• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings let's start with forever. (a fandom & original search)

cxrlyxo

you are my life now

1617768852392.png

let's start with forever.

Hello everyone! My name is Carly, and welcome to my fandom and original roleplay request thread! I try not to make these too extensive, but because I'm sure you guys would like as much information about me as possible prior to roleplaying, I've put everything in tabs for your viewing pleasure. I apologize in advance if the coding is bad or messed up in some form - I don't have a whole lot of experience. Anyway, if you read this and find that we may be compatible as writing partners, please do not hesitate to reach out! I don't bite (unless you want me to, I guess...). At the absolute least, skim this before contacting me. I know it's long, but I want to make sure everything I am and am not looking for is clear. Please privately message me and do not comment on this thread. Also, please provide at least some information about what you are interested in, what you're looking for, your writing preferences, etc. This has been copy and pasted from my Black Dahlia Roleplaying thread, so please let me know if there are any issues with the coding or if anything goes against site guidelines.

Last updated: 7 April 2021

About Me

As you can probably tell by my username, my name is Carly. I have been roleplaying on and off since around 2013, beginning on the greatly-missed app High School Hero (raise your hand if you remember). Since then, I've written on places like Amino communities, Kik, and Tumblr, as well as other RP forums here on the great ol' internet. Outside of roleplaying, though, I do enjoy writing and literature in general. I've dabbled in both fan fiction and poetry, and being able to write with other people further allows me to create worlds outside of my own.

In case you haven't seen it on my profile, I am currently eighteen years old and became so in January. Please keep this in mind when you are wanting to write with me. Know that I may not be comfortable writing with those in their 30s and 40s because I am 'freshly' 18. This is nothing against anyone or their respective age groups on here because everyone is welcome; it just feels a little weird to me (even if it is entirely fictional) writing with someone twenty years my senior when I am 'barely legal,' as some might say, especially on websites known for a strong presence of smut. I hope you can understand.

As a role player, I am extremely versatile and definitely a people-pleaser (though sometimes that can lead to some indecision). I usually don't ask much of people or have many demands, but will expect fluid communication OOC with my partners.

Please view my list of rules below.

1. I would appreciate if I could get replies at least once or twice a week. Though I do have a habit of getting overly excited about plots, I do understand that life happens. I'm a high school senior with graduation coming up and college in the fall. I do ask, though, that you let me know when you'll be away for an extended period of time. It may also be helpful to tell me about your schedule when you initially contact me so I know when to expect replies from you. I am in the eastern timezone (GMT-5) and am currently unavailable (or intermittently available) between the hours of 6:30am and 5pm.

2. Along with communication, I would appreciate honesty. Not feeling something? Need me to change anything? Let me know and I'll be more than happy to stop, chat about it, and make adjustments accordingly. Feel like you need to drop the thread altogether? That's okay, too! I will say that I don't really like being ghosted, so if you tend to do that (or don't like getting messages asking why), that's something to consider for writing with me. But I do understand that sometimes you just gotta peace out.

3. As far as length and such goes, I can't really give a particular word count range or anything. I more often than not match my partner(s), but I do prefer quality over quantity. I won't hound you, because even my replies can get a little short sometimes. The only thing I would like to stay away from is one-liners, of course. In regards to point of view and all that fun stuff, I do enjoy first person and present tense, but will adapt to my partner(s) on that as well. I do type in all lowercase OOC out of habit, but rest assured I'll RP like I'm in English class (that said, I'd like proper grammar and such from you as well).

4. At this time, I only write M/F pairings with a preference for the female role. I do not have experience with writing transgender or gender nonconforming characters currently, but would be willing to give it a shot. I am also willing to do multiple threads if we would each like to play a female and a male character.

5. Diversity in characters (gender, race, sexuality, disability, etc) is encouraged, but should not be done for fetishization purposes or under stereotypes (especially ones that are negative or harmful). It is expected that we will both do proper research should it be needed. No bigotry (racism, transphobia, homophobia, ableism, xenophobia, etc..) will occur in our RPs under any circumstances, even if it is 'fantasy' or 'fiction' and you wouldn't do it in real life. This is non-negotiable. Slurs or derogatory words/phrases should not be used. If I see any of this (even outside of our own threads), our role play will be ended immediately and you will be ignored. I reserve the right to run a 'background check' on you for these types of things prior to agreeing to anything.

