• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Leviathan Age (A meta-human Survival RP)

All of your friends are being shot down around you, what do you do?

• Die with them, what else can I do?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Run away, they would have wanted me to live. Seek Revenge later

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Fight back! Even if I lose my life, I can die knowing I tried.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • What friends? T__T

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
Leviathan Age IC

NyxNightmare

Neko Addict

49bde62e59276ead556666d4f81e89dc7a394439da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070927305805b00afddc454310711d78282d.png

cyberpunk-gorod-neboskreby.jpg

Link Box:
OOC / CS

The year is 2088, and life is everything but prosperous. Three years ago, the nation lived in harmony. Both humans and meta-humans lived together in peace, abiding by rules set in order to keep the balance of power. Such as forcing the meta-humans to wear bracelets that repress their inhuman abilities from birth. But then the battle of Tetrovia occurred, where the meta-humans rose up and fought against the humans, attempting to take over completely. Many lives were lost from both sides, and up till this day, life has been a constant battle ground. The meta-humans have been nicknamed the Lev, derived from the ancient term Leviathan to describe a monster or evil entity.

Current Situation: The city of Tetrovia is the first city taken over by the Lev. It was a safe haven for them for about a year, till humans reclaimed the city by converting Lev onto their side. With Tetrovia reclaimed by the humans, the Lev have been scattered throughout the nation once more. Any Lev spotted or captured are to be reported to the proper authorities, where death or conversion is to occur. Penalty for harboring a Lev is death or life-long imprisonment.

In this rp you'll be one of the three groups.

Humans- Self explanatory here.

Lev- Humans with one special abilitiy that surpass human intelligence or physical prowess.

L.E.U. (Lev Extraction Unit)- Lev that have been converted to work for the government in order to eliminate Lev that stand as threats to human kind. L.E.U. decide whether or not to convert or eliminate Lev they find.

Main locations So Far:

LEU Base- Where the LEU complex is also located. There are several amenities including a rec area, a battle training area, and a bar. It's about 20 minutes away from Luna Pier, and is treated much like a secret base, must have a card to get in and out of the gates.

Tetrovia- This location is still quite messed up. Not many live here, and some parts of the city are practically a waste land from all the battle. But humans are tying to rebuild here. Soldiers and LEU personnel guard this city quite heavily.

Luna Pier- a coastal city. It's about 3 hours away from Tetrovia.

Last edited:
-Prof-
Screaming, constant constant screaming.... Jon woke up on his desk, his face drenched with the chilling night sweat that his nightmares usuallgnwere accompanied by. Rubbing his face off with the towel he kept nearby for grease, he stood up and began to slowly walk around his room. There was a small metal cot in the corner, LEU standard which he never slept in much due to late nights of working, as well as a mirror in which was broken in the corner. In the other corner was a whiteboard, littered with scribbled notes from previous encounters, and beside it was his desk. The desk was a hard mahogany, Tyler had retrieved it from Old San Diego somehow.... But there laid his tinkered gun, and his newest gadget, a pair of goggles in which he could use for various situations.
Taking a step to the mirror, Jon heaved a sigh as he stared at his reflection. His once dark brown hair was littered with gray, showing his age had finally crept upon him. Wrinkles from stress were beginning to form on his brow. His turtleneck needed washing, but the thing that never left him was the fact that he murder his beloved wife. As well as hundreds of innocent people. Taking a deep breath to recoup from the merories that appeared next, he slammed his fist on the mirror, but not hard enough to shatter it. He'd done that already. Making his way in a hurry away, his coat fluttered in the small gust he made, he picked up the black box that sat on his desk. Pressing the side button, and immediantly a automated voice stated, "Name and passcode please." "Jonathan. Caroline." The box lit up half of the room, as if a large chalkboard, empty for notes to be written. He gently settled the box down, and pulled out the stylus from his inner pocket in his coat. And began to get to work.

(I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow and I have permission to post early so i'm prepared when it starts.)

Mercy was surrounded by sound and smell. Her eyes were forced shut, trying to eliminate the eye-piercing light and the colors of the city. Screams, sirens, trains, footsteps, cars, everything. She couldn't bear it. It hurt her. Her ears burned, her head pounded, her nose was assaulted by the sweat of a city that never slept. She had one solace though: the sky.

She jumped up into the air, a blur reaching up towards the sky. She stopped above the clouds that shrouded the city below, and sat among the stars. All there was was the cold breeze on her skin, the wind in her hair.

