffolding landing behind her With a Loud Crash, Sounding as if The Floor Cracked. Preforming a three point landing, He stood up to his Full Height. "It isn't Me who should be scared at this point." He looked down at her, "What are you even doing following someone out here anyways?" He Griped his Staff, waiting for the answer.
NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Clunk!

Patrick quickly took aim at Hound but just before he fired, the tech averted his glaze away from the robotic canine and fired blindly with his right hand shaking.

Two shots left.

His mind swirled with panicking thoughts of being burnt by this thing. The tech pleaded with himself to stop shaking like this and concentrate. It was very likely that shot and the EMP blast from that bullet missed Hound and the tailgate completely when he didn't hear a clank, a sign that Patrick had pointed the gun too high up. Knowing that it was going to be approaching him, Patrick let go of the truck and pulled his right arm out of the backpack's handle; as he pulled the backpack in front of his body trying to keep his balance however, he heard loud flapping coming from above.

The tech looked above and saw a small murder of crows rushing toward Hound. The sight was more than odd for him. This couldn't have been a coincidence, is it? Was somebody or something helping him? He didn't know if he should be thanking Mother Nature or a Lev who had saw what was happening to him, but Patrick knew for sure this was going to be deep in his conscience.

"That was close..." The thought to herself. She kept her attention trained on his movements, and when he abandoned the baton in favor of the knife and gun, she went in for another strike.

Two shots rang out clearly in the hallway, both of which just barely missed their mark. "That was even closer..." She thought to herself. She needed to stay on him, press her advantage keep him off balance and on the defensive. She went for an open palm strike aimed at the hand holding his gun, this time amping up the voltage to deliver a more potent shock followed by a kick aimed at his knife hand.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
Prof
Jonathan could feel his body become more relaxed, symptom of the whiskey. The main reason he drank was to feel the stress leave his body, before his "blackout," he only drank wine with his wife on special occasion. Now he reaked of sin...
Finally he could hear the footsteps down the hall approaching, echoing through the dim and empty bar. He figured Vara wanted to tease her prey before letting him go, seemed like something she'd do. "Glad to see I wasn't stood up," Jon said in his usual stern tone. He slid over the bottle, which was 1/4 empty at this point, as well as the glass. He could drink a whole bottle and still be able to do astrophysics. "So i'm a man who like the truth, and who wants it as quickly as possible. And by reading your profile Vincent, I can clearly tell you are too." Jon took a quick sip before he continued. "Now i'm going to tell you my two deals straight up. You can pick either one, or leave, but you'll get something out of both..."
"To begin, the first deal required you to give me the location of the target. I've sadly taken an apprentice who's eager to raise some hell, and I don't want to waste my time delegating that task. In return, if we beat you to the capture, i'll gladly give them over to you so you can preform your sick shit on them. Think of this deal as a race..." "Now for the second deal, my end of this one includes a bonus target, free of charge. But all you've gotta do is simply give me our target. Like before this whole mentor thing isn't my ace of spades, and i'd like it to be as simple for me as possible." "And the final deal, you simply just fuck off and let the games begin..."

Severia Severia

Another perk of being a hero: free drinks. The Luna Pier Club was not a classy joint, but it had beer and beautiful women. Mercy was even given a key to go in the roof if she decided it fly in. There wasn't much hero-ing to do this late at night, so it was time to relax.

Nikkita Elms
The loud sound that took place behind Nikkita, caused her to jump slightly, whipping herself around to face the Lev she had been tailing. Who was, more to her amazement, not the damsel in distress she normally ran into out here in Tetrovia. The noise would not be signaling anybody. The occasional falling building were common in this area, so most guards didn't bother investigating. Not unless the general was in town, which he wasn't. The man that stood before her was tall, and Nikkita wondered if she didn't just get herself into trouble. Gazing above his head, she saw his strengths and weaknesses, but none of which would be helpful in defeating him if they were to engage in a fight. Not to mention Nikkita wasn't really a fighter, but more an escapist. As her eyes went down the list of information, her eyes widened slightly. Rip...people...apart?? She took a few steps back from the man. "Y-you're trying to get out of here right? I can help you. But perhaps...you have all the help you need." She eyed the large metal staff in his hand.

Fuzz Fuzz

Cayden Lassiter
Upon seeing that the distraction/attack of the crows had succeeded, Cayden sped up on the motorcycle and sided with the truck. "Jump on!" Maybe it was crazy to jump over while they were both moving, but it was better than nothing. Besides, he had already made a deal to meet up with that chic from earlier, later. And this was supposedly his best friend, according to his story, so he couldn't return without him.