6. This is more of a 'temporary' guideline, but please give me your patience with OCs and such. I am currently running low on inspiration and motivation to create characters (especially if they are to be multifaceted). I can't crank out good characters quickly like I used to, so please keep that in mind as well. I am totally okay with just descriptions (it's fun to have some individual imagination in there sometimes). That being said, let's avoid Mary Sues and all that sort of stuff.

7. I don't have many triggers, but here are things I would like to stay away from: extreme alcoholism (especially in the presence of children), extreme character death, self harm and suicide (they can be mentioned as part of a character's past, however), any form of bigotry, extreme gore, and vore. I will update this list should anything else arise or change.

8. General RP etiquette. No god-modding (unless discussed), no excessive bumping, etc.

Curious about what my favorite themes/pairings are? Click this next little spoiler!

Here, you will find a list of themes/pairings that I enjoy writing. I am willing to try things beyond these, but I do tend to stray away from medieval and may need the right era/plot for something historical. Things in bold are my current cravings.

Bad/Good (Insert whatever you want)
Kidnapping/Stockholm Syndrome/Stalking/Yandere
Sports
Dystopian/Sci-fi/Futuristic
Musicians/Celebrities
Rooomates/college
Enemies to Lovers
Best Friends to Lovers
Reunification
Online/Long-distance relationships
Techno-thriller/psychological thrillers
Polyamory
Sugar daddy/baby
Vampires/Werewolves (literally anything supernatural)
Angels/Demons

Mysteries (i.e. two young adults solving a local crime)
Caregiver/Little

This is a list of some of my fandoms and the pairings I would like to do. I prefer Canon/OC and OC/OC over Canon/Canon, but will do any. I also probably forgot some stuff, so if you wanna do something that's not listed here, just ask. Ones in bold are fandoms I'd like to do and characters I'd like to play.

• Twilight (Edward/Bella, Edward/OC, Emmett/OC)​
  • Life is Strange (Nathan/OC, Warren/Max, Warren/OC)​
  • Haikyuu!! (Tanaka/OC, Kageyama/OC)​
  • Teen Wolf (Scott/OC, Isaac/Allison, Stiles/Lydia, Jackson/OC)​
  • The Vampire Diaries (Kai/OC, Stefan/Elena, Tyler/OC)​
  • YOU (Joe/OC, Love/OC)​
  • Divergent (Four/Tris, Four/OC)​
  • The 5th Wave (Cassie/Evan, Ben/OC)​
  • Nerve (Vee/Ian, Ian/OC)​
  • Heathers (JD/OC, JD/Veronica)​
  • KPOP (particularly BTS)​

Here are some of my original plots. Please note that a lot of these are quite old and have run their course with me, but I'm hoping that someone may be able to give me the 'spice' I need to truly enjoy them again. I will eventually make a masterlist of my plots and add onto that as I wish (including some album-based plots/starters I have). For now, take a look at these.

Takes place in a world where royalty are not just chosen by bloodlines. Two families govern; the eldest child of each new generation will go against the other in the battle for the crown. They must prove to the general public that they are the better fit. It’s a melting pot of campaigns, bribes, and rivalries. It is seldom that opposite sexes run against each other, but this is the case for the current election. Muse A has known Muse B her entire life, and the two have never gotten along. Muse B gives Muse A more than a hard time, already trying to control her before the election even begins. History has proven that male rulers are preferred, but Muse A is determined to place herself on the throne. But is there more behind Muse B’s constant need to pester her? Is there a hidden layer of lust behind his anger, frustration and competitiveness?

Muse A was kidnapped months ago. Her captor is on the run for a number of crimes, and isn’t keen on letting muse a go. Instead, he wants her in a place he can meet her when it is safe. So, he sends her to Rome, Italy. He has prepared a luxurious apartment for her - one that she cannot leave. To get her the things she needs - and to make sure she does not escape - Muse A’s captor has arranged for Muse B to look after her. both muses are expected to follow his rules, remain compliant - but Muse B begins to soften. He feels guilty, but muse a finds solace in his help and his frequent visits. Will Muse B take the risk and get Muse A out?

In this universe, another life does exist. Names and lives change, but faces don’t. Even though her previous life is long gone, Muse A still remembers her time with Muse B, and is desperate to find him, to make things right. She searches through any records she can get her hands on, retraces her steps and tries to recall. It can be said that she searches every corner of the earth trying to find him. Will she succeed? And if so, at what cost?