Vara Solaire/Alex

pretty-reckless-the-53fac7ccc61e8.jpg
The night air was cool and crisp, refreshing as Vara breathed in deep. She was sitting outside of the LEU company complex. They were prisoners even still. Sparing their life was their only gift. This was so they could be more closely watched in case she showed signs of traitorous activities. The LEU did not take kindly to traitors. Some of the LEU with rich sponsors would get more leniency, but never Vara. No, who would sponsor a non-pure LEU. Never had she imagined this would be her outcome in life. How she had been tossed and turned, inside and out. She had thought the conversion process would be painless. That the only pain would be destroying her very own kind. Sometimes helpless, and in cold blood. But she had been mistaken. That was merely a scrape upon her heart. The real destruction began when each kill, each hunt caused her skin to tingle, her heart to race, and her eyes to reveal an unmistakable glint of pure joy. It was sickening, and although she knew it, shaking it off was beyond foreign at this point.

A small finch landed in front of her Could her life still end up differently? Her eyes scanned the bird, observing it's movements under the dim moonlight. In a quick motion, she withdrew her bio-whip, the electric energy seething out at the bird, almost as if it thirsted for the condemning of the living. As it made contact with the bird's feathers, the bird convulsed and went still after a few seconds. She had the whip set to electricity. Where most of the time she ran on paralysis. These would normally slow down a Lev until one could take them out by force. But for something so small, death was inevitable. I'm going to hell. Right. How could she ever imagine a happy ending? This was it, and how it would always be. Clipping the whip to her belt loop, she set off to visit a rather familiar face, casting her eyes away, just missing the figure that had taken flight in the night sky.

Knocking was never one of Vara's tendencies. And, as she arrived at the door, she let out a half-annoyed voice, "Prof! Your favorite arsonist is here, open up before I set the door on fire." Her voice was harsh as she called his name, but softened out as she sweetly and quietly spoke the rest of her sentence, her nails tapping the door lightly. And, she well meant every word. This man was known by practically every LEU member around. He didn't quite take orders from anyone, and seemingly nobody took complaint with it. If they did, their stories were never told. But Vara was different. She's sure she has pressed his buttons multiple times, and if Vara was a cat she would be proof they indeed have nine lives. It wasn't an easy feat to get Prof to mentor her, but with a little persistence and determination, anyone can get what they want.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

(I'll post for Cayden later, as I am a little busy)

Prof
A squared + B squared = C squared... So if a cable was connected from a 7 story building, the drop would be about...... Jon's train of thought was crudely interrupted by the slam of his door, paired with a women's voice, Vara to be specific. He heaved a sigh, and wrote down the numbers for the angles on the crude drawing of the building he had, then running his arm across a set of notes, which faded on the holographic board as if it were real chalk. Tucking the stylus in his front coat pocket, he unlocked the door and made his way back to his desk.

Jon had a good in with the LEU, which allowed slightly living quarters than most. Which meant he was on a upper floor, with a window, and could decorate as he pleased. The window was at the back wall, spanning almost the whole wall, leaving off about one foot on each of the sides. Setting his arms gently in his coat pockets, his emerald eyes stared out the window studying the lights of the city. "I know your here to just bug me, which is your tendency to do. Even though it's practically earblood to me and I know your going to try to get me to do something involving training you... So, i'll give you 5 minutes, and i'll decide if i want to leave my cozy room, or get back to my notes." Turing back around, revealing his face to her as he leaned against the window crossing his arms in suit. Looking down at his wrist for the time, then back up, Jon nodded to que her to start.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

James sits in the L.E.U Armory as he is putting his field equipment on for the day. He sighs knowing that his body as begun to turn pale from the lack of sunlight. He pulls his flamethrower onto his back and smiles as HOUND bumps his nose Into the palm of James hand to get his attention.

James looks down at the robot and smiles rubbing the top of its head watching its tail begin to wag before he pulled out a wrench and threw it watchin HOUND scramble after it. "I hope we get some action soon. I'm sick of waiting around the base for shit to happen. Right hound?"

Hound hearing its name looks up from biteing on the wrench and cocks its head to the side it's tail wagging as it sets its sight on his master.

James chuckles to himself and begins to walk away hound getting up and following. As they begin to walk around the base looking for something entertaining to do.

