• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

lndigo

Dreamweaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Everything holds a story within.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·​

What words does your soul whisper? What do they yearn to tell?

Are they legends of tragic heroes whose untimely end was brought on by excess hubris?

Or perhaps, you’d rather delight in the friendship of two strangers whose intertwined destinies were far greater than either expected?

Are you the type to stay cozy by the fire to fall asleep to your guardian’s re-telling of your favourite allegory?

Or would you rather stoke the flames of your bravery with tales from the cryptids and darker abyss?

Does your heart bloom at the re-telling of lovers’ first kiss? Does it sink at the thought of their unwarranted goodbyes?

Would you care to share your tale?

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·​

Hello! Call me Indy. I’m 22 and use She/Her pronouns. I’ve been RPing for almost a decade so this isn’t my first rodeo, but I continue to learn more about it with every new story that I write. My favourite genres are fantasy, sci-fi, and slice of life, but honestly, I'm pretty down for trying anything.

Outside RP, I play games casually. I'm pretty hooked on Genshin right now, but usually RPGs are my jam. I'm also learning to draw so I can make art of my OCs. I low-key love doodling fanart of my OC and my partner's OC so I maybe sending some your way when I get inspired to. I work part-time for the summer and I'm off school so I'm here looking for fellow story-tellers!

· •RP STYLE• ·
  • I write in third-person, past-tense and really love to describe things in detail (read as ‘Indy is pretty wordy and guilty of purple prose, Your Honour.’).
  • My preferred medium is PMs. But threads and GoogleDocs are always an option as well. The only thing I can’t do is RP over Discord. But I do use it to plot, if that’s what’s convenient for you.
  • I favour slower paced RPs because I care about the quality of my writing and it takes time. Sadly, I don’t rapid-fire like I used to.
  • My well of characters is unending because I like including side characters and NPCs into the plot. LGBTQA+ characters are always welcome!
    • Also I have pretty open preferences to face claims/character descriptions. Anime, art, realistic, just words, or none at all. It’s all cool!
  • OOC and plotting is my bread and butter. I don’t think we can be successful if we don’t talk to each other don’t you think? Well.. unless we can telepathically communicate! Or share one brain cell!
  • In more fantasy and sci-fi settings, I like to do a little bit of world building. We mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darlings! ~

· •PARTNER PREFERENCES• ·
  • Partners of any age with an open-mind and are flexible to plotting are most welcome!
  • I hope to find writers who also build up more narrative in a post/reply. I add a little something, something. You add a little something, something. That way, we’re not just reacting to each other. We’re sprinkling in a bit of action and intrigue in-between and both equally carrying the story forward!
    • Side Note: I have no word count preference, but I do appreciate effort being put into a post. I swear that I’m not a stickler for grammar or spelling, but if you try your best, that’s enough for me!
  • Most of all, I tend to get along with people in good spirits. I'm friendly and actually don't mind talking about anything! I'm not the most knowledgeable since I'm very much so a normie (at least when it comes to games and anime), but I do keep an open mind.

· •GENERAL INTERESTS• ·
  • Fantasy settings with mythical beasts as the protagonists (opposed to just humans)
  • Arthurian Legends, Sword in the Stone, Internal strife within the Knights of the Round Table
  • Being stuck in a parallel universe, alternate timeline/history, time-travelling and paradoxes
  • Virtual worlds and artificial realities that has crossover mechanics and real world consequences
  • Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs! Can’t you tell that I’ve been watching Jurassic Park too much? XD
  • Film noires and delving into a heart of grit. Solving mysteries whilst dealing with the darkness that shrouds the characters
  • Utopian/Dystopian societies that challenge the social constructs and ideals
  • Over-the-top, action comedies that features characters barely able to survive, but their luck is still holding out somehow?!
  • Modern slice of life with a simmering side of slow-burn romance with sprinkles of fluff and drama for some added spice - oh, la, la ~
    • TBH, Romance is optional but my hopeless romantic side always wishes for it eventually.. If romance feels icky to write, I do enjoy family and friend/platonic group dynamics as well! Go, go family, go!

