• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Leveling Guide for Robotech: Broadsword

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Looking for what to do when your character goes up a level? Here is what to do. =)

With each and every new experience Level, I encourage you to Reply to your Character Sheet with these well-earned additions:

1. Roll 1d6 for Hit Points, rerolling results of 1.
1a. Using the d20 colors I've provided in Shop Talk, select a color from the photograph you want me to roll for your Character's Hit Points (d6). =)

2. Add bonuses from Hand to Hand Skills and any MECT Piloting to your totals (i.e. extra Attacks per Round).

3. Add all Skill bonuses (each percentage-based skill usually gains somewhere between +2% and +5% every time you gain a level of experience). Remember your Skills gained from Level advancement! =)

4. You may select one additional "Other" Skill every time you level. Be sure to add any percentage bonuses provided by your Character's O.C.C..
4a. You may select not to choose a skill to hold it for later (or maybe you just can't decide right now; that's fine). If so, please write "Undecided" in that skill slot on your character sheet.
4b. Remember, I have taken the cap off of Skill Category/Class restrictions! After 1st Level, as long as your character qualifies for said Skill, it's yours. In other words, your Characters may choose any Skill from any Skill Category (Military, Physical, W.P., etc.). I.e. You want Cooking (Professional Quality) or Medical Doctor but your O.C.C. says no? No worries! You need any prerequisite Skills first. If the Skill doesn't have prerequisites, it's yours within reason (meaning, if it's not in the 2nd Edition Robotech books, you'll have ask my permission first).
4c. This does not affect Secondary Skills in any way! PCs continue to gain Secondary Skills normally (at 1st Level and beyond). Remember that Secondary Skills are NOT "Other Skills" and must be chosen from a special list (found in Robotech: Shadow Chronicles on page 149).

5. You may add 1 free point to any single Attribute of your choice (or add 1d6 to S.D.C.) every time you gain a Level!. Here's how this works: No single Attribute may ever gain more than 3 points using this method. You may not choose the same Attribute you selected on your previously-gained experience level (so, at 2nd level, choose any). This prevents PCs from raising one Attribute too quickly (probably P.P. or I.Q.). This also allows PCs to heighten Attributes that are difficult or seemingly impossible to improve (like I.Q., M.E., M.A., and P.B.). If you reach a point where you don't want to raise any more Attributes, then I'll add 1d6 additional S.D.C. every time your Character levels up instead!
5a. When you add this Attribute point to your Character, I will need you to put it on your Character Sheet so I know where that point came from (Example: Say, Lt. Toph Kirin wants to raise her Mental Endurance Attribute from 15 to 16. Under Attributes, her Player writes, "M.E. 16: +1 bonus vs. Psychic Attack and Insanity. (+1 added at Level x)." If at 4th level and beyond, she wants to raise her M.E. Attribute again, she would add the Attribute point and update the note. =)

6. Replenish your Action Point pool with the following formula: 5 + (Character Level / 2 rounded down). Remember that Action Points from your previous level cannot be saved and are gone (so if you haven't leveled recently and you think you will soon, spend them!). Spend them wisely! Example: A character raises to 3rd Level. Erase whatever total the character had at 2nd Level and replace it with 6 Action Points. See Shop Talk in the Technopolis section for further details concerning Action Points.
6a. Bonus Action Points carry over to the next Level. Bonus Action Points also get spent last (you cannot spend them until you have exhausted your level-related supply). Also, if you have Bonus Action Points, please keep them recorded separately (preferably beside or under your current Action Point total. Say, "Bonus Action Points: 2/2").

Congratulations on your new level. Enjoy the rewards you've earned! =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back