Patrick let his body fall on his living room couch after walking in to and locking his apartment. He closed his eyes to let himself feel the couch's cushions and get comfortable. For a quick moment, Patrick opened his eyes and looked over by a wall next to the kitchen to see a fire extinguisher mounted there. The support technician closed his eyes again to relax with some relief that the room that he was in is safe, but the feeling of safety didn't last long in his mind as he began to reflect on what he might have to do soon. Guilt crept up to him at the thought of leaving his coworkers that he became acquaintances to even a few considered him a friend.

The thought worries him as he expects them to ask him why he was leaving Tetrovia. Patrick could say that the potential for more violence within the city was too much for him, in which in a way was the truth for him. He didn't forget how he had to hide inside the bathtub with only his smartphone and laptop with him with the rest of the lights turned off when the battle raged for the reclamation of the city. At this recall of the memory, Patrick leaped out of his couch to his bedroom.

For every room and area that he passed, Patrick made sure there was a fire extinguisher there. The last room he checked was his own bedroom where not only there was a fire extinguisher, but a window that was slightly creaked open beside his computer desk. Patrick sighed with exasperation as he plopped himself into his chair in front of that table and placed his computer out of sleep mode. Then he took this moment to check his messages and visit some web sites with his charging smartphone not to far from him.

NPC
Officer Harold Jones

The husky man walked into the base of the LEU company. It was his job to deliver letters to the LEU. But these weren't your normal letters from loved ones. No, the LEU never received such letters. These were letters containing mission information. They were suppose to have a new shipment of LEU later toay, an Harol would also be tending to that. Upon finding his target, he was about to call out to the man, but hesitate slightly as he noticed the robotic dog by his side. Why they even allow him to have such a thing is beyond me. Keeping his distance, the man called out, trying to keep the authority in his voice from shaking too much, "Flame Bringer. If your bored, its you lucky day." Dropping the envelope on the ground, he began walking away. He just wanted to be as far away from that mechanic dog as soon as possible. His title of officer meant nothing. Everyone knew the lives of messenger hung loosely in the air. The title only offering luxury pay. Because, some LEU were happy to see messengers, while others did not take too kindly of missions being force upon them. Missions were not generally handed out, as the LEU were expected to hunt for themselves, given a simple quota to meet every two months. But if you were selected for a mission, it meant that the government had gathered info on a particular Lev, and you were the chosen LEU to take care of them according to your fighting abilities. But it also meant that you had to drop everything you were doing, and failure of the mission would result in penalties.

Within the envelope:

Recipient Name: James Nugent
Date Issued: August 12th 2088

You are hereby given the special op assignment. Take this as an opportunity to raise your popularity, skills, and sponsorship. Remember, your identity as a L.E.U. is appreciated and valued.

Target Name: Patrik Ellis
Hair color: Brown
Location: Last seen as a residence of Tetrovia, current location unknown
Abilities: Healing abilities, extent is unknown
Connections: Unknown
Strengths: Unknown
Weaknesses: Fire

Available Partner: Vara Solaire

Deadline: October 12th

Thank you, and happy hunting!

Partners were always optional. However, the majority of LEU found the partner section as their competition. Each received a letter, and whoever turned in the Lev dead or alive would receive all credit. All credit was better than sharing credit for many LEU. But every now and then a team would form without too much angst. If only just for the mission.

Vara Solaire/Alex
As the door clicked, signaling her allowance into the room, Vara didn't waste any time. The man was going on about how she had five minutes to explain her presence, quite fitting of his persona. Not of which pleased Vara in the slightest. She was on his time? She didn't like that at all. But it was exactly his persona that kept bringing her about. He knew exactly what she was here for. Vara was many things, but ignorant was not one of them. She desired a mentor, and, why not choose from the best around? Settling for any less would not be an option. Folding her arms in front of her, Vara leaned on one hip. "Just what are you so afraid of Prof?" She stepped closer, her eyes ignited with a fire of determination to match her haughty aura. "The challenge? Clearly the fight hasn't left you." She brushed past him to examine the walls of the room. "Perhaps...it has something to do with your past? Everyone knows how you went berserk and killed the most precious thing in your life." She knew she might be treading on glass now. "But the fear of losing control? I don't think that's it. Not now." Turning towards him once again, she leaned against one of the walls. "I've been watching you Prof, longer than you might realize. For a man who has so much to his name, your fear of failure is astounding. You're afraid of it to the point you push the blame of your failures onto others." Now, her voice was becoming sharper, fueled with anger. "You won't train me because of what? Afraid you won't have anyone to blame this time but yourself? Well let me inform you, that I am not a failure. Nor will I become one. So you have nothing to worry about." Her eyes were burning fiercely, and who knows what she might have said or done next, when a knock on the door sounded. No words were spoken as two envelopes were slipped underneath the door. The messengers always knew the location of LEU, as a tracking device was embedded within them after conversion.