· •FANDOMS• ·
  • I’m mainly interested in OCxOC plots. CanonxOC is lovely, but it’s just not my cup of tea, my darlings.
  • Current fandom cravings in no particular order:
    • Genshin Impact
    • Tales of Symphonia
    • Monster Hunter
    • Pokemon
    • Animal Crossing
    • Haikyuu
    • Violet Evergarden
    • Hunter x Hunter
    • Spy x Family
    • Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki Films
    • Marvel (Avengers or Spiderman please - She has limited knowledge of "The X-Men", Sorry to the Mutants and Prof. Xavier!)
    • The Boys
    • Jurassic Park
    • BBC’s Merlin
    • Anything Sherlock Holmes! (I’ve seen the Downey movies, BBC’s version, and even started the American adaptation Elementary with Joan Watson - love a good gender bend!)

· •ORIGINAL PLOTS• ·

• Den of Thieves - Fantasy, Light-hearted, Non-human characters, Playing the reverse uno card on the heroes

“Why are dragons, ghouls, and goblins always the bad guys?”

They can’t help their appearance and their way of living. While some of them, yes, did have cruel intentions, it was quite unfair to lump them all in that category. Maybe some dragons just wanted to grow flowers on their mountains, maybe some ghouls just wanted to play tag with their friends. Either way, these humans and declarations of heroism needed to go. They weren’t going take it from these self-proclaimed champions anymore.

What happens when a group of unjustly wronged creatures find themselves a common enemy? They plan their revenge together. Starting with taking what these knights and kings and queens value most… their gold!

Author's Note: I wanted to write something fun! A heist with magical creatures as they infiltrate the human kingdom and take their precious treasures.

• Reptilian Age - Dinosaurs, Aliens, and Guns - oh my! Sci-fi featuring our pre-historic friends

“Imagine the world if dinosaurs didn’t go extinct and rather grew with the modern civilization that we know today…”

The end of the Jurassic era didn’t come at the hands of balls of fire nor walls of ice, but rather the rise of an ancient alien race looking to provide guidance to the living beings on Earth. With their technology, they were able to harness the power of these creatures and subjugate them to become the backbone of manual labour and tasks requiring great feats of strength. Essentially, the reptiles became the workhorse of progress. But not before they were used to make the humankind submit to the alien’s rule instead of simply disposing of their kind entirely as they (human’s ape ancestors) were frail, underdeveloped, and easily dispensable.

It’s been a few millennia since the evolution of humans and dinosaurs. While the planet flourished with the efficient use of resource by the Umod (ruling alien race), humans were beginning to get tired of being the pack mules along side with the dinosaurs. They no longer wanted to be the fodder that simply sustained life for the Umod. They wanted to be free of them. And so the very seeds of revolution has been planted and their allies were none other than the dinosaurs they once feared. Together, they were going to usher in a new era, bring new meaning to the reptilian age.

Author’s Note: It would be cool to see humans and dinos work together instead of battling against each other! I’ve had this one idea in my mind for a while, but just haven’t had the chance to flesh it out. If you’re down for some sci-fi world building, this maybe for you.

So far, I’ve been toying around with idea of the humans being able to connect to the dinosaurs neural circuits to communicate. Think of the communication between Dr. Newton and Alice in Pacific Rim, but more stable. Perhaps, that could be where our story starts - building a foundation of communication with the dinos. But this is really open to take in any direction so if you’ve got an idea (plot or otherwise), let me know!

• Royal Gambit - Historical setting based on the Joseon Period in Korea, Basically, it’s open season to become the King’s heir so strap in for action, drama, and political intrigue

“Ambition is revealing. It makes for the very essence of being, and so it’s very mere subsistence requires nothing less than the full course of action brought to life. Anything less would be to spurn the gift of one’s own limitless potential.”

No heir had been declared as the King’s health continues to decline. Like blood on water, his political adversaries see this as an opportunity to seize the throne. In the most unlikely of cases, the Queen had been unable to produce a son worthy of claiming their right as the Crown Prince. Under such dire circumstances, there was no choice, but to allow one of the King’s concubine’s children to ascend in rank allowing their family to rise in esteem. It was an honour bestowed upon Muse A’s family. The only problem was Muse A’s older brother didn’t quite share this ambition.

