• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Let's Get the Band Back Together | Pᴀᴛʜꜰɪɴᴅᴇʀ Pᴀʀᴛʏ

CobaltThunder

Caution: Randomness Inside. Handle With Care
Hi there!

I wanted to create a thread to see if anyone would like to do some Pathfinder adventures?

I must admit that I am a complete, utter n00b to Pathfinder, and as I'm trying to get experience, I figured "Hey, let's see if there's any experienced people willing to help a greenhorn out!" I'd like to eventually learn how to GM so I can do stuff with my little bro, but I think it's a good idea to actually know how to play a PC first...

Judging from the threads on the main page, Pathfinder unfortunately doesn't seem to be super popular (I've heard things about it being on the math-heavy side compared to DnD owo), so hey, let's turn on the juice and see what shakes loose!

Is this the first thing you have gmed?

Pathfinder is far from a beginner friendly system, hardly could call it journeyman friendly. Rules interact and change depending on what factors go in, certain things can happen simply because thw rules DON'T say the certain thing can happen.

Rules lawyering is the norm and required, I can provide assistance but fair warning long winded explanations can, and will, happen.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Yes, this would be the first thing I'd GM if I wanted to GM, but I'm not looking to lead this one (guess I didn't make that super clear). I wanted to see if anyone with experience would want to form something and kind of help a newb out.

I haven't had the chance to do much beyond creating a character, but my brother has been going to the local game gathering they have at the library and has done a few mini-adventures thus far. I, having been at work, haven't been able to go yet. Plus I don't mind long-winded explanations, seeing as I tend to give them myself...

P.S., I just remembered that it might be helpful to mention that I have jumped into a Dice RP on this site before. Unfortunately, it fizzled out pretty quickly.

If you just want to learn the basics. Can do an easy one shot, it'll be pretty straightforward but should show you the basics of pathfinder.

There are too many rules to cover everything and most people house rules their games but for the purpose of this tutorial...we will play the game as close as the books as possible which might not be most people cup of tea.

Adventure Hook: A gang of goblins threaten Addersfield, you and a group of fresh adventurers decide to go take care of the problem.

Character creation: Level 1
Point Buy: 20
Start with average gold for your class.
While I don't put restriction on which class you can play from the paizo materials, I would advise to play something simple. If you want advice on character creation, feel free to ask.

I'll have npc ready to accompany your characters to the dungeon, so you can see how it all works out.

Real simple to start.

Ain't nothing like pokeing goblins to get one used to a system.

if needing some advice for what would be good to play, unless you already have an idea, fighter is always a good choice, real simple and REALLY hard to mess up. Espeacially at first level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back