• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Let's get down to Plot!

Horsefeathers

Hello fellow members of RPN,

Long story short I had an old account on here years ago, and due to a family emergency needed to postpone rping. Things have calmed down though it's been so long I thought it would be best to just start fresh.

Anyway on to the reason you are here, to find a partner. Hopefully I'll be able to match with some of you.

Basically I'm looking for someone laid back and just looking to have fun. I am not the best with grammar but, I do my best. You will always get a minimum of two paragraphs with five sentences, from me. I would ask the same from you. Also I am currently going to college part time and working full-time so I won't be able to reply everyday. I don't expect you to reply everyday and I would be happy with a reply a week, I might be able to give a couple of replies a week it just depends on my work and class workload. I can play either gender (idk if that matters it might so I just put it out there.) and really just want us to communicate with each other (i.e. I'll be gone for a week, or I had a great idea), most of all have something fun for us to enjoy, and gives us an escape from reality for a bit.

If you are still with me thank you! On to the plots and things of that nature.

Plots:

1. Different but the Same

Muse A and B were next door neighbors throughout their childhood, right up until the day they graduated high school. They weren't exactly friends but their parents were. Which meant they spent a lot of time together, and usually walked to and from school together. The two just didn't have much in common. Muse A was the class president, Muse B was the class clown. They had different friends, different hobbies, the only thing they really had in common was proximity. The two were civil dispite their differences, however, they did get on each other's nerves. After graduation the two went their separate ways. Though somehow they both found themselves in the same profession. (We can decide on what field they went into.) As it turns out they were still very similar to who they were in highschool. What happens when the former student body president and class clown have to work together/ or in close proximity especially when old habits start rubbing them the wrong way?

2. Different Worlds

Muse A came from modest settings, Muse B also came from a similar setting. As time went on Muse A remained in the middle class setting, Muse B however managed to make it to the top one percent. The two used to know one another, they even dated for a whole year in highschool, back when they were both of the same financial situation. Muse A felt as though everything was going well, until one day Muse B didn't come to school. Muse B never returned after that day without a word to Muse A. Muse A never found out what happened, why it happened, or where Muse B ended up.

Eventually, Muse A moved on and other things took place in their mind, though thoughts of Muse B would occasionally surface. Muse A got married and was happy with their simple life.

Muse B's life hadn't gone as well, it turned out their father took out some loans from some not so reputable people. When their father passed away unexpectedly, the loan sharks came to Muse B to collect the massive debt their father owed. The young Muse B had no way of paying them back, but were determined to do so, in order to keep their family, friends, and especially Muse A safe from harm. This lead to them doing some not so legal things to earn money, to quickly pay off the debt. Once the debt was paid off Muse B found they could go legitimate and still rank in the big bucks. After all it wasn't like they could go back home after disappearing for so many years. They often thought of Muse A and the other things they had given up, but found it was too painful to dwell on what could have been.

Muse B became cold and calculating. They never found anyone they felt comfortable with, nowadays it seemed like people were only interested in them for their money.

A couple of years into Muse A's marriage things started to go down hill. Their spouse had grown distant, things getting harder and harder. Muse A tried to make it work, until one evening a friend took Muse A out to a nice restaurant. That was when Muse A saw their spouse cheating on them. Unable to control themselves they made quite the scene demanding to know how long this affair had been going on. As it turned out the affair had been going on for a year. Heartbroken Muse A files for divorce. This leads to some other problems namely having to find a new place to live, paying the lawyer, and maintaining a very strict budget. Just as Muse A decides to get a second job to help with the new expenses they stumble across an ad in the newspaper.

"Help wanted. Looking for a live in house keeper. Duties include keeping the house clean and organized, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, and some other special duties to be discussed at a later date, if hired. Starting pay is $25,000 a month. "

Muse A was sure the pay was a typo, and the special duties did give them pause but this job came with a place to live rent free which would help their new set of problems. So they sent in their resume to the agency that placed the ad. The very next day they received a phone call from Muse B telling them they were hired and should pack their things, as they wanted them to start as soon as possible, and assures them the pay was not a mistake.

Muse A is cautious but accepts. A couple of weeks later they find themselves at a mansion in the mountains, working for someone who looks familiar, though certainly doesn't act like their old significant other. Will Muse A realize that Muse B is their Muse B from way back when, and why did Muse B hire them so fast, do they know their connection to Muse A and just what are the special duties? ( I have some ideas for some of the questions and would love to hear your thoughts too!)

3. It's hard being Normal

Muse A and B work as assassins for an agency that provides skilled killers for the right price. The two are the top in their field, they have worked together before and the jobs went well despite the fact that neither completely trusted the other. This job was supposed to be a quick in and out, but it went bad or worse they were set up. It soon became clear they had been set up so the two decide for their safety they will go into hiding together.

What's more normal than newlyweds moving into a neighborhood to start their lives together, nothing. Unfortunately the two are having a hard time adjusting, Muse A is spying on the neighbors, Muse B is installing security cameras around the house, the two don't eat anything the neighbors brought over to welcome them to the neighborhood. Worse still you can hear them arguing about how it's not normal to carry a concealed gun to a barbecue even of they have a permit, or how telling the neighbor they were easy targets wasn't exactly normal either.