Muse A’s brother saw his fate to be a lot more fluid, a life committed wholly to the pursuit of his own intellectual curiousity, one that dictated ample freedom as opposed to civil duty. Simply put, he did not, in any way shape or form, want to become the Crown Prince. The only way to escape his destiny was to flee, a betrayal that Muse A and their mother had to face. And so in their stead, Muse A took on their brother’s identity, to uphold their family’s commitment to serve the kingdom. While trying to save face, this solution would have worked, if not for the knowledge that Muse B possesses.

Muse B was a close friend of Muse A’s brother and was aware of his inclinations of freedom. Would Muse A be able to convince Muse B to keep their secret? Would Muse A be able to convince the court in their disguise? Only time would tell.

Author’s Notes: Ah, historical RPs! To be honest, this isn’t my forte, but I wanted to challenge myself out of my comfort zone. And in the midst of watching my first K-Drama, The King’s Affection, I really, really wanted to give this a shot. I was thinking that this would be based on the Joseon period in Korea. And my preference would be to play Muse A.

I left Muse B’s part to be quite open because I wanted the person who picked up this role to have creative freedom on their backstory and history. Muse B could be eyeing the throne for themselves and scheme the downfall of Muse A. But maybe, Muse B would rather be a willing ally that helps to conceal Muse A’s identity. Their rank would also be completely open whether they are part of the elite (Yangban) or also servants of the royal court or perhaps even another ruler/spy looking to leave behind a larger legacy. I’m really excited to plot this and see where it goes!

• Virtual Superstitions - Modern Slice of Life with a Virtual Reality Twist, Feel-good friendships with mystery

“Escapism is a daring dream to find possibilities beyond the world that surrounds you. To lift the veil of the mundane and find idyllic paradise, perhaps, that’s what they wished to do...”

Muse A was born on an unlucky date. Their delivery was a turbulent one and everything that could go wrong did. Yet, despite it all, their family pulled together and loved them. Unfortunately, their “bad luck” would follow them in their daily life. Tired of always being a burden and a scapegoat for terrible things, they boot themselves into a virtual one to escape from this reality. In the game, their avatar was the very token of luck, the one gifted with the “Midas” touch.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Muse B was born with a silver spoon. Everything they wanted was within arm’s reach, yet, their family was never around. Encapsulated by loneliness, they retreat to the virtual world to find a place of belonging, to find a friend. However, Muse B, did not want to mirror their avatar to their real self. They opted to appear modestly, but their lack of social skills made it difficult to make new friends - something that Muse A knew all too well.

Both Muses meet in game and end up bonding about their life experiences. As time passes, Muse B suggests to meet Muse A in reality, but Muse A is terrified that they’ll bring bad luck and spoil their meeting. And so Muse B is convinced to show them to reach beyond their fears and be free of their limiting beliefs because friendships like these are one of the very few precious treasures of this world.

Author's Notes: I really want to explore both the virtual world and the real world and switch between the two. We can probably create what this game/virtual reality looks like first - I’m thinking something along the lines of an open world RPG so our characters could be fighting monsters, etc. But it could be anything really! Maybe survival horror, if that’s your thing. Or even a space/futuristic setting.

I think there’s a lot of possibility to expand the plot too. I was thinking that once Muse A agrees to meet Muse B, something awful happens out of their control. One possibility is that Muse B, on their way to meeting Muse A, goes missing. When Muse B doesn’t show, Muse A then, goes back into the virtual world to try to find Muse B and try to retrace their final steps to find out where they could possibly be.

But at the end of it all, I really wanted to write something more heartfelt and to really undergo a journey of friendship for the characters as they themselves grow into the people that they wish to be. ❤️

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·​

At the moment, I’m looking for both original and fandom RPs. I’m really craving Genshin Impact for fandoms and Virtual Superstitions for my own original plots. I’m always open for new plots as well so send me your ideas. Thank you so much for your time and I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

Please send me a message if you’re interested!

qd1O8Z2.jpg

“A sky as pure as water bathe the stars and brought them out.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back