• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Let's Kill The Demon King! - OOC

Gossip

Not Afraid of God; Afraid of Man
IC Thread

The world was brought to the Demon King's heel.
Can you take it back from him and free your people?
We need you...
Please, I beg of you!

Welcome to the OOC thread of Let's Kill The Demon King, a GM-guided VRMMORPG with a twist!

I'm your host, Spoken, and will be your guide through your adventure in the vast world of Heim; Through your journey, you will seek out the Demon King, an evil being full of cruelty and intent on complete domination of the world. Starting as mere novices, you will gain strength and allies through teamwork and daring in order to succeed in freeing your new home of tyranny.

The start of the RP will be the first login of your character in Demon King Online, an increasingly popular VRMMORPG that is acclaimed for its depth, great graphics and incredible artificial intelligence. As matter would have it, not is all it would seem, and through your playing sessions you will start to uncover the true nature of the seemingly innocuous game.

At first the owner of a fairly generic avatar whose sole defining qualities being their extreme resemblance to your character and their inability to die, you will strengthen and customize your virtual adventurer as you wish, from choosing how you will fight to even having the ability to be reborn as another race, with all the advantages and inconveniences it may bring you. At changes will be done through optional quests, that will be referred to Avatar Quests. Of course, asking the GM about what you want or would like to try through PM or down below is your best bet to having things go your way, as I will be willing to leave a lot up to you as to how your character will end up having as far as their Avatar goes. Explore, ask and most of all get involved!

Through the entirety of the RP, I will be managing NPCs and generally direct the plot, leaving you to tackle challenges as you see fit with one sole exception; you must stay in group. The challenges will evolve as you do, and since this is a roleplay and not a video game, the story itself will be affected by your actions. Each login will mean a character arc, so while there will be timeskips, events will usually happen all at the same time storywise.

The posting schedule for GM posts will be planned to be once every day, with plenty of room for character interaction in between.

Lastly, before I get the ball rolling, I will ask that every participant be active in the OOC thread, and that each post be at least a full paragraph in length with a specific goal in mind.

That done, your only requirement to start will be this: Please write a little of your character below, from what they do when they are not playing to their personality and looks.

Thank you for reading this, and good luck!

Last edited:
that each post be at least a full paragraph in length with a specific goal in mind.

That done, your only requirement to start will be this: Please write a little of your character below, from what they do when they are not playing to their personality and looks.
What do you mean?

First one mainly says you have to have at least one action in each IC post, and that you'll have to post at least a paragraph describing that action/dialogue/decision, etc.

The second is kinda a condensed CS, in that you go something like:

My character will be Bob Bobington, a 18 years old high school student. He's blue eyed, has brown hair and has a scar on his left eyebrow. He's tall and athletic, but he's kinda clumsy. He enjoy playing baseball and decided to play DKO because he wanted to experience a great adventure.

Of course, this is pretty basic, but this can be as detailed as you want.

I guess I'll write up that character, then ^,^
Sora is your run of the mill Japanese high school student. He plays net games, watches shonen anime, and gets decent grades in school. He doesn't really pay attention in school except in science classes, and he makes small change by writing web novels. He's 16 years old and looks just as stereotypical as he is - black hair, black eyes, and his hieght is 177 cm.

He decided to play DKO for his first VR experience, hearing that it had an unusual amount of realism- he joked with a friend that he was going to base his game character off of one of the characters from his most popular web novels, an Isekai novel.

Last edited:
Roger Darlington

Roger is your average small-town nerd hoping to hit the big time. Hailing from a poor town in South Carolina, Darlington is bent on getting out of the state through being discovered in the entertainment scene. He recently started up a Youtube gaming channel in hopes of getting exposure through doing one of the things he loves best: playing videogames.

So, when he heard of a new virtual reality game in which the player was supposidly truely immersed into the world of the game, he decided that it was a golden oppurtunity to get new content for his channel.

He is a sociable, jovial young man whose empathetic nature clashes dramtically with his favorite type of character in an RPG, the uncaring, morally questionable rogue or assassin.

As for appearance; he stands a good 5'9 and has quite a small build. His hair is dark brown and bushy and his eyes are a deep blue. He is caucasian, but has a slight tan due to where he lives.

Welp here's my character
Mira is a self-proclaimed genius who is shrouded in mystery. She rarely divulges into her own past, never telling her age and origin. However, if one were to judge by the sound of her voice and accent, they would probably guess her to be an American high schooler or young college student. Her interest and hobbies vary from book collecting to gaming, but she’s always on the lookout for something new to amuse her. The only reason she plays DKO is for the hope it will live up to the hype.

She can neither be considered antisocial or affable. One moment she’s an outspoken person and during the next she’s quiet and observing. Her comments can be considered abrasive at times as she tends to speak her mind with a complete disregard to another person’s feeling.

Mira stands at the average height of 5’4”. Her dark brown hair is shoulder length and usually kept in a ponytail. Her most defining aspect are her eyes, which are a golden amber color.

!!!!! Where do we make characters. This seems pretty hype.

Edit: Apparently we start here. I shouldve read the first post more carefully

Last edited:
Here is my character.

Stefan H. Morin is a 16 year old teenager hailing from Sacramento, California. And is secretly a famous hobbyist artist known mostly on the internet as NocuousVex. Where he shows off his skills when it comes to the art scene, posting his digital art for the world to see on whatever site that allows one to do so. He does commissions and streams, he wears a mask when he does stream, and his original art is mostly just strange-looking but very pretty.

Upon hearing the news of a new VRMMORPG coming out with supposedly lush world, and hopes to find new inspiration for art as he feels he's nearing an artist's block. Stefan is a person who isn't exactly very sociable, often seen to just be quiet and observing of his surroundings.

Though the reason for him being very quiet isn't that he is awkward around people, he just has nothing to speak of. Nothing at all. Though when he does speak, he has a tendency to speak his mind clearly and is usually very straightforward with his words. And as such, can be seen as a a bit of a harsh person. If he thinks what you've created is terrible, he will say it bluntly to your face without hesitation.

Stefan has a skinny build, and stands at a 5 feet and 8 inches. His black hair goes down to below his neck, is seen as a complete mess and is frizzy most of the time. His eyes, much like his hair, is the color of a pure black. Stefan is also a closet fan of anime and the such, and is even more so when it comes to his favourite thing about anime. Lolis. He's a closet lolicon.

Marcus Leventhe is a 22 year old Adult who works as a bartender in a quaint seaside hotel in Singapore.

Being born mute, Marcus always had trouble finding friends and getting along with others, usually being bullied and treated like an idiot in school. Living on his own, Marcus welcomed the tranquility of being by himself, though when he heard of the new VRMMORPG, curiosity led him to try it out just for the experience.

Because he is mute, he may come across as aloof and uncaring to others. He has learnt sign language but not many people learn it so most of his communication was writing his words down on paper.

Standing at 180cm, Marcus has short black hair which is combed back. His eyes are light blue and he has a simple pair of spectacles. His dressing resembles that of a butler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back