• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Let's Write a Thing (FxF is neat, but also up for anything else.)

Sainii

Exists
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there! To start with I have been doing this RP thing for a while, although in recent years I haven't really been writing that much at all. Despite this I like to think I still got it, I can put sentences together and really at the end of the day it's a fun hobby. One where I get to flex some creative muscles.

---

Anyway what I'm mainly looking for here is a chance to scratch a creative itch, its been a while since I've really gotten in my writing. With this said I'm a very easy going partner, life happens, motivation falters, you just want to do something else rather than write, such is the way of things. So take care of yourself even if that means no posts for a few weeks, and yeah I get it. I want long haul RPs, one of the secret ingredients for which is having relaxed posting expectations. Aiming for consistent posting rates is still not a bad idea, and getting into a good rhythm does wonders, but don't push yourself. At the same time I ask for the same expectations for me, only fair that way. Though I'll try my best to keep things rolling on my end.

---

As I put in my title FxF pairings are what I really favor to be frank, its just what I found to be my preference over time. This doesn't mean no other gender pairings are on the table, with the caveat that romantic MxM pairing sadly has slid off the metaphorical table. On the subject of romance, all for it! Its nice to have that warm feeling, ya know? My policy on romance however is simple, never to be the primary focus of a RP even if still important, and it becomes important because the characters mesh well. To me a big part of writing romance is actually working towards it, why rush to the end when the process is a part of the fun? So to put in simple words, romance happens organically as possible at a slow burn even if the RP is geared towards it, just sorta depends on if what we got works or not.

Also something else to note is your real life gender, whatever that may be, isn't a concern of mine. I separate characters from their writer like oil on water. So even if you are not female yourself in real life, feel free to respond. Even then I still like making friends, so when it comes to OOC talk I'm a big fan. It's nice to have someone to chat with even if it isn't about a RP. I've met a lot of cool people as I've done this hobby, and I still believe there's more cool people to meet.
---

Now the really critical part of RPs, the setting and plot. Honestly any setting works for me, expect modern slice of life, those bounce right off me. I'm flexible about whatever, and open to any possibilities so feel free to bring them to me. I like ideas that I've never considered, novelty is cool. I don't like throwing out simple pairings, but I have some plots floating around that I'll be posting in spoilers. I like to have things be open ended for my plot ideas, while there is an essence of something I want to do, I also like giving my partners great freedom. Plus discussion about what should happen can lead to even greater ideas than I would have done on my own.

-----

This idea has a pretty big inspiration from a small Switch game that I played recently, and by big inspiration I mean that game essentially spawned this entire idea. The game in question is called The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince and feel free to Google it. What's important is not to know the game itself, but the major theme of it.

To break down the story of the game, its a tale of a monster (a wolf in this case) who develops an interest towards a human, and ends up liking him. In an accident this wolf gouges out his eyes, leaving him completely blind, and naturally the wolf feels horrible. The wolf then is determined to restore the human's sight, yet knows that doing so as the monster that clawed at him in the first place is a a bad idea. So the wolf makes a bargain with a witch to have the ability to take the form of a human. The rest of the story is the wolf hiding who they truly are from the human, with all the guilt and anxiety that comes with it. Wanting to make up for blinding him, yet while also wanting to get close.

So that's the essence of what I would want to capture in a RP here, although for how that's done is way more free form. That said I also REALLY dig a monster who tires to pass off as human and would be pretty happy with keeping that element. One character seriously harms the other, and goes on a journey to redeem themselves while trying to make sure their true self is never revealed. As I somewhat mentioned before I would also be happy to keep the same plot as the game, but of course with original characters/setting. Oh one last thing to mention, while you are free to take either character, I would prefer to take the monster/whatever.

This plot is all about a runaway of a character. They are running from something, yet find themselves in a bad way. They eventually run into the other character who is somehow convinced to support the runaway. This being that basic essence of the plot.

I have an actual, way more fleshed out idea though. Still a runaway, however the setting is your standard medieval/fantasy one. While who the runaway is, and exactly why they are on the run is still open, the person they run into is a vagrant. Not a hero out to save the world, nor a villain looking to burn it all down. Just someone who stays out the way, not one to get involved with random people. I think a character like this leads to a more interesting dynamic because they aren't there out of the sake of being good. The motivation for a character who wants to be a hero can be simple, yet someone in that murky grey area can have all sorts of motivations. If you wanna go with this plot, and want to go with the vagrant variant, then I will say while you are free to pick whichever character I would prefer to go with the vagrant.

----
So if something in here caught your attention, please send me a PM! Promise I won't bite!

Last edited:
Welp, back to RPing now that I have time to do so again.

Think it's time to return to RPing for real, edited the intro post a bit, but the content is largely the same. I felt like it was time to give it a light face lift is all.

Not dead! Didn't even mean to come back pretty much exactly a year later but that's where I am I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back