Comics & Webtoons Let's Talk Comics!

winterhawk

thriftshop melancholy and haunted forest wonder
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
What comics are y'all currently reading, or do you have any comic recommendations?

Right now I am reading Black Widow (2014) and I will probably start Red Hood and the Outlaws: Rebirth soon!

Saga. First couple of pages kind of disgusted me so I shelved it for a bit but back at it again. It's pretty good so far.

Saga. First couple of pages kind of disgusted me so I shelved it for a bit but back at it again. It's pretty good so far.
I'm absolutely obsessed with Saga! I need to get up to date with the latest issues but its such an amazing story, and the art is phenomenal.

Comic recommendation: Deadly Class

I haven't finished it yet, but goddamn, I'm such a fan

I like Brian K. Vaughan’s writing too! I haven’t gotten to Saga yet, but I’d recommend Paper Girls or Y: The Last Man. I know they’ve been adapted to screen, but I haven’t seen those actually so I can’t say whether they were good or not. But I really like the comics so far! ^ ^

I have so many DC and Marvel Comics I have bought and not yet read and I wanna change that!! I also am wanting to reread Bone.

I'm wanting to make my own comic as well based on an 8 year long roleplay I've been doing. We have 16 issues written but only two pages done sadly. I'd love to release the first issue if it ever gets finished.

Also curious to read some TMNT comics tbh.

Not sure if it's better to necro this thread or make my own for this but
aaaaaaaa I've finally found a new piece of media to obsess over. Picked up Volume 1 of "What's The Furthest Place From Here" on a whim at a visit to the local Nerd Store and it is excellent. I've yet to read (or come across) the newest issues but I'm hooked. I am a bit worried that the series is going to turn away from the plot lines I'm most interested in. Unfortunately I don't really care about the main character, but volume 1 at least focused on a sizeable ensemble cast so there was plenty to enjoy. I highly recommend this comic!!
1670428111993.png

Beast Complex! It’s a manga, but I’m supposing that falls into a sub-class of comics, so to speak. Made by Paru Itagaki, the same person that created Beastars The Manga!

Beast Complex is a really interesting set of stories set in the Beastars world, de-attached from the protagonists from the original manga. It’s a super nice, well-made manga. While I wouldn’t say its exactly a breath of fresh air from Beastars, it is nice to see different characters interact in the same, interesting world.

And it has some gorgeous art, as should be the norm with Paru’s talent.
827DDE2A-3F45-4571-87D8-5FB6D30573E6.jpeg

An other, smaller recommendation, would be the set of volumes in the Archie (Madhouse) line of comics:

“Jughead: The Hunger.” and also the little spin-off of the spin-off, “Jughead: The Hunger versus Vampironica.”

Beast Complex!

I've yet to come across anything past vol 1 in person, but what I've read of Beast Complex I love. I haven't delved too deep into Beastars yet so I love the smaller story format, really breathes life into the world that's been created

An other, smaller recommendation, would be the set of volumes in the Archie (Madhouse) line of comics:

“Jughead: The Hunger.” and also the little spin-off of the spin-off, “Jughead: The Hunger versus Vampironica.”
fun fact: Archie and Predator had a crossover
53D601F60273FEF38F48A8ACD1561B402DA9F975.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back