Muse A plays wheelchair basketball at her university. Muse B is a world-class Paralympian entrusted by the coach to help the team improve before the national championships. Immediately upon seeing him, Muse A is stunned by both his beauty and his knowledge. He is everything she wants to be - and everything she wants. She only has mere months (or even weeks depending on the timeline) before he leaves to get him to fall in love with her. He travels all around the world, and she feels overwhelmed by the possible competition she has. She’s gotta play two games at once and somehow win them both.

X-Factor-esque plot in which Muse A and Muse B are musicians. They both perform on a competition and get put together as a duo. However, they have little to no chemistry, so management sends them off on their own tour to search for that chemistry. Just them, a van, their instruments, and the open road.

Muse A has been kidnapped by a man who has been obsessed with her. he is insistent on getting her to behave and fall in love with him, but as you would expect, it's not going the way he'd hoped. She's defiant and absolutely terrified. Muse C (a friend of Muse B, possibly his best friend) is given the task of helping him, especially when he's gone and afraid she might do something to foil his entire plan. Muse C sees the helpless, pleading looks that she gives him, but advises her to simply listen to Muse B. He often brings down meals to her or other things, allowing her to see much more of him than she thought. She begins to fall in love, but at the same time, Stockholm syndrome is beginning to set in with Muse B. There seems to be only one solution, but it's a matter of Muse B allowing it. Similar to Rescue in Rome minus the mafia stuff.

Muse A and Muse B are neighbors in an apartment building. Every night, Muse A is heard singing and playing the guitar, sometimes playing original songs, sometimes doing covers. One night, Muse B decides to join them and harmonize... through the door. They're for some reason afraid of seeing Muse A. Maybe it's their commitment issues? Maybe they're afraid that joining them made them uncomfortable? Definitely could use the pandemic as an element of this.

Since I know some people like to see it prior to deciding if they'd like to role play with someone, here's a little writing sample. Please note that I can write much more or much less than this, and can send other samples to you if you'd like.

“Oh, no no no,” Lily quickly shook her head in response to his offer. “I’m fine. I’ll get used to it. Besides, you probably spent way too much money for us to just leave.” She chuckled, the sound not as effortless and light as she hoped it would be. Her muscles were much too tense for this sort of setting, her mind going to a million different places at once? What if she didn’t like the gift? What if her meal cost more than her dress? Was he wanting anything more after the date? She pushed the questions aside, though, needing to focus at the task at hand, which was managing to not be upset by whatever pricey gift was inside the bag. She had to be grateful.

Not only was he giving her his time, but he was throwing away money that could’ve gone anywhere else for her. Alcohol, another expensive car, or designer shoes fit for Rodeo Drive could’ve earned his change, but instead, it was her. Why he would do such a thing for someone he barely knew, she didn’t know, but she wasn’t the one with what could be millions of dollars in their hands. Lily, a girl that was scholarly but extremely shy and insecure. She found herself willing and ready to answer or help when it came to schoolwork, but as soon as it came down to a personal conversation, she just couldn’t do it.

She pulled the item closer to her, her eyes often flicking up to him as if she was looking for some sort of approval. His gaze was expectant, for sure. She peeked inside of it before gingerly removing the tissue paper (not balling it up like she normally would because what if that was Louis Vuitton?). Inside was the shiny silver bracelet she had been wanting for so long but did not have the ability to get. Not only was it completely out of her price range, but it also seemed to never be in stock, and she found herself flooded with disappointment every time she would go to scour websites for it again. She gasped, a hand covering her mouth.

“Oh my god,” she whispered. “I’ve been looking for this forever. Did you find my Amazon wishlist or something?” She chuckled, raising an eyebrow. How could he have known she wanted this? Stop questioning it. Just take it. “It’s... a million times more beautiful in person than it was online. Thank you... so much. But I...” The guilt was already washing over her; not from him being upset about her not taking it, but about the fact that she hadn’t known he was spending so much on her and couldn’t stop him. But then she looked at him, and there was something different in his eyes. Something like... she was ordering her to accept it. She wanted to gulp, but she found a lump stuck in her throat. She mentally chided herself.

by the way: welcome back, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'd be interested in trying a Dystopian/futuristic rp, are you still craving it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back