A-1 A-1

He raised an eyebrow at her response. Help him? No one had even tried to help him in almost a year, after the tetrovia was taken back from the lev. "Yes I'm trying to get out of this town, been stuck here for a year." He was still baffled by how this person was still able to follow him. "How did you find me anyways?" He wasn't one for talking, but everything that insured his survival is crucial to him. For all he knew she was a L.E.U.

James seeing her palm strike at his gun growls and jumps back to avoid the hand while slashing at the leg she is trying to kick him with. He then decides to taunt her to try and get her to lose her cool
"Come on ive had better fights with my past targets and most of them were crispy by the time they got to fight hand to hand"

Nearby unknown to the woman a squad of L.E.U agents were positioned at the ends of both hallways being the only way out to block ant escape route.

------
Hound

Hound panicking at the amount of data comeing into its core at the murder of crows decides to simply roast them all. It opened james spare flame thrower tank that it is carrying and turned the surrounding 20 feet into a fire ball covering every thing inside with the flameing sticky fuel.

Sonic

After Vincent arrived, Prof didn't waste his time and gave him 2... no, 3 courses of action to choose. Despite the similarity in how they straightforwardly deal with their business, Vincent was tempted to shove the third choice in Prof's face. However, he wasn't that unprofessional. After all, this was a high difficulty task. After a long silent, Vincent spoked.

"Hmph, while I generally don't like to work with other, A change of pace once in a while sounds not so bad, so..."

Vincent picked his phone up and raised it in front of Prof's face.

"I'll go with your first choice. The vigilante in this news is likely our target. The face is a bit blurred, but I'm good at mental image and have no problem identifying her whenever she shows up. If we meet her I'll constantly provide you with her whereabouts and I'll let that apprentice of you do the most enjoyable part..."

Vincent couldn't believe what he just said himself. Did he just let someone else take his prey that easily? He must be really tired from the trip. Welp, what's done is done. He wouldn't take back his words, but he would gain the most value of it.

"...On three conditions. Our target must be alive. I don't care how many broken joints she has. And you know, I once enjoyed our interrogation room too much and killed all the Levs I brought. It seemed they should be kept alive for some bullshit reason and I was banned from using that room ever again. So I'll have you fill that annoying request form for me. As for the last and the most important one, I'll do my best to provide informative support and not steal the fun, but in turn, consider yourself owe me big time. If you aren't ok with any of these, don't blame me if our target is dead even before your apprentice leave this base."

After saying all that in an unemotional, business tone. Vincent then planned his next action. Regardless of whether Prof accept his terms or not, he still had too little information on his target. Vincent then thought about a certain nightclub near the robbed bank. Was it "Luna Pier Club"? Vincent rarely visited the place as this very bar he was sitting could offer a better drink for free, but he once had to gather information about his targets from that particular club. Based on its location, he might do it again tonight...

ReverseTex ReverseTex
Error 420 Error 420 (I (or we, idk ;)) am coming at ya)

Thankfully, it was just a flesh wound but even shallow cuts bled, and the more blood she'd lost the harder it would have been to keep up the fight. It was time for her to do something decisive, something reckless. She took a second to glance around the hallway and having seen nothing clutched at her leg and took a hobbled step back. "Time to play on that ego." she thought inwardly As she placed more distance between the two of them she looked up at him her eyes narrowed in what looked to be rage. "If you were able to torch them with with that glorified zippo then they were trying to die..." she said through gritted teeth, "...I mean come on, your aim sucks, you couldn't hit me when I was five feet from you and in spite of this..." she continued gesturing to her leg, "...you still can't, Tin Man."

She remembered her father telling her that too much pride can kill a man, she desperately hoped that saying would hold true in this fight.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
James chuckles and pulls the flamethrower tube before stopping and simply pointing the pistol at her. "I haven't heard tin man yet. How would you like a job. You know we actually recruit through recommendation from hunters. Also I have your surrounded so giveing up is the best option. They have orders to eliminate anyone resisting no matter what and I'm actually disposable to them even if in an agent."

From both sides of the hallway 4 men come into view with assault rifles aimed down the hallway at her not careing if james is in the line of fire.

Hearing a familiar voice telling him to jump, Patrick snapped his head at the direction where he heard it; his facial expression flashed with guilt when he saw the source of it. The tech was about to say something when he felt a sudden burst of heat dangerously close near him. Hearing the crow's caws suddenly turn silent made him know what exactly the heat was coming from. His mind tingled into a state of panic that made his chest turn heavy with his heart rapidly beating. The only thoughts in his mind were not to look at the flames Hound was spewing out and to get away from them by any means.

