• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sephus

Roleplay Type(s)
^That said: when IC, please use proper grammar and syntax.

I'm a 29 year old male. I typically play male in a mxf context.

After an extended amount of time taken from writing and a viral pandemic later, I've had no other choice but to look my passion in the face. And its face is intimidating af. In the War of Art, Steven Pressfield asserts that the closer we get to our passion, our calling, the stronger the resistance. My resistance has manifested in a plethora of excuses and writing "anxieties". While I'm delving into any sort of narrative and character analyses that I can, it doesn't quite get the brain going like a good ol' RP.

I enjoy stories. No. I love stories. I love characters. I love the psyche of well developed characters. I love believable interactions, conflicts, plots.
I'm looking to dive into the darkness and unknown.
I don't enjoy inconsistencies, e.g.: unequal plot-pushing, weak characters (e.g.: Mary Sues and Gary Stus or omnipotent, all-powerful characters unless plot-related), interactions not consistent with character motivations/ personalities.

I'm flexible with formats and preferences. Please share with me anything you'd like to include in the RP (Faceclaims, character sheets, etc).
As for length: please avoid short posts. That said, overly long posts not actually saying anything aren't ideal either. Take your time with your posts if you need to. Discuss if you feel stuck.

I prefer OC RPs.

Genres I'm craving:
-Futuristic/ sci-fi (includes AGI/ AI, Androids)
-Horror/ dark
-Abuse/ conflicts (includes S&M dynamics, leaning towards mannerisms and treatment rather than apparatus-focused)
-Family
They can be mixed and matched. Can be open to others.

Word..bank? Or ideas/ dollops of inspiration:
-Contraband
-Drugs
-Control
-Escapism
-Existentialism
-Mafia/ Yakuza/ Triads/ Gangs
-Corruption
-Organic vs Inorganic
-Sentience
-Free-will

Genres I can write; not necessarily craving but can do with the right partner:
-High-fantasy
-Modern/ Realistic

Some off the top of my head pairings:
-Partners (in crime or law)
-Siblings (we could run side characters to add romance; relationship inspired by Altered Carbon S1)
-Abusive couple/ friends/ family members
-Android x Human
-Android x Android
-Hunter x Hunted
-AI x Human
-Give me time, I'm sure I'll come up with more.

PM me with a writing sample please (:. Preferably something fresh and recently written with minimal editing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back