It's hard trying to blend in when you've never had a normal day since your youth, it's even harder when you are also trying to figure out who is trying to kill you. Will the two be able to pass as your decent citizens, will their cover be blown, will they ever agree on anything, or will they be stuck pretend ing to be something they aren't?

4. All to Myself

Muse A and B are newlyweds, they couldn't be happier. They are still very much so in the "honeymoon" phase. The two had talked about waiting to have children. They wanted to get a handle on married life first and be in a good place emotionally, physically, and financially before bringing a child into the world.

Things don't go as planned, after three months of marriage Muse A goes to the doctor as they just aren't feeling quite right. Turns out they are pregnant, which really isn't ideal as Muse B had been saying how much they love having Muse A all to himself and how nice it is not having to share her with anyone right now. Muse A isn't sure how to tell Muse B or if she even should. Does Muse A keep it a secret for as long as possible? How does Muse B find out and how does he react to the news?

Pairings:
Detective x Thief
Ex x Ex
Classical Musician x Punk Rocker
Good Guy x Bad Girl
Soldier x Civilian
School Teacher x School Nurse
Best Friend x Best Friend
(These ones are more fantasy though they could be set in a world similar to ours)
Vampire x Human
Werewolf x Human
Vampire x Werewolf

Well that's all I have thus far I'll add more when I think of some other plots and pairings. If you have any questions or if something peaked your interest please leave a comment below, or you can send me a message. I will be working on getting my ten posts in, in the meantime. Also just a quick note the pairings and most of the plots could focus on platonic relationships.

Hope that you have a wonderful day/night!

2. Different Worlds

Muse A came from modest settings, Muse B also came from a similar setting. As time went on Muse A remained in the middle class setting, Muse B however managed to make it to the top one percent. The two used to know one another, they even dated for a whole year in highschool, back when they were both of the same financial situation. Muse A felt as though everything was going well, until one day Muse B didn't come to school. Muse B never returned after that day without a word to Muse A. Muse A never found out what happened, why it happened, or where Muse B ended up.

Eventually, Muse A moved on and other things took place in their mind, though thoughts of Muse B would occasionally surface. Muse A got married and was happy with their simple life.

Muse B's life hadn't gone as well, it turned out their father took out some loans from some not so reputable people. When their father passed away unexpectedly, the loan sharks came to Muse B to collect the massive debt their father owed. The young Muse B had no way of paying them back, but were determined to do so, in order to keep their family, friends, and especially Muse A safe from harm. This lead to them doing some not so legal things to earn money, to quickly pay off the debt. Once the debt was paid off Muse B found they could go legitimate and still rank in the big bucks. After all it wasn't like they could go back home after disappearing for so many years. They often thought of Muse A and the other things they had given up, but found it was too painful to dwell on what could have been.

Muse B became cold and calculating. They never found anyone they felt comfortable with, nowadays it seemed like people were only interested in them for their money.

A couple of years into Muse A's marriage things started to go down hill. Their spouse had grown distant, things getting harder and harder. Muse A tried to make it work, until one evening a friend took Muse A out to a nice restaurant. That was when Muse A saw their spouse cheating on them. Unable to control themselves they made quite the scene demanding to know how long this affair had been going on. As it turned out the affair had been going on for a year. Heartbroken Muse A files for divorce. This leads to some other problems namely having to find a new place to live, paying the lawyer, and maintaining a very strict budget. Just as Muse A decides to get a second job to help with the new expenses they stumble across an ad in the newspaper.

"Help wanted. Looking for a live in house keeper. Duties include keeping the house clean and organized, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, and some other special duties to be discussed at a later date, if hired. Starting pay is $25,000 a month. "

Muse A was sure the pay was a typo, and the special duties did give them pause but this job came with a place to live rent free which would help their new set of problems. So they sent in their resume to the agency that placed the ad. The very next day they received a phone call from Muse B telling them they were hired and should pack their things, as they wanted them to start as soon as possible, and assures them the pay was not a mistake.

Muse A is cautious but accepts. A couple of weeks later they find themselves at a mansion in the mountains, working for someone who looks familiar, though certainly doesn't act like their old significant other. Will Muse A realize that Muse B is their Muse B from way back when, and why did Muse B hire them so fast, do they know their connection to Muse A and just what are the special duties? ( I have some ideas for some of the questions and would love to hear your thoughts too!)

I fell in love with this idea from the moment I first read it.

This is really interesting! I'd love to talk more about the pairings, however...

HavocandBobo HavocandBobo I should be able to send you a pm soon.

Aiety Aiety thank you for your interest and I'm happhappychat more about the pairings I'll send you a pm soon.

Funkybub Funkybub If you can send me a pm with this plot I'd like to hear it, if you cant I'll send you a pm when I can.

Slightly interested in your last plot, just wanting to know who you’d like to write as. A or B? I prefer A? Buttt that’s what asking is for!! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back