Patrick tossed the backpack aside and jumped onto the motorcycle. He squinted in pain feeling his left leg hitting a sharp point somewhere on the side. Both of his quivering arms reached over to the man to hold on. Again he tried saying something, but nothing would come out. His teeth was rattling together like a bell. Then Patrick closed his eyes and screamed, "Go!" Desperately, he tried to get the earlier image of seeing the trickling flames coming out of Hound's mouth earlier at the fire exit's stairway out. It was one thing to actually see an robotic dog with a flaming mouth, but it was completely different to feel the heat when it breathed fire.

A part of Hell was following Patrick as he know it. At this point, he almost wished Pyro was chasing him instead of this mobile flamethrower disguised as a robotic dog; even if Pyro appeared to be an armored machine (or according to Patrick, is an armored machine), at least Patrick can hope to outrun it and would be easier to hit with his pistol.

"I would sooner die than make a profit off of someone else'she suffering..." she spat the words at him through a tightly clenched jaw still playing up the severity of the cut. She only had one shot, and her gamble had to go off without a hitch or else this might very well have been her last stand.

She'd seen the agents step forward but chose to ignore them for the time being. Now wasn't the time to worry about them; she'd handle them after she took Matches out. She needed to change the tide of the fight and after he'd drawn the flamethrower she knew how to do it. She shot forward and struck twice, both hands crackled with electricity. The first shot was to his chest in an attempt to knock the wind out of him the second was to grip the hand holding the flamethrower and spray a jet of flames at the ceiling to trigger the sprinkler system.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
Hound-
After setting the fire up and running it takes a few steps before collapsing several important chips in its body haveing over heated it would be an easy fix with the right tools but that is not anywhere near them at the time leaving hound inoperable.

-------
James manages to slide back to avoid the blow to the chest but doesn't stop her grabbing the hand with the flame thrower where unknown to him or her a static shock manages to get its way into the mixing chamber of the flamethrower turning James into a walking bomb. Punctuating this fact is a large explosion almost instantly from her grabbing the weapon. Luckily she would avoid most of the blast since James was in the way... unfortunately for the team behind him that wasn't the case.

The team in front of James and the woman stair in shock as the hallway goes up in a fireball.

Prof
Jon listened in detail, sipping his beverage occasionally. And soon he began to spout his conditions, which we very reasonable. Nodding, he spoke, "Easy. I'll like to get my way of interrogation, but i'll keep it for personal records. You can hand in the report for intelligence while we get the capture." This deal would work out quite nicely.
Downing the last bit of whiskey in his glass, he pulled out Vara's letter, and a pen. "This is my mobile ID, its incrypted so nobody will hack our contacts. Message me with any info you receive on the target. I'll provide you with a safe room in Luna Pier to do your business, since as you put it, isn't allowed here. And take this as a gift, for being cooperative." Sliding the letter to the man, then patting his back he stood up in no hurry and began to stroll out of the bar.
Jon arrived at his office shortly after, and began to slowly pack his gear. Usually he had everything in one pack, plus a sleeping bag if he even slept, but it took no longer than 2 minutes. Ammo, projector, tools, supplies, food, water, and other simple needs. Vara would be ready to go shortly, so he stuffed his newest invention, the goggles, in his breast coat. The edge hung out loosely, but really made him live up to his name. He threw his pack on his desk, leaning against it waiting for his apprentice.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Severia Severia

The force of the explosion threw her against the opposite wall of the hallway and left her ears ringing.Thankfully that and the splitting headache caused by the impact with the wall had only were the worst of the damage to herself. In that moment she'd wanted nothing more than to lay there and slip into unconsciousness but that wasn't an option, she needed to get out of there. She used the wall as a brace as she pulled herself into a low crouch.

Time was of the essence she thought to herself as she pulled herself to her feet. Half of the troops are gone I just have to deal with Matches and the other and I'm home free. It was in that moment that she realized the sprinkler system had been activated and was now and her original plan came back to mind. She dropped down onto one knee to give the sprinklers enough time to have drenched the floor and the agents before doing what came next. She placed her hands, palms down, on the drenched floor and released a electric current powerful enough to floor the remaining agents, before she took off back to the connecting hallway.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Last edited:
The few agents scream as they get electrocuted and drop James doesn't say anything or move from where he landed the first time.
(Well that is the last of this fight I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back