Her anger boiled away, giving room for a pleasurable excitement. She picked up both, handing Prof the one with his code name upon it. Opening hers up, she let out a snicker. "Hah, guess my competitor is that son of a bitch pyro and his robotic assistant HOUND. They're both so cute...almost makes me want to work with them. But you know how it is around here." She waved the envelope in the air, incinerating it with her finger tips. Relationships between LEU were very scarce. If anything, they merely tolerated each other. It seemed most had a dark past they preferred keeping to themselves. The threat of having someone important taken away again, didn't seem like something anyone wanted to risk. So what Vara was asking of Prof, although completely professional now, was risky and a little dangerous. She handed Prof his envelope.

Contents:

Recipient Name: Jonathan Fitzgerald

You are hereby given the special op assignment. Take this as an opportunity to raise your popularity, skills, and sponsorship. Remember, your identity as a L.E.U. is appreciated and valued.

Target Name: Mercedes McCaffery
Abilities: Flight, believed to harness other abilities
Strengths: Arial Combat
Weaknesses: Unknown

Available Partner: Vincent Soltan

Deadline: N/A​

Deadlines were never given to Prof. He completed missions as he pleased. Only high risks were ever given to Prof, and Vara knew it. Her eyes lit up when she had given him the envelope. Looks like she was about to see him in action. It was a good thing they weren't partners, otherwise it would become a competition, completely floundering her efforts of achieving apprenticeship. "So what will it be?" Vara prompted, impatient for her answer.
ReverseTex ReverseTex Severia Severia Samurai Jay Samurai Jay A-1 A-1 Error 420 Error 420

Sirens? Gunshots? Of course. Never a dull moment. Mercy speeds down towards the sounds, landing in an alley, next to a bank. Bank robbery. Always fun. The police surround the building, but, guns aimed at the building. Bullet holes in the window suggest that whoever is inside is not afraid to fire. Strolling down the police line, Mercy's mind was full of exploding solutions and patterns. The loud city was silent again. She had finally spotted the robber through the window, standing, holding a gun to somebody's head. She vanished. A blink and you would have missed what had happened. The window was gone. Inside the bank, the would-be murderer was on the ground, passed out, Mercy standing over him. She winked towards the confused police officers, and flew out of the bank window as fast as she had come in.

God, being a hero is fun.

James reads the mission and chuckels to himself as he takes a picture with his helmet cam and lights the paper,on fire with his Zippo as he begins to walk out hound right behind him. He walks past a few people and they either wave or shy away from him seeing the marking of his unit. He gained some fame after killing a LEV after all his is a human so that is a feat in itself.

He scratches the top of hounds head and chuckles to himself as he walks to a nearby library to being his search. "Now hound lets see who is the better hunter. Me or the LEV who is my competitor."

It was close to midnight when Patrick shut down his computer for tonight. He would've been in bed hours ago if he had to work tomorrow. Unceremoniously, he jumped on his bed and looked at the ceiling. This week could have gone better, but it was not a complete disaster either. Patrick wished his job was a bit easier, but he could only laugh knowing that he was in no position to complain knowing what he is and how lucky he was getting the job. Recalling what he is did make his laughter a quick one as he remembered the possibilities. Ending the day with a quick gaming session online helped him ease the worry, but he could never forget. Four years out of hiding and not being chased was a lot better than being in hiding for four years living in fear worrying if the L.E.U will drag him to some lab and lock him up or kill him; however, something about this fact bothered him.

As the thought immersed through his mind, Patrick shut his eyes tightly. "No," he whispered, "That makes no sense."

The tech leaned up out of bed and was about to clap his hands to turn off the lights, but his worrying thoughts kept nudging him. To pay attention to them. To plan for them. Patrick knew being on the run and hiding from the L.E.U for this long had affected his mental state. Even with his healing touch, Patrick couldn't bring himself to heal himself mentally not knowing if the healing process for that will make him forget his older brother's death. The mere thought of that made Patrick shed some tears that he quickly wiped away as the main questions surrounding his death that he wanted to ask came nudging him like two giant fire-ants.

That moment, Patrick loudly clapped his hands and nudged himself tightly to the overcoat that he was still wearing. He felt his pistol tightly hugging on to his leg, but he ignored the discomfort. At least he had something to look forward to with the VR gaming convention tomorrow.

