• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Let's make a superhero! (Marvel Universe, Venom RP) (Open)

Deadwood Deer

Ten Thousand Club
Somethings about me:
  • Be at least 18, or close to it. I don't mind RPing with minors, but that does put some restrictions on what I can say and do just by the different levels of subjects that are appropriate.
  • I am online pretty much constantly from 7:00 AMish EST to 11:30 PM EST. I'd prefer you to be similarly active, especially during what is my early morning, from 7:30-12:00, if at all possible. I'm looking to fill my morning slot so I'm not twiddling my thumbs while I wait for classwork to be uploaded or for other RP partners to be able to be able to respond.
  • OOC chatter is non-negotiable. I like to talk, I'd like you to like to talk. About the story, about random stuff, sharing memes, whatever. When I can't have a conversation with someone, I don't feel like we're actually making any connections and that sucks.
  • My post length depends on the rate of posting between us, and what you write. If we're going back and forth every couple minutes, I'll write a couple paragraphs. If we're not going back and forth like that, I'll write longer.
  • There is a minimum required post length of 4 sentences for In-Character posts. I firmly believe that there is only three circumstances where a one-liner is acceptable, and that's that one line it takes to say "I can't do this anymore for X reason, I'm done.", when you quit an RP, the one line it takes to say "I'm interested in what you're looking for, would you like to talk about it?", and when it's pre-agreed that the RP isn't very serious and long posts aren't a necessity. Outside of those, no excuse.
  • I'm a nerd. When something interests me, I research it. This includes the effects/requirements of powers or events in the story. If I have a concern about how something works, I'll look it up, and apply what research tells me to describe what happens.
  • I'm also very blunt. I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes I say things that come across the wrong way. If you are confused or something I say bothers you, say something, I'm not a telepath. If I'm not made aware that there's an issue, I can't do anything to fix the issue.
If anything above there bothers you, I'd prefer you didn't respond, everything up there are my dealbreakers. Be active, be willing to have out of character conversations, be able to write posts of comparable length and good quality.

If you're cool with all that, then onto the idea! I'd really like to do something Venom-themed (The Venom Symbiote from Marvel.) I've been really interested in the dynamic between host and klyntar. I'd like to RP with someone about the adventures of someone that is (un)fortunate enough to have a klyntar seed fall into their life. How is their relationship with their symbiote? How do the symbiote and human deal with the responsibility of that power? What does their rogues' gallery look like? Let's find out!

PM or comment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back