Prof
This was a weekly routine, this... Dance the two played, if you would call it that. Usually it would start with Vara listing reasons he should mentor her, and trying to convince him various ways. He'd shut her down pretty quickly, and send her on her way so he could go back to work. But today her confidence flowed through the room, it almost had a physical presence.
Jon's short-lived confidence was quickly replaced with a bubbling feeling as soon as she stepped towards him, though only inside. Per usual, he was stone-cold, his emerald eyes never leaving contact with Vara's as she continued. But then the past..... Those two magical words, words that could kill.... The bubbling anger began to rise within, paired with an unhealthy amount of memories to wash him as well. Though he was not "in control" of his state during the past, he could remember it as though it was yesterday. "Don't you..." His words were cold, but short-lived as she painfully continued on, until he could stand it no longer. "Just SHUT UP!" Jon's eyes began to glow a bright lime green, and he slammed his fist against the wall sending a matching green energy wave across the room. He could hear the projector switch off due to the power shift, as well as multiple things on his desk tumbling down. Taking a deep breath as he stared at the concrete floor, he saw from the corner of his eye a pair of letters slide through the door.
Jon could feel his eyes were not calming just yet as he made his way to the door, but was beat by Vara. That girl already broke his thin layer of patience.... Tearing open the seal, he quickly read the letter though he could see the reflection from his eyes on the age-stained paper. He'd deal with it later. Stuffing it in his breast pocket of the lab coat, he took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. "You don't understand the whole story... Congratulations, you've found out how to really get under my skin, nice way to waste your time watching me instead of actually creating a better record for yourself, which could've helped me choose you. Except you had to do the damn opposite and piss me off!" His breath was unsteady, dappled with rage. But he could feel himself begin to subside, he wouldn't turn today... "To simply put it, your half correct. Yes I avoided you because of my fear, but I knew you wouldn't fail. Your determined, strong-willed, and Hell you just broke one of the most famous Lev, how could I think you'd fail? More so myself, which I will not go into." Fuck. Harold would be here. Hopefully the officer didn't hear his outburst, because if so it wouldn't help him out in the slightest. "So here's what i'll do since your so damn persistent. You'll tag along with me on this ONE, and I only mean one mission. So you better be a sponge. Am I crystal clear?" This was something he really didn't want to do, but she broke him down. It was just him, and his head.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Sonic
Vincent laughed maniacally. He just managed to take down 3 Lev by himself, in the most entertaining way possible. He decided to head back to HQ when his ability that passively acted as a radar picked someone entering the building where he was. Since a civilian would never enter an abandoned building where gunshots could be heard for hours like this, Vincent acted fast. He screamed at the ground below his feet and fire a destructive sound wave that create a large hole for him to jump in. He immediately jumped down and pointed his gun at a figure that would be in front of him as he landed, only to see a familiar uniform. So it's that annoying tracking device again. Vincent clicked his tongue and said in a boring tone.

"Tsk, I really want to shoot you and that stupid paper you brought right now. Hand it."

"The next time you dare threatening and blowing a roof on an officer like this, you're getting penalties."

"Hah! you know you might not have a chance to report that, right?"

The officer just handed the paper and vanished without replying. Vincent spat at the door where the officer left and shifted his focus to a paper in his hand.

Recipient Name: Vincent Soltan

Target Name: Mercedes McCaffery
Abilities: Flight, believed to harness other abilities
Strengths: Arial Combat
Weaknesses: Unknown

Available Partner: Jonathan Fitzgerald

Deadline: N/A

Another high difficulty and risky task without deadline? He wasn't given one for like half a year now. Vincent grinned. He loved taking down Lev, no, actually, he loved fighting, and stronger opponents always made it more enjoyable. Vincent thoroughly read and analyze the letter. So he got a flying target to sharpen up his shooting skill even more? Sounds nice. The possibility of a Lev possess another distinguish ability sounded questionable, but Vincent knew that the information from the higher-ups was always accurate, so he just shrugged it off. Oh, and his rival was that Prof? Vincent had never seen him in person but it seemed he was well known within LEU. This turned out to be an enjoyable task. Vincent satisfyingly smirked before leaving the building and heading back to HQ. He might start with searching news and information about a flying brunette...

James sits at the library going through various public files untill he finds the correct birthday and name his files along with an old,picture that is almost identical to,the one he had now.
"Hehehe target acquired... Now to run this on our databanks... And BINGO he brought tickets to a gameing event one city over... Well this is awesome I have been meaning to do this for a while. Now just need to grab some men and head over while pretending to be cosplayers."
He gets up and begins to walk out wisteling to himself.

Even with a near restless sleep and a five hour nerve wrecking transit ride over to Luna Pier, Patrick have made it to his slice of gaming bliss that is Virtual-Con in one of the coastal city's major convention centers, Irving Branch Center. He was breathing so hard with his nose that he had to move his glasses slightly up after cleaning out the fog on his glasses. The tech let go on his grip on his matching brown backpack's handles, letting his hands fall on his brown overcoat. His sight was filled with colors and displays from various of gaming, anime, and art exhibits with a dash of open space for open gaming. Virtual Reality gaming, table-top gaming, trading card gaming, and just gaming in general were everywhere on top of the cosplaying and socializing among fellow gamers.

Some tears came down on Patrick's eyes, but he didn't wipe them off right away. He did lower his hat, a white and silver hat with the logo of his favorite online game, Kingdom Towers, down to his eyes to hide the tears. Worrying thoughts about the L.E.U was pushed all the way back to the point that it was only a smudge within his mind. Most of his worrying came from him going through the transit system with his paranoid thoughts smashing against his calm mask as he traveled. The closer he was to the city, the more the thoughts had slammed to him. Now, he had made it without any apparent suspicion.

That was more than enough for his paranoia to ease away from his social mask, but not enough for it to be gone completely. It was partial freedom, but Patrick wanted desperately to believe he was going to feel, no experience this freedom outside the safety of his home without any fear just because of what he is and for what he didn't even ask for.

Patrick Jameson Ellis wiped the tears off, adjusted his cap up a bit, and took his first steps forward to look around. Walking along a crowd, his first order of business was to look for the exhibit of his favorite online game for their merchandise; he knows full well from the Net's self-written rules of gaming conventions that limited edition merchandise go by fast. There was only one way to find out to see if he really is going to experience this freedom, and that was by just experiencing the day outside as he was right now.

One of the largest panels is a full scale replica of several of the L.E.U well known fighters and even some of there gear as a new game was being made about some,of there unclassified missions. In particular up front was a few men in the grunt gear walking around talking to people as they hand out Beta codes and one of them had a large control box while HOUND walked around stiffly like he was being remotely operated. James himself was up on a pedestal in an action pose. His flame thrower dropped behind him and an assult rifle pointed foward with the other hand mid raised like he was ordering people to charge. Being one of the few humans who was a active LEV hunter he is known to anyone who looks into the unit.

There was also an armored car and onr of the drones used by the L.E.U. behind them. All in all it looked like a huge publicity stunt.
homefront_revolution_2_goliath_vehicle_mnpctech.jpg

James sighs in his radio as people report back to him saying the target has not been seen yet.
James over the radio. "This is a waste of time..... Hey someone please tell me they got the merchandise I asked for... Sweet they did awesome.... What they got me one of those pillows! That was on the company card.... I'm going to get my ass chewed out for that... Fine fine once we catch the perp ill treat you all of burgers and beer now shut up and focus."

The look outs laugh and go back to looking for the guy.

David walked through what is left of alley ways of Tetrovia, unable to escape it due to the amount of L.E.U that guard The city. Trust him, he's tried, There is just to many of them. He towered over what people there were in the alleys. Not trying to draw attention to himself, he was doing a poor job at that. Despite his appearance, people still wanted to try and mess with him. For example a man tried to rush him him with a knife. That ended with them getting hit upside the head with a big metal staff. The darkness was his friend, sometimes... It shrouds his appearance, even though he is basically a giant, making his true physique hard to make out. He continued to walk through the alleys trying to lay low after ripping a guys arm off, I wonder how that guys doing?

Minute after minute, Patrick was enjoying seeing the exhibits he past by during his rush to find the exhibit of his favorite game. At one point, the tech made a quick stop by an exhibit of a trading card game to get a promo card with alternative art and buy four card packs from two older sets. Patrick managed to reign in his inner child from opening the packs early and focus on finding that exhibit before he goes on a spending spree. For every exhibit that he passed, Patrick found himself wanting to spend more on figurines. This was after all his first time in a gaming convention, the very first non-work related thing that he did without worrying.

Well that was until the tech noticed an L.E.U exhibit. For a split second, Patrick stopped. He wanted to keep going, but something planted his feet for a few seconds that forced him to look at the armored figure on the pedestal; however, the tech's mind was instantly rippled with fear when he saw a flamethrower right behind the figure that unfroze him from shock. The tech kept moving without even taking a moment to think what else was in that exhibit.

The tech tried to calm himself as he tried to walk in the same steady pace he was earlier to not draw attention to himself. To help himself calm himself faster, Patrick took a look at other exhibits. There was another one that he wanted to stop by, but seeing that armored L.E.U figure with that flamethrower made him pay attention to the fire extinguishers and alarms that he passed by. Patrick, he thought to himself, it's just a replica.

Patrick kept repeating the last three words to his mind as he tried to get his mind back to the convention and that exhibit he was looking for. A few minutes of walking later, he wiped the sweat off of his forehead as he saw the bright white and gold logo of the game, Kingdom Towers, above it. In true to form, there were two long lines over by both counters with the limited edition figures of various of boss monsters from the MMORPG behind them. The tech rushed over by one of the lines and waited with glee.

One of security guards sees Patrick and smiles quickly radioing it in and james smiles hopping of the pedestal shocking a few people and he begins walking towards the L.E.U Gameing reveal while stoping to take pictures with people no one realizing he was the real deal.

Two members of the security team walk towards Patrick smileing and handing out tickets to a later event unknown to Patrick through they were haveing the ticket labeled 1,000 for him. The ticket comes with a one of a kind release copy of the game and the ability to meet with the creators of the game along with a special unit skin based off the winner. It was also in a booth set in the back and out of sight in a palce where not many would see untill the exhibit opened so that the risk to civilians would be minimized.

As Patrick continued to wait in line patiently for his turn to buy the figurines, his attention was turned to a give away that was happening right in line by two people. The tech was handed his ticket, and he looked at it with one of his eyebrow raised. Patrick smiled with a brief snicker as he pocketed the ticket and nudged at somebody beside him. With a whisper he said, "I swear some of these interns don't know the target audience of their own games they are advertising to." He paused before adding with a more quieter whisper, "Giving out tickets to a booth of some shooter to a line full of MMORPGs fans? That alone should be an epic fail." Despite his disdain of shooters, the ticket advertising for its promise of a special unit skin would make one of his co-workers happy on top of the game being a collectors edition by what it said about being one of a kind.

After the 'epic' quest of waiting in line, Patrick finally got his limited edition of his favorite boss monster from the game. Patrick took a moment to ogle at the paint finish and detail put to the model. He neatly put it inside his backpack on top of his laptop along with the trading card packs that he brought earlier. He took out his smartphone and checked the time as he walked away from the double lines to the nearest vending machine. He knew for a fact that at least an hour has past, but Patrick was shocked to see that almost two hours have past. A smile beamed as he vended a medium sized bag of lime flavored nacho-shaped chips, but he wasn't happy about how long he waited in line.

The location of this booth of this game according to the ticket shouldn't be too far away given by the booth's letter, at least that what Patrick thought. Trying to follow the rule of conventions according to the Net, Patrick decided that it would be better to get to the booth early to save the grief of waiting in line like he did earlier. At first, he mindlessly followed the signs to get close to the booth by letter and number. The exhibits and booths along the path he was taking to get there dwindled along with the crowd. Patrick took out his smartphone and put on his earbuds to pass the time walking there at the point there were any that interested him. When the crowd became even smaller to nearly zero and that he was far from the main area of the convention, that was when Patrick took out the ticket to double check what the duo have given him.

His face turned ghost white pale when he saw what exactly the game was. Patrick took out his smartphone and went to the Net to double check the booth listings. While the tech's eyes didn't deceive him, he could only force a laugh to find some humor in this. "Budget cuts," he said to himself, "have to be budget cuts." He began to walk where he came from back to the main area. As he walked however, his face looked troubled even if he was laughing. Patrick hoped that nobody will look at him weird as he listened to his music on his earbuds if somebody happens to walk by him.

As he turns around to head back to the main area he hears a few guns cocking and some men step into view along with a very familiar robotic dog. "ON THE GROUND NOW LEV SCUM!!!"
(3 L.E.U people with fire arms and 5 security people with batons or nothing at all and 1 HOUND unit.)
James is watching from,the security room as a mix of the events security and the L.E.U. unit step out into the hallway and aim at Patrick. Luckily since he was in a hallway away from the main event not as many people were in the area as normal and those who were are shocked at what was going on anx either complying with laying down out of fear or running to an exit before getting taken down by the security forces. HOUND begins paceing towards Patrick growling its blue eyes and lines on its body turning red.

James leans back in his chair and flicks his zippo on. "Now LEV lets see how you react... Nothing personal its just my job"

114968-800w.jpg
Cayden was living it up at a gaming convention in Luna Pier, and although he tried to avoid large events, sometimes going to events like these was the only way to feel....normal again. He didn't even play video games anymore, but it didn't matter. He would always feel somewhat out of place being a Lev. But something seemed more out of place. A guy dressed up as the famous LEU flame bringer. One of the few human LEU members around. It was eerie as hell, and, Cayden was about to dip when he heard screams and guns pointed at a guy in the hallway. The same hallway Cayden had so desperately chosen to walk towards because it seemed more isolated. Just when a guy is trying not to get noticed....Cursing under his breath, he reached out and grabbed the guy's shirt, dragging him down another hallway, practically running for their lives. As much as Cayden wished he had a plan, he didn't. And, suddenly he wished he hadn't made a move at all. The robotic dog lunging after the wanted Lev scared Cayden shitless. "You're a Lev right?? Please tell me you have some cool offensive powers." He truly hoped so, because he himself wasn't exactly the fighting type.

A-1 A-1 Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

(Wasn't planning on posting tonight, but I might as well)

Patrick froze.

If his expression was any indication, it was as if something stabbed a wooden stake right into his heart. His hands shook letting the ticket drop on the ground as he looked at the men with their weapons out and the robotic canine before him. The tech could hear the panicking crowd with their rush over to the nearest exit. He stood still in disbelief of what he just heard. Knowing that he was some distance away from the other guests that he want to be.

Before he could speak however, somebody grabbed onto him, causing his hat to drop from the sudden sharp movement.

"No," he said right after he heard the person who grabbed him, "But I can run as hell from them assholes. Just let me go." Patrick grabbed tightly on to his backpack's handles. For a second he lamented on his lost hat, but there were more pressing matters to deal with as he tries to pull back all the worrying thoughts he was thinking about earlier this morning. Self reflection can wait for later.

Anger. Pure anger. That is what flowed from Prof, and what made Vara's skin tingle with anticipation. So she had pissed him off, not surprising. She had brought up a sensitive topic. She regretted nothing. The mission mentioned in her letter could mean nothing now upon hearing Prof's approval. She would be his apprentice on this mission of his. And everyone knew people of Prof's status only received risky missions. Which meant this was a mission without a deadline. More time to spend with Prof, unless he rushed the mission. But with risky opponents, it would be considered reckless to jump in head first. Unless you were blood-thirsty, like Vara, but that method only worked a small portion of the time. Where she would have luck with less experienced Lev, her methods were not likely to succeed here.

"Yes yes, one mission. A sponge." She repeated with glee in her step as she twirled around the man. Clearly not affected by his irritated tone of voice. "What's the plan? Whose your competitor? Not that they can really be considered one." She had completely forgotten about her own assigned mission. She didn't think a human LEU could capture a Lev so quickly, so she wasn't worried about it. Even if she did lose, earning from Prof was far more important.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

proxy.php

"Uhh....did you even see that robotic dog I just saved your ass from??! We might be special, but don't forget your still half human. And I don't think that thing gets tired." Cayden couldn't risk just leaving the guy. For his own safety as well as the guys'. He was already seen running with him, so he was quite screwed as well. He didn't even realize the man was bleeding from being shot. "Holy shit dude, your bleeding???!" Of course, he wasn't aware of the guy's abilities either. Perhaps it wasn't the guy that truly needed saving, but Cayden himself. He had released the guy by now, clearly just following him. He didn't have a plan after all. He had acted rather recklessly, but there was no time for personal chastising right now. They couldn't just keep running forever.

A-1 A-1

Her time was almost up... the document needed to be delivered by 12:00 and with just fifteen minutes to spare, she was cutting it rather close. Luckily for her she knew a shortcut that would shave at least ten minutes off of the time it would take if she were moving about at ground level.

She pushed all her thoughts of the deadline to the back of her mind to focus on the obstacles ahead. She leaned forward gathering momentum as she ran along before vaulting over the chasm-like alleyway and landing gracefully in a dive roll. Not missing a beat she used her maintained momentum to roll to her feet and continue on across the rooftops of the city's southside.

She had taken these routes so often that she could almost traverse them on autopilot and to some extent she did, one of the perks of her ability she thought to herself clearing the last two rooftops to scurry down the fire escape back to the ground. The last block and a half of the trip could be made on the ground she decided pulling her hood up as she emerged from the side-street and merged